Rate the Movie You Recently Watched

PunkNinja

Bring The Good Times Home
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Jan 3, 2013
USA
Use the Ninjas for rating (copy and paste)

Half Ninja = Terrible

HalfN.png

1 Ninja = Poor
1N.png

2 Ninjas = Ok
1N.png
1N.png

3 Ninjas = Good
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png

4 Ninjas = Very Good
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png

5 Ninjas = Excellent
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png

movieratings.jpg
movierate.jpg

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: Noodles
Same mate, just watched it aswell. It had some good parts, the first story was the best and the last one but a few were a little dull for me. Still worth a watch and as always with the Coens they like to make something original!

View attachment 403885View attachment 403885View attachment 403885
I originally gave it 3 stars also, but the more I thought about it, the more I realised how much I enjoyed it. The first story was definitely my favourite too mate... kinda wish they'd made a full film of just that lol. I reckon Neeson's was possibly the worst unfortunately, although each story did at least have something I liked about it, even the boring ones lol.

Reactions: C.C. 95 and Sigill
I originally gave it 3 stars also, but the more I thought about it, the more I realised how much I enjoyed it. The first story was definitely my favourite too mate... kinda wish they'd made a full film of just that lol. I reckon Neeson's was possibly the worst unfortunately, although each story did at least have something I liked about it, even the boring ones lol.
Yeah it might grow on me, that ending did have me thinking afterwards! I loved the first story, if it was like that all the way through I think I would have loved it. Agreed mate the Liam Neeson one wasn’t great. I think as you said though even the weaker ones did have something in them. I could see this maybe being moved up to a 4 star once It settles in! I’m always doing that with movies, my first reaction isn’t always the final one! Lol.:D

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles
Same mate, just watched it aswell. It had some good parts, the first story was the best and the last one but a few were a little dull for me. Still worth a watch and as always with the Coens they like to make something original!

View attachment 403885View attachment 403885View attachment 403885
Tend to agree - as much as I like the Coens, I have to call them out on a decidedly mixed bag. Most of these stories can be described in two sentences - with last sentence being - "....and then they/he/she died." First one (Buster) was funny, secong was a just a shaggy dog joke (Algodones), third was just boring, uncomfortable and sad (Meal Ticket), fourth was interesting but wholly unbelievable in its denoument (Gold Canyon), girl who got Rattled was involving but again, a shaggy dog ending, and Mortal Remains was obviously the worst with so-so dialog and a predictable ending telegraphed from miles away.
The cinematography is fantastic. The throughline is obviously death. But it hangs together pretty weakly, and the sum and the parts have issues. I admit to being bored quite a few times, and after a few endings saying "What the hell was the point of even telling that story?"
And more than once I thought "The director of GRIM PRAIRIE TALES (1990) is either honored, or pissed that the Coen Brothers nicked his movie all these years later."
4FA41D87-B8AB-47EE-8FCC-5A76EDD4A7C6.jpeg

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles and Sigill