Ready Player One - In theaters March 30, 2018

kaw

Pop!/Movies/TV Mod
Premium Supporter
Nov 4, 2010
Vancouver Canada
[CONTAINER][MOVIE1]Title: Ready Player One (2017)

Genre: [GENRE]Science Fiction[/GENRE]

Director: [DIRECTOR]Steven Spielberg[/DIRECTOR]

Cast: Tye Sheridan, Olivia Cooke, Mark Rylance, Ben Mendelsohn, Simon Pegg, T.J. Miller

Plot: When the creator of an MMO called the Oasis dies, he releases a video in which he challenges all Oasis users to find his Easter Egg, which will give the finder his fortune. Wade Watts finds the first clue and starts a race for the Egg. [/MOVIE1][POSTER1]
nzinnrSEnXIVw9ib6BCmUV6dvt3.jpg
[/POSTER1][/CONTAINER]

Last edited by a moderator:
Shocked we didn't have a thread for this film yet...

LOVED the book! One of my Favorites. Read it if you haven't!

Just announced that Tye Sheridan (X-MEN: APOCALYPSE, MUD) will play the lead role!
Olivia Cooke (Me, Earl and the Dying Girl) and Ben Mendelsohn (The Place Beyond the Pines) have also already been announced to star in it.

I've been meaning to check out the book for the longest time... hopefully I'll get the chance to before the film is released. The cast looks great! Love Tye Sheridan in everything I've seen him in so far, Olivia Cooke was great in Me and Earl and the Dying Girl (she's a cutie, too), and Ben Mendelsohn is up there as one of my favourites. Really excited to see how this turns out!

I remember hearing about this ages ago.
Sounds interesting and i love Olivia Cooke

@Noodles You gotta read it! If you are a fan of Movies and Video games of the 80s and 90s. You'll totally dig it.
I'm not a book reader at all, but a friend of mine showed me her copy and I noticed the quote "Willy Wonka meets The Matrix" on the front, and I was immediately sold! Now you've just sold it to me even more. :D

Reactions: kaw
@Noodles I don't read many books either. But I totally hauled through this one and loved it.
Actually the only reason why I checked this out was because I heard Spielberg was going to be making a film out of it. haha

Reactions: Noodles
@Noodles I don't read many books either. But I totally hauled through this one and loved it.
Actually the only reason why I checked this out was because I heard Spielberg was going to be making a film out of it. haha
Haha if that isn't a good enough reason to read it, then I don't know what is. :LOL:

...They really should have tried to make the VR unit look less like cyclops, considering Tye also plays Cyclops in X-Men.
Funny how they revealed Cyclops' new visor the same day you made that comment. :LOL:

• Thanks
Reactions: kaw
Wow. Not what I pictured in my head reading the book at all... But it still looks good!
This is one of my favorite books so I'm going to hold this to a very high standard. Spielberg don't let me down.

Wow. Not what I pictured in my head reading the book at all... But it still looks good!
This is one of my favorite books so I'm going to hold this to a very high standard. Spielberg don't let me down.
I've not properly read the book, but have heard parts from other people I know, and it's not what I pictured either... I still haven't decided if that's a good or bad thing yet, although the trailer does look very cool!

I know nothing about this book but this looks f*cking awesome.

So does this feature characters and stuff from other films etc? I swear I see the iron giant, Freddy Kruger, the delorean and what looks like a Orc

So does this feature characters and stuff from other films etc? I swear I see the iron giant, Freddy Kruger, the delorean and what looks like a Orc

Read the book. Seriously. It's worth it.

The story relies heavily on pop culture of the 80s and 90s.

The book isn't limited by the rights to certain characters and films... It looks like this movie will be tho.
All the characters shown seem to be WB owned or something Spielberg was involved with?

Its too bad that it limits things... but its understandable. Would be so hard to get the rights to everything in the book.

• Thanks
  • Helpful Post
Reactions: Flloydo and Noodles

I need to watch it again with a closer eye, but I also spotted Harley Quinn and Deathstroke, and even Duke Nukem lol. Oh, and that red motorbike... is that the one from Akira? Spielberg actually said that "the Iron Giant is a real major player in the story", which really excites me! :D

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo