Space Cadet

[Far above the moon]
Premium Supporter
Nov 26, 2017
Finland
2.67 star(s) Rating: 2.67/5 6 Votes
Title: Rebel Moon

Director: Zack Snyder

Plot: When a peaceful colony on the edge of the galaxy is threatened by the armies of the tyrannical Regent Balisarius, the desperate people dispatch a young woman with a mysterious past to seek out warriors from neighboring planets to helm them make a stand.

I’m honestly not feeling this at all. I was looking forward to it but the trailer makes it look too much like a cheesey Milla Jovovich film. Put me off a little. But will give it a go and reserve judgement until then

Looks like it’s got nothing on the creator though
Glad someone else said it... whilst there are parts of the trailer that look great, the majority of it looked quite tacky to me. Same though, will hold judgement until actually seeing the film.

Reactions: Flloydo
Ha! I'm glad it looks like a Milla Jovovich movie, and if one accepts the green screen filming and CGI in place of puppets, then those fans of stuff like Farscape and cringy low-budget looking Lexx shows will probably love it!

It's very derivative, but a good cook can make something great from same old ingredients.

Holy ****, I think I've just experienced tantric sex watching this trailer! :D
I've never been a big fan of Star Wars, even the 'original' ones, but after they were destroyed by new 'product', this looks like much better than Star Wars!
Sofia Boutella can beat me up any time... please. :hungry:
Seriously haven't been this excited for sci-fi since Farscape!

F_ZALznaAAAYkq9.jpegF_ZAeX1aMAAgZVH.jpegF_ZA5xLbIAABUD-.jpegF_ZAc1UaUAAPU7G.jpegF_ZANSQaEAA6BTU.jpegF_ZAUuabUAAL5QP.jpeg

During an interview with Entertainment Weekly, Snyder explained the most significant differences between the PG-13 versions of Rebel Moon and the R-rated director's cuts that will also be released.
“I'm super proud of the PG-13 version, the broader audience version, because I would say it really satisfies an awesome, timeless, mythological scope. What we’ve done with the other version is fun and subversive because an R-rated sci-fi movie at this scale shouldn’t exist. It's a full hour longer. It's not just slightly different or a little bit more. There are big chunks of the movie that are different.”
Director's cuts that are an hour longer tie into Snyder's ambitious plans for the Rebel Moon universe. While in development over the course of twenty years, Rebel Moon was pitched as a Star Wars movie at one point. It ultimately became its own intellectual property that Snyder went on to develop with Netflix. The first two movies were shot simultaneously, with Rebel Moon: Part One – A Child of Fire releasing in December and Rebel Moon: Part Two – The Scargiver releasing in April 2024.

The trailer is great. The visuals are great.

But there is something missing for me here...

Its hard to describe in words. Like there isn't weight too it. Like there is too much visual effects here. I dont know

I'll save off judgement until viewing it for sure though.

I'll be honest. I wasn't sure about this film(s) from the trailer. Were we just going to get all style no substance. Or even worse... was this going to be another Jupiter Ascending?
I like Zack. I really do. But I was very skeptical about this.

But after watching this 3 min clip. If this is the quality we are going to get, I'm in. The clip worked on me. it drew me in to the world and the characters already in such a short time. Well done.
Can't wait to see this now.

It's moved up a day to the 21st, yes?

Edit: Doubt I'll see it earlier, being a) In UK, b) Tickets for that age old classic Christmas movie Die Hard on 22nd. Gotta have your priorities straight :thumbs:

Last edited:
So... I was really hoping this was going to be amazing. And the first half was actually pretty good. But by the end, I found myself being pretty disappointed.

I felt it was very inconsistent visually. Some shots were fantastic and others just looked kind a cheap and you could tell they were on a set with green screen. Got pulled out of it a couple times because of that.
But what it really comes down to is the story and the characters.... and this movie just loved adding more and more characters. It did a pretty poor job of getting me invested in them, especially the later few.

Maybe I'll feel different after watching part 2? Right now I'm giving this a 6/10.

Very curious what other people are feeling about this.