Upcoming Reacher (Season 3) [Prime Video]

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere

Skydance Exec: Bringing Jack Reacher To TV Is “Realistic” In Current Landscape​

Skydance Media President and Chief Operating Officer Jesse Sisgold was on a Produced By panel today titled “The Keys to the Kingdom: Financiers & Distributors.” In discussing Skydance’s streaming and television ventures, Sisgold brought up the Jack Reacher series and why Skydance is going the streaming/TV route.

Tom Cruise played the title character in two films. The 2016 sequel, Jack Reacher: Never Go Back under-performed, so a third film was unlikely.

“We’re just being realistic about the landscape,” Sisgold said. “For us, those straight down the middle, awesome action thrillers in that mid-range budget, they just seem to lend themselves to an episodic experience. It’s not the old days [of television], where you had to limit it down to a pretty low scale.”

via Deadline

4E4EE1BA-C23B-4A39-81AE-D61DA67AE869.jpeg

Last edited:

Malcolm Goodwin, Willa Fitzgerald & Chris Webster Join Alan Ritchson In Amazon Series​

Malcom-Goodwin-Willa-Fitzgerald-Chris-Webster.jpg

iZombie alum Malcolm Goodwin, Willa Fitzgerald (Scream) and Chris Webster (Most Dangerous Game) have been tapped as series regulars opposite Alan Ritchson in the upcoming Amazon original series Reacher, based on the Jack Reacher character from Lee Child’s international bestselling books.

Ritchson stars as the title character in the series, produced by Amazon Studios, Skydance Television and Paramount Television Studios. The first season, written, exec produced and showrun by Nick Santora, is based on the first Jack Reacher novel, The Killing Floor, which is set in Georgia.

Goodwin will star as Chief Detective Oscar Finlay, a Harvard-educated, tweed suit-wearing Northerner who recently relocated to the small town of Margrave to take a job in the Margrave Police Department.

Fitzgerald stars as Roscoe Conklin, who was born and raised in Margrave and is a smart and proud officer in the Margrave PD. She is resilient and is intimidated by nothing and no one.

Webster stars as KJ, the spoiled son of businessman and town benefactor Kliner. KJ thinks the town and townspeople, especially Roscoe, belong to him.

In addition to Santora, the series is executive produced by Child, Don Granger, Christopher McQuarrie and Scott Sullivan, with David Ellison and Dana Goldberg for Skydance. Carolyn Harris oversees the series for Skydance Television, which produces with Amazon Studios and Paramount TV Studios.

Goodwin starred as Clive Babineaux on The CW series iZombie, for which he also directed an episode. His TV credits also include a series-regular role on A&E’s Breakout Kings and guest roles on House of Cards, Project Blue Book, True Bloodand Wayward Pines. He is repped by Paradigm and MJ Management.

Fitzgerald played the lead in MTV’s Scream series. She also starred in the Netflix anthology series Dolly Parton’s Heartstrings; in the USA series Dare Me, based on the best-selling Megan Abbott novel; and in Masterpiece‘s limited series Little Women. She next will be seen in the Randall Emmett-directed action drama, Wash Me in the River, opposite Robert De Niro, John Malkovich and Jack Huston. Most recently, Fitzgerald appeared in the film adaptation of Warner Bros.’ The Goldfinch, directed by John Crowley. Fitzgerald is represented by Paradigm and Untitled Entertainment.

Webster was recently a series regular opposite Christoph Waltz and Liam Hemsworth in Quibi’s Most Dangerous Game. The England-born actor also recurred on the AMC series Turn: Washington’s Spies. His UK credits include guest starring roles on Holby City, Doctors and Father Brown. Webster is repped by Haven, TalentWorks and Todd Rubenstein at Barnes Morris Klein & Yorn.

via Deadline

So, they 'serialized' Jack Ryan, now Jack Reacher, which I don't mind, but I wish for more Jack Bauer.

Don't like the main actor much, but at least he's white... and not a woman. :rolleyes:

I see they used the classic “one of you has got to drive to the hospital” instead of the rest of will be so scared that you’ll run off type thing haha. Looks ok.

Just watched 6 episodes literaly one after another.
Love series and i certainly hope they renew it for another season. But fights man... those were best part.
Too bad none of the main characters won't return for another season, if they manage to do it. At least that's what i read.

Excellent show.

Just finished it.

I really like that Willa Fitzgerald. She's really cute.

Alan Ritchson reminds me of Patrick Swayze at times. Sometimes I hear the voice of Clint Eastwood in there. Other times he reminds me Chris Pratt.

I believe that's the author, Lee Child, (the author of the books) in a cameo near the end of the last episode
Reacher is entering the diner and another person passes him on the way out. They mumble "excuse me" or "sorry" (I don't remember which). The guy looks to be the same height as Reacher. Alan Ritchson, the actor plays Reacher is 6' 2". Lee Child is 6' 4" tall according to IMDB.

I knew right away he had to be somebody other than an extra because it was an unnecessary moment with a word or 2 of dialogue but the moment sticks out.

I checked IMDB for verification but there isn't any mention of it. However, I see Lee Child has cameos in both of the Jack Reacher movies starring Tom Cruise. So it would make sense.

Reactions: ash333
You're right, although it is a blink & you'll miss it appearance.

Likewise, binged from start to finish, & would love another series.
Ritchson, & maybe Maria Sten, who played Neagley, would be the only cast members needed.

Long format of mini-series is more appropriate to a book adaptation than the much shorter :naughty: films.

Reactions: Stygian and ash333
Saw the first two episodes, thought it was really good.

Spoiler Alert:
I don't know if anybody noticed but on the first episode when he went into county lockup and went to sleep he was wearing tennis shoes and when he woke up he was wearing prison loafers. I don't know if anybody else caught that.

I started watching this show on Saturday night and got up to the last episode today but ran out of time, but I really like it and hope they have more seasons in the future.

Ritchson's performance reminded me a lot of the old Clint Eastwood style - voice and body mannerism along with that perfect execution of the dry humor found in the books.

Reactions: Stygian
Renewed for Season 2 -

In the top 5 of all Amazon original show launches in the first 24 hours.

Renewed for Season 2 -

In the top 5 of all Amazon original show launches in the first 24 hours.
That's good news!

Reactions: Stygian and ash333