Rate the Movie You Recently Watched

PunkNinja

Bring The Good Times Home
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Jan 3, 2013
USA
Use the Ninjas for rating (copy and paste)

Half Ninja = Terrible

HalfN.png

1 Ninja = Poor
1N.png

2 Ninjas = Ok
1N.png
1N.png

3 Ninjas = Good
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png

4 Ninjas = Very Good
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png

5 Ninjas = Excellent
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png

movieratings.jpg
movierate.jpg

Last edited:
Night of the Demon 1957

1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234

I make no secret that this is my all time favourite film. My indicator box set arrived yesterday morning and I spend all day watching all the extras and it has four different versions of the film. The biggest shock for me was finding out that the short 84 minute version was the original version and that was the only version you were meant to see. That's all theatrical viewers saw back in 1957. It turns out that the rough cut which we know and love was never meant to exist and a print ended up in private hands. Also what i didn't realise is that you think the 84 minute version is simply an edit of the 98 minute version, it's not. It uses alternative takes and also some scenes play different. It's astonishing when it's compared and you can see the differences. So they are literally two different versions of the same film. Don't believe me? Watch the comparative documentary, it's a serious eye opener. So in a sense this was the first true director's cut of a film anyone ever got on home video via the 1991 laserdisc and beat Clint Eastwood's Firefox by 6 years.

Reactions: Sigill
You liked it better than the first! It must be good then, I haven’t seen it yet but I’m keeping my expectations in check. I loved the first one, that would probably be a 5 Star for me, what would you rate the first one?
I would probably rate the first one 3 1/2 or a 6, The Day of the Soldado I would give a 7. I think it'll be a toss up for different folks, you may still have high regards for the first and not as much for the second, it all depends on what your expecting out of it. Personally, I'm not a very big Emily Blunt fan but that's just me.

• Thanks
Reactions: Sigill
I would probably rate the first one 3 1/2 or a 6, The Day of the Soldado I would give a 7. I think it'll be a toss up for different folks, you may still have high regards for the first and not as much for the second, it all depends on what your expecting out of it. Personally, I'm not a very big Emily Blunt fan but that's just me.
I did like the slow build up and tension of the first one. From what I have seen of the second one it does look very good though. I can imagine if your not a big Emily Blunt fan that would make a difference. I was a bit wary of the sequel as it wasn’t being directed by Denis Villeneuve again. Hopefully I enjoy it as much as the first one though!:)

Reactions: Lone Crusader
Vinyan (2008)

Great horror/drama with a seedy, unsettling vibe. The run-down villages in Burma provide a very atmospheric setting. Benoit Debie once again delivers with some fantastic cinematography. My favourite moments were those in which almost all sound was drown out and the imagery did all the talking.

1541119480244.png
1541119480244.png
1541119480244.png
1541119480244.png