Rate the Movie You Recently Watched

PunkNinja

Bring The Good Times Home
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Jan 3, 2013
USA
Use the Ninjas for rating (copy and paste)

Half Ninja = Terrible

HalfN.png

1 Ninja = Poor
1N.png

2 Ninjas = Ok
1N.png
1N.png

3 Ninjas = Good
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png

4 Ninjas = Very Good
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png

5 Ninjas = Excellent
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png

movieratings.jpg
movierate.jpg

Last edited:
Nah not like that. You know when people get Botox in their foreheads they can't form expressions. It seems like that but with her top lip, it looks stiff and rigid. Idk she just looks odd to me.
She’s definatly had something done. I barely recognise her from the trailer for this. I think she something done a while back, some Botox going on I think. I don’t think she needed to but they all wanna stay young. Even Nicole Kidman claims she has had nothing done! Yeah right!:LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: harry
The Narrow Margin 1952

1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234

This is a taut thriller about a cop who has to protect a witness to a murder aboard a train and then get them into court. A lot of surprises along the way.

Narrow Margin 1990

1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234

A remake of the above but i give it the slight edge due to Gene Hackman's performance and the cat and mouse game between him and the killers. At 90 minutes it's just perfect and one of the rare times I give the remake the edge.

Suddenly 1954

1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234

Frank Sinatra plays a hitman who with fellow killers hold a family hostage so they can kill the president of the United States. A genuine edge of the seat film.
Recommended.

Kind Hearts and Coronets 1949

1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234

An astonishingly funny film as black as comedy comes about a man played by Dennis Price who seeks revenge on an aristocratic family for cutting his mother off for having an affair so he decides to kill them all. Yep a comedy about a serial killer who kills an entire family off one by one..... it shouldn't be funny but it's a gem in black humour and the dialogue is priceless.

Having just killed a relative by shooting down her air balloon

"I shot an arrow in the air, she fell to earth in Berkeley Square"

After murdering his cousin and mistress

"I was sorry about the girl, but found some relief in the reflection that she had presumably during the weekend already undergone a fate worse that death"

"I had not forgotten or forgiven the boredom of the sermon of young Henry's funeral so I decided to promote the Reverend Lord Henry D'Ascoyune to next place on the list"

Toy Story 4.
Awesome movie, quite faultless in many ways and definitely the best Pixar in the last 10 years, IMO. Great ending as well. Kind of hope it ends on that note, but would welcome a 5th if they can keep the standards up. Also, the CGI is just insane

1562744221594.png
1562744221594.png1562744221594.png1562744221594.png1562744221594.png

Hmmm, I'm a little concerned by your ratings of Alita and Pokemon. Your taste is close to mine. I have both movies (steelbooks) preordered. I really am trying to concentrate on movies I love. And I like to watch them for the first time once I buy them (I don't do rentals). In your honest opinion are they worth owning?
I never really like to tell folks not to watch/buy a movie, because they could end up loving it for all I know. So definitely give them both a shot and judge for yourself bud. :)

My thoughts though...

Detective Pikachu was enjoyable enough, but not something I feel I'd be in a rush to rewatch. That's coming from someone who isn't necessarily a Pokemon fan though... so if you are a fan, then I'm sure you'd love it!

Alita was just very "meh" overall. There was no proper backstory for any of the characters, and you're only given hints as to who they are, so it becomes a little frustrating. The most annoying example of this was with Alita herself... the entire film is basically about her discovering who she is and where she came from, but it ends on a huge cliffhanger because they're clearly wanting to set up some sort of franchise, so you're left with tons of unanswered questions. By the end I'd lost interest, so I don't much care for a part 2.

I had steelbooks pre-ordered for both, but have since cancelled them.

The Mummy 2017

What can i say?. I have watched every Mummy movie from Universal to Hammer and beyond and this is easily the worst piece of **** I have ever seen in the Mummy franchise. I can't even give it a rating it's so dire.... Everyone involved should hang their head in shame!

Hellboy (2019)
full.png
full.png
empty.png
empty.png
empty.png

I was expecting this to be a 1-star fayre based on all the hate it received, but there's actually some fund to be had if you turn your brain off. Harbour was great, as were the action/fight scenes... unfortunately that's about where the positives end. For an R-rated film, I expected it to be darker and more twisted, but all we really got were a lot of unnecessary F-bombs. Cute that they set it up for a sequel too lol.

Get Carter 1971

1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234

This is easily the best film Michael Caine ever did. He plays a ruthless gangster who goes to Newcastle Upon Tyne to find out why his brother was killed and he's not taking no for an answer. People talk about the the Godfather or even Goodfellows as being the cream de al creme of gangster films. This is easily in the same league. It's the shear relentless brutality and casual misery of ordinary day life that makes this film so gripping. Forget the Stallone remake. This is the real mccoy.

[The scene in which he kills "Alf Roberts" is astonishingly brutal and spares the viewer no punches. A unique film in which there are no likable people in the film. Everyone a grade A bastard/SPOILER]

The Mummy 1959

1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234

This is one of Hammers finest and it's not hard to see why. A gripping plot in which those who dared entered the tomb of the princess are ruthlessly hunted down 3 years later by the Mummy. Forget the slow lumbering mummy of the Universal films. Here we have Christopher Lee as a giant Mummy who moves like lightning and through shear mime conveys the misery of thousands of years trapped as the tool of those who control him. A vastly understated actor who really was top of the game and the film shows more life in 2 minutes than the entire of the dire 2017 film. I think I'm right in that Hammer were one of the only studios to do Mummy films........ I assume they had to get permission from Universal.....

I was expecting this to be a 1-star fayre based on all the hate it received, but there's actually some fund to be had if you turn your brain off. Harbour was great, as were the action/fight scenes... unfortunately that's about where the positives end. For an R-rated film, I expected it to be darker and more twisted, but all we really got were a lot of unnecessary F-bombs. Cute that they set it up for a sequel too lol.

I was surprised at this being made. I really was expecting a 3rd film with Ron Pearlman who was born to play the role.

Aladdin 2019

1563358083242.png
1563358083242.png
empty-png.438264
empty-png.438264
empty-png.438264

Something about it just isn't right. I thought Will Smith was good as the genie. After watching it, I couldn't think of a better actor to do it even though it will never be Robin etc. etc.
A lot of scenes related to the story seem too short and there's too many filler type scenes. The deliberately sped-up dance scenes were weird.
I think one issue, and I don't want to seem PC mad even if it is the age we live in, but the main 3 or 4 characters all have strong American accents and all of the background and older characters have middle-eastern accents. Not sure why it bugged me so much.