Rate the Movie You Recently Watched

PunkNinja

Bring The Good Times Home
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Jan 3, 2013
USA
Use the Ninjas for rating (copy and paste)

Half Ninja = Terrible

HalfN.png

1 Ninja = Poor
1N.png

2 Ninjas = Ok
1N.png
1N.png

3 Ninjas = Good
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png

4 Ninjas = Very Good
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png

5 Ninjas = Excellent
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png

movieratings.jpg
movierate.jpg

Last edited:
Horror Express 1972

1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234

Christopher Lee, Peter Cushing and Telly Savalas in this superb horror/sci-fi clearly based on The Thing from another world and most certainly this film had to have influenced John Carpenter's The Thing. What can I say but enjoy the best film Hammer never made. Hammer in all but name and one of the best sci-fi / horror films of the 70's. Genuinely creepy and scary at the same time. This was the new remastered pressing from Arrow and the film has never looked so good.

The Medusa Touch 1979

1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234

This disaster movie from 1979 stars Richard Burton and Lee Remick. Richard Burton plays a man who has the ability to cause disasters and a jolly fine disaster film it is too. The film became infamous for being banned on TV around the time of 9/11 because of it's infamous plane crash. For a few years it was impossible to see but it's now available on Network blu-ray.

• Thanks
Reactions: GeoRattray
The Medusa Touch 1979

1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234

This disaster movie from 1979 stars Richard Burton and Lee Remick. Richard Burton plays a man who has the ability to cause disasters and a jolly fine disaster film it is too. The film became infamous for being banned on TV around the time of 9/11 because of it's infamous plane crash. For a few years it was impossible to see but it's now available on Network blu-ray.

Agree - such a great movie. Must add this to my list to watch again...

Bad Times At The El Royale

1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234

I really wanted to like this, visually brilliant (though the 4k disc was very disappointing, I even checked if I'd put the blu ray in by mistake) and the first third of the movie is brilliantly setup, but I felt it was about 30 mins too long (the wife and I groaned at Miles' backstory coming up that late in the film) and the ending not really worth the buildup. A bit frustrating overall, especially due to one of the characters making an early exit unexpectedly.

Vice (2018)
full.png
full.png
full.png
empty.png
empty.png

Some great performances and I love the way it was edited, but it was kinda boring in places IMO and I slowly found myself losing interest.

@Flloydo Tagging you since you're the one who recommended it to me.

Reactions: Flloydo
Creed II (2018)
full.png
full.png
full.png
empty.png
empty.png

I was a bit disappointed with this to be honest, as I loved the first one, but felt the sequel packed too many punches by constantly trying to hit us in the feels over ridiculous things that weren't really important. Still, it was entertaining enough and a worthy chapter in the Rocky/Creed franchise.

Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse (2018)
full.png
full.png
full.png
full.png
full.png

Incredibly fun, and gorgeous looking too! It's not often I go into a movie with super high expectations and still come out the other end having said expectations blown to another universe, but I guess the clue was in the title. ;)

Reactions: Sigill
Kiss Me Deadly 1955

1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234

An Astonishingly brutal film even by today's standards and a rare film in which all the characters are totally unlikeable. In the world of Mike Hammer everyone is either a user or to be used. No good guys here.
I'm amazed that some of the scenes got past the censors of the day. Part Film Noir, Part Science Fiction, a film that is very much a warning to the curious.......

Robin Hood 1938

1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234

This technicolor epic is still for me the best Robin Hood film ever made. Errol Flynn has never been bettered as the saviour of the poor and oppressed. With both Claude Raines and Basil Rathbone as bad asses, how could this film fail?. It doesn't. The Colour photography is remarkable considering the nature of the technicolor cameras used on it. It's akin to trying to take a selfie with a plate camera. The most astonishing aspect of the film. One of the main leads Olivia deHavilland is still alive at 102 (soon to be 103). If ever a film deserves the 4k treatment this is it!

Bad times at El Royale : 3 outta 5.

Thor almost almost ruined it, terrible over acting. But, I'll give it a second view later.

Tarzan's Greatest Adventure 1959

1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234

The 3rd Colour Tarzan and the best in my books. More adult that previous one's and a top notch script. It helps that you have a cast to die for Sean Connery (Bond), Niall mGinnis (Night of the Demon), Anthony Quayle (Ice Cold in Alex) and Gordon Scott as Tarzan.
Forget the normal tarzan you're used to. This is The Good Die Young in the jungle. This a very brutal film and both Tarzan and the Female lead (Sarah Shane) come together by chance and it's all about survival Pitting Tarzan and Angie against the ruthless diamond smugglers.
At 90 minutes the film never outstays it's welcome.
It's a shame Sarah Shane retired from acting a few years later because she was very very good and here you can see the early basic of the likes of Weaver's Ripley..... Even if you not a tarzan fan you would enjoy this film.

Howard Hawk's The Thing 1951

1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234

This is the original adaption from the Novel "Who Goes There?" and bar the title bears no resemble to the book. Comparisons between it and the John Carpenter film are a waste of time as they are completely different films with a different story and Carpenter's is faithful to the original book.
This is less a horror story but more a thriller in which the Army and Scientists clash about how to deal with the pilot of a crashed spacecraft who is totally hostile to the local population. It becomes a story of survival and how to destroy the "Intellectual carrot!". Surprisingly effective even today and it still
holds up well.

The Giant Behemoth 1958

1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234

A lesser 50's monster movie let down by poor special effects despite the presence of Willis O'Brien. I suspect his involvement was in name only. The story is actually very good and the photography excellent only let down by the poor effects from the team concerned. One of the rare times you could justify redoing the effects for a modern audience as an alternative. I say rare as most 50's movies with special effects highlight the work of famous effects artists and therefore to me any remaking of the effects should be off limit. This is one of two exceptions in my books.

Tarzan's Three Challenges / Tarzan goes to india 1962/1963.

1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234

The only two Tarzan films that Jack Mahoney did and excellent they are to. In the 1st one he goes to India to help protect Elephants from a dam about to be completed Yep the story sounds lame but it's a very exciting adventure and again a more intelligent script than you would expect. In Tarzan's 3 Challenges he goes to help an old friend get the right heir on the throne in Thailand. With Woody Strude as a badass villain you know it's going to be good. One thing these two films do is blow away the myth that non-white actors are hard done by in Hollywood films. In both these films most of the actors bar Tarzan are all non white and play key roles. No blacking up here. All 100% authentic non-white actors. It happened a lot more than you think in 50's and 60's Hollywood films. Highly recommended both these films. Hopefully Warner Archives will get their finger out and do the early Gordon Scott Tarzans and the post Jack Mahoney one's

Last edited:
I really haven't heard of any of these recent films like Polar. I'd say 90% of the films in the cinema over the last 5 years I only ever see when they turn up on TV.

Space Cowboys (2000)
full.png
full.png
full.png
empty.png
empty.png

OLDMAGEDDON - For a space movie, the actual space scenes weren't all that entertaining. My grandad would probably have a blast with it though!

Jason X

1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234

Have to admit i'm not a great fan of the Jason films. This one is the exception. A taut slasher movie that's both fresh and vibrant and it never outstays it's welcome and it also gives a fresh spin on the character. Gory yes but a nicely paced film and some nice humour as well.