Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
rsd2016.png

recordstoreday.com
Share what you got!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CdDlacmW0AAtoht.jpg

Record Store Day 2016 Dr Who and The Daleks

Format:2LP, 750 numbered, yellow vinyl
Overall print run is 1,500 and will be available from record stores and online
Record Store Day version is limited to a numbered 750 release

Label:Silva Screen

Never before released on vinyl, are these two lovingly restored soundtracks to the only big screen Doctor Who films ever made – the 1965 release DR. WHO AND THE DALEKS and 1966 DALEKS: INVASION EARTH 2150 A.D.

The music was composed by Malcom Lockyer (DR. WHO AND THE DALEKS) and Bill McGuffie (DALEKS: INVASION EARTH 2150 A.D.) with sections enhanced by electronic sounds created by Barry Gray, famed for his work with Gerry Anderson. The album also includes contemporary single releases and a gatefold sleeve featuring memorabilia, including the original poster artwork and detailed production notes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Record Store Day is the one day of the year when over 200 independent record shops all across the UK come together to celebrate their unique culture. Special vinyl releases are made exclusively for the day and many shops and cities host artist performances and events to mark the occasion.

This will be available in various shops who will be part of 2016 Record Store Day

Limited to 750 Copies

No chance of getting a copy. The shops will be swamped that day
Silva Screen have said it will also be available in shops after record day
The release is Limited to 1,500 but the a record store day release is a limited numbered version of 750

I will find out later in the week if anything else different between the 2 versions

Last edited:
Record store opens here at 10 o'clock :D
I have to wait...

@dan8885 I thought Star Wars would be really shaped like a Millenium Falcon but I saw a picture after the annoucement which was only a picture disc.
At least the themes are nice.

Pictures will be added ;)

Reactions: dan8885
Record store opens here at 10 o'clock :D
I have to wait...

@dan8885 I thought Star Wars would be really shaped like a Millenium Falcon but I saw a picture after the annoucement which was only a picture disc.
At least the themes are nice.

Pictures will be added ;)

My shops are open at 9 I think. But this year theres not much for me that needs to be "first in place". I'm looking for 3-4 releases but when I'll miss them I'm not mad.
The only record I was really looking forward to is postponed so let's see. The record I hope to get today is the Requiem for a Dream OST. But mostly it's all about the fun and sharing the passion :)

What bothers me more about the SW release is not that it's not "Millenium falcon shaped" it's more that it's a 10" :facepalm:

Reactions: wongsifu
What did I get? Nothing. Nothing but a wasted morning. The only store within 20 miles of me that was participating was only letting in 3 people at a time and I was maybe 10th in line? By the time I got in, the 2 records I wanted were gone. Managed to get a copy of the Star Wars record from Amazon.de, but still looking for the other one. Won't be in a hurry to go next year.

What did I get? Nothing. Nothing but a wasted morning. The only store within 20 miles of me that was participating was only letting in 3 people at a time and I was maybe 10th in line? By the time I got in, the 2 records I wanted were gone. Managed to get a copy of the Star Wars record from Amazon.de, but still looking for the other one. Won't be in a hurry to go next year.

Damn buddy that's sad! The store I normally go to didn't got any record store releases since they'll close :( at the second store there was a line about 30-40 people so I went to the store I thought I'll never have a chance to enter and surprise there was like 5-6 people in store and I got exactly the three releases I was looking for. Really lucky.

Which one you was looking for and missed out?

Damn buddy that's sad! The store I normally go to didn't got any record store releases since they'll close :( at the second store there was a line about 30-40 people so I went to the store I thought I'll never have a chance to enter and surprise there was like 5-6 people in store and I got exactly the three releases I was looking for. Really lucky.

Which one you was looking for and missed out?
I was after the Star Wars and Disturbed picture discs. Picked up the Star Wars one online, and they're going to try and get me a copy of Disturbed next week as they have another chance at ordering. Glad you managed to get what you were after!

I was after the Star Wars and Disturbed picture discs. Picked up the Star Wars one online, and they're going to try and get me a copy of Disturbed next week as they have another chance at ordering. Glad you managed to get what you were after!

SW was still available at my store but Disturbed was gone. Damn buddy I'll cross fingers for you that they'll get it for you :thumbs:

Reactions: D4vem88
Next time you tell me things like that upfront :pain: Theres 3-4 stores near me, and I mean 10 min by foot near, and around 9-10 participating in my whole city.
No way! That's crazy. :OMG:

I'm not so lucky... there's literally one record store in my town, but they don't take part in RSD. I even asked the owner about it a few years ago and he had no idea what RSD was. :facepalm:

I think there's one or two record stores in the next town over, but they don't take part in RSD either for some reason. I need to move to Germany! :p

No way! That's crazy. :OMG:

I'm not so lucky... there's literally one record store in my town, but they don't take part in RSD. I even asked the owner about it a few years ago and he had no idea what RSD was. :facepalm:

I think there's one or two record stores in the next town over, but they don't take part in RSD either for some reason. I need to move to Germany! :p

I went to the RSD website and did a count, it's 11 stores in my city :oops: Berlin got 17 but Berlin is 3 million citizens, my city is 1 million.