Rate the Movie You Recently Watched

PunkNinja

Bring The Good Times Home
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Jan 3, 2013
USA
Use the Ninjas for rating (copy and paste)

Half Ninja = Terrible

HalfN.png

1 Ninja = Poor
1N.png

2 Ninjas = Ok
1N.png
1N.png

3 Ninjas = Good
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png

4 Ninjas = Very Good
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png

5 Ninjas = Excellent
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png

movieratings.jpg
movierate.jpg

Last edited:
Incredibles 2
1544295991170.png
1544296000310.png
1544296007734.png

A fun, but ultimately flat sequel. Really just a mirror image of the first, but with Elastigirl doing the super thing while Bob stays home looking after the kids. Not an original idea in the whole movie.

What is this movie even about?
Hmm well, it's quite difficult to explain, as it's just plain weird lol. Basically, it's about a world where anyone who's single (not part of a couple) for a certain amount of days has to be turned into an animal of their choosing -- that's the main idea anyway, and it follows Farrell's character as he deals with it all.

Lets discuss spoilers :)
What was your take on the ending?
Sure. :D
I love open endings like that, where it lets the viewer use their own judgement to wrap it all up. I reckon he probably chickened out and made a run for it lol.

How about you bud... what are your thoughts?

Sure. :D
I love open endings like that, where it lets the viewer use their own judgement to wrap it all up. I reckon he probably chickened out and made a run for it lol.

How about you bud... what are your thoughts?
I do like open ended ending but not always. This is one of those that I like. And when I first saw it, my interpretation was that he actually went along with it. May be because that's what I wanted him to do? And I think it might even be a more cruel ending? However, I was also pissed off because I wanted to know what the director intended. :rofl:

On top of that, I was toying with the idea that she was not actually blinded and just pretending. It's just the way she looks at the waiter in the last scene i think.

Anyway, later I was reading into some articles online about the ending. One of those articles mentions, that if you sit through the credits, you'll hear the music that plays after the initial song is "ambient" like music. And it was suggested that it sounded very much like waves hitting a shore ( and it actually does sound alike after listening). Hinting that he was in fact turned into a lobster. Dont know if it's true or not but it would be cool for the director to sneak that in if that was his preferred ending.

I do like open ended ending but not always. This is one of those that I like. And when I first saw it, my interpretation was that he actually went along with it. May be because that's what I wanted him to do? And I think it might even be a more cruel ending? However, I was also pissed off because I wanted to know what the director intended. :rofl:

On top of that, I was toying with the idea that she was not actually blinded and just pretending. It's just the way she looks at the waiter in the last scene i think.

Anyway, later I was reading into some articles online about the ending. One of those articles mentions, that if you sit through the credits, you'll hear the music that plays after the initial song is "ambient" like music. And it was suggested that it sounded very much like waves hitting a shore ( and it actually does sound alike after listening). Hinting that he was in fact turned into a lobster. Dont know if it's true or not but it would be cool for the director to sneak that in if that was his preferred ending.
That's exactly what I love about open-endings in film... it gets people talking, and it's always interesting to hear other people's interpretations. :)

I definitely think she was blind anyway. She doesn't look up at the waiter until he pours her drink, because the sound of the water being poured is what alerts her to his presence, and I reckon she probably just guessed where he was standing and got lucky to guess right lol.

That's really interesting! I never actually considered that, even after I purposely chose to sit through the credits just to listen to the music. I guess it makes sense that he would eventually turn into a lobster anyway, since that's the title of the film. ;)

• Thanks
Reactions: AlienKing
That's exactly what I love about open-endings in film... it gets people talking, and it's always interesting to hear other people's interpretations. :)

I definitely think she was blind anyway. She doesn't look up at the waiter until he pours her drink, because the sound of the water being poured is what alerts her to his presence, and I reckon she probably just guessed where he was standing and got lucky to guess right lol.

That's really interesting! I never actually considered that, even after I purposely chose to sit through the credits just to listen to the music. I guess it makes sense that he would eventually turn into a lobster anyway, since that's the title of the film. ;)
That was my first thought when the waiter was pouring the water but after the movie just abruptly ends and realizing that it's an open ending, I rewound the last scene to make sure I didnt miss anything. And then thought to myself 'What if?'. What if she was not blinded but he goes all the way and blinds himself for something that's not even true. That would be the saddest ending I could think of.

But yea the music at the end kinda makes sense but I'm not a fan of that ending. :LOL:

What other movies did you like that had open endings?

That was my first thought when the waiter was pouring the water but after the movie just abruptly ends and realizing that it's an open ending, I rewound the last scene to make sure I didnt miss anything. And then thought to myself 'What if?'. What if she was not blinded but he goes all the way and blinds himself for something that's not even true. That would be the saddest ending I could think of.

But yea the music at the end kinda makes sense but I'm not a fan of that ending. :LOL:

What other movies did you like that had open endings?
Haha that definitely would've been an effed up thing to do!

Hmm now that you mention it, I can't really think of any others lol. I guess Inception is an obvious choice... although Nolan kinda revealed the truth behind that one. Come to think of it, a few of his films end on cliffhangers... Inception, DKR, Prestige.

How about you bud... can you think of any good ones?

Haha that definitely would've been an effed up thing to do!

Hmm now that you mention it, I can't really think of any others lol. I guess Inception is an obvious choice... although Nolan kinda revealed the truth behind that one. Come to think of it, a few of his films end on cliffhangers... Inception, DKR, Prestige.

How about you bud... can you think of any good ones?
Just from the other thread, Annihilation came to mind. And that should've reminded you of The Thing.
I havent seen Prestige yet though.
Take Shelter may be? It might be a bad example. I feel like it wasn't really open ended. Swiss Army Man might fall into the same category?

Yea it's hard to thing of all the titles. I should've wrote some of the titles down as soon as I finished watching.

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles
Just from the other thread, Annihilation came to mind. And that should've reminded you of The Thing.
I havent seen Prestige yet though.
Take Shelter may be? It might be a bad example. I feel like it wasn't really open ended. Swiss Army Man might fall into the same category?

Yea it's hard to thing of all the titles. I should've wrote some of the titles down as soon as I finished watching.
Ah, yes... all very good endings that leave you thinking. Take Shelter being a personal favourite!

• Thanks
Reactions: AlienKing