Feb 28, 2011
UK
Released: October 26, 2018 Spring 2018 Fall 2017
Purchase:
Zavvi
PS4 - Amazon USA
XBox One - Amazon USA

1.jpg2.jpg

Developed by the creators of Grand Theft Auto V and Red Dead Redemption, Red Dead Redemption 2 is an epic tale of life in America’s unforgiving heartland. The game’s vast and atmospheric world will also provide the foundation for a brand new online multiplayer experience.

kisspng-red-dead-redemption-2-grand-theft-auto-v-rockstar-5b3fbdbb2fcf38.5473842515309039951958.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Helpful Post
Reactions: bloodsnake007
Feel like Chapter 1 is just a little too insistent on doing exactly what you're told and nothing more. Just comes on a little too strong for me when it feels like you're peeking over the edge of that world out there and anxious to start exploring. I guess they have to set up some of the chess pieces but ya know plenty other games do it fine too while offering you a bit more freedom. With that being said I guess they really just have to cover alot of mechanics and in this modern age where they don't even include manuals anymore people expect to be told how everything works - really is a drag in some games.. it's giving me Assassin's Creed 3 vibes with like a 6 hour intro lol.

I am however still enjoying myself and looking forward to seeing how it all unfolds. Great visuals and presentation.

Reactions: MGD
So I think I've played around 10 hours or so at the moment and I love it.

Visually, it's stunning! I think this might be the best looking game I have ever played although I do found the sound is very 'soft' and quiet.

Gameplay is OK, I think there's quite a few bugs that need to be ironed out and it wouldn't surprise me if there's another update around the corner. I do find the shooting is a little 'off'......it's very slow. Does anyone else find this?

The level of detail though is incredible and I cannot wait to play more

• Helpful Post
Reactions: MGD and harry
Game is amazing! @harry @Noodles :cool: Only a few hrs in but so far it's really good. Like @cooey said the visuals are stunning.:woot: I found myself roaming around last night just amazed at all the details (Similar to AC:Orgins). The Gun-play feels a bit tight but still room to work with. more weapons to find/purchase going forward. It's fun just messing around with the cinematic mode. Found myself falling off a ridge the other day playing around with that feature a bit too much. :smuggrin:

• Thanks
  • Haha
Reactions: Noodles and harry
I do find the shooting is a little 'off'......it's very slow. Does anyone else find this?

I'd say it's alot off lol. I've been messing with aiming settings all weekend. I mean yeah generally it's slower off the line because you're not dealing with automatic weapons like in so many other games but beyond this auto-aim to me feels like something isn't right. Dropping dead zone settings way down is a must.. but I'm finding free-aim mode unplayable just now and that's pretty disappointing. I've never liked the lock-on element in Rockstar games but dealt with it better in Red Dead 1 than I am here. I swear I die in so many random encounters. :rofl: I won't be surprised if we see some tweaks made to it with patches.

After the creaky start (there's no defending it.. I think it was a terrible way to start the game!) I'm certainly enjoying the experience alot more now. It's not without its hangups though.. right now namely having to worry about pelt condition and effectively squirreling away the fast travel option in the ledger and behind a big paywall too kinda sucks. I'm also bugged by some of its dedication to realism shall we say? Really not liking a limited inventory/inventory resets off your horse. The weapon wheel in the original let you carry everything and I don't see why they changed it really.. videogamey bottomless pockets never hurt anyone. :rofl:

Also wish there was a full-on manual you could read ahead of time.. hours and hours later the game is still doling out tips I wish I had known hours ago. Sure you could look everything up online but I prefer just staying in the game and browsing between gameplay. All that whining aside.. the world truly feels alive like few others do. You never really know what's going to happen next around you.. even following random drunk guys around I've found can offer you comedic nuggets worth spending the time on. Just wandering and taking in the sights.. it's not for everyone. I can see it being a divisive game because the pace can be vexing if you just want endless sense of progression. It's really the opposite of something like modern AssCreed. I can take both styles but overall.. ambience and atmosphere like this is probably the thing I appreciate most in games. I applaud them for being pretty fearless in their approach. Now fix the aiming plz :smuggrin:

Game is amazing! @harry @Noodles :cool: Only a few hrs in but so far it's really good. Like @cooey said the visuals are stunning.:woot: I found myself roaming around last night just amazed at all the details (Similar to AC:Orgins). The Gun-play feels a bit tight but still room to work with. more weapons to find/purchase going forward. It's fun just messing around with the cinematic mode. Found myself falling off a ridge the other day playing around with that feature a bit too much. :smuggrin:
I've been hooked on it since day one bud, and I've mostly just been roaming around... by the end of it I realised I'd more or less uncovered the entire map lol. I finally started to get stuck into doing a proper run on some missions yesterday though, and they're so much fun! I won't spoil anything, but a particular mission that involves Lenny in a saloon was bloody hilarious. :rofl:

Don't think I've really had any issues with shooting/aiming, but then I have auto-aim on. The only thing that I find a little frustrating is trying to pick stuff up when there's multiple items in close proximity to one another... it can take a bit of shuffling your character around to finally get him locked on to the one you actually want to pick up. So far I've only noticed a few minor glitches too, which surprised me, considering its size... I'm sure there's more out there waiting to be found though lol.

Overall I'm having a hell of a time with this game, which feels great, as I've been in a gaming slump for a while now. And I dunno what you mean about the intro @Last Lizard, I felt the complete opposite... personally I thought it set the story up very nicely, and it made me feel like I was part of a Tarantino western, which is never a bad thing! :D

Overall I'm having a hell of a time with this game, which feels great, as I've been in a gaming slump for a while now. And I dunno what you mean about the intro @Last Lizard, I felt the complete opposite... personally I thought it set the story up very nicely, and it made me feel like I was part of a Tarantino western, which is never a bad thing! :D

Most of the first few hours consisted of hold X and do exactly what we say. It was agonizing to me and plenty others hated it too lol. I'm glad you enjoyed the setup but most games don't take hours to relay a few simple control setups. - which after a good weekend's worth I find the game is still doing.. it's just now you have the freedom to take breaks between. I think even if they had simply skipped between distances per location early on it would have helped alot. Anyways it's over with thankfully. :smuggrin:

I usually don't bother with glitches and exploits in games either on a first run but this here is a good one and worth doing before they patch it if you want an early surplus of cash. I'm not even using it all up on stuff I only made a few choice upgrades today.

Reactions: C.C. 95
Most of the first few hours consisted of hold X and do exactly what we say. It was agonizing to me and plenty others hated it too lol. I'm glad you enjoyed the setup but most games don't take hours to relay a few simple control setups. - which after a good weekend's worth I find the game is still doing.. it's just now you have the freedom to take breaks between. I think even if they had simply skipped between distances per location early on it would have helped alot. Anyways it's over with thankfully. :smuggrin:

I usually don't bother with glitches and exploits in games either on a first run but this here is a good one and worth doing before they patch it if you want an early surplus of cash. I'm not even using it all up on stuff I only made a few choice upgrades today.

Wait, did it really take that long? The setup honestly only felt about 20 mins to me, as I was so engrossed in the story lol. This is definitely one of those games though... by the time you know it, a whole day has passed!

I saw that money glitch shared on social media yesterday, but I've decided to avoid it... I made the mistake of using similar exploits with games before and it took the fun/challenge out of it IMO.

Red Dead Redemption 2 had the biggest opening weekend for any entertainment product in history (this includes movies - sorry Infinity War), making $725 million in just three days. :OMG:

My steelbook edition arrives on monday, can't wait to play this! Those 18+ shipments always take so long for some reason :(

Red Dead Redemption 2 had the biggest opening weekend for any entertainment product in history (this includes movies - sorry Infinity War), making $725 million in just three days. :OMG:
I guess Spider-Man isn't game of the year after all. :( I mean what's so hot about Red Dead Redemption 2 anyways? To me it doesn't look all that entertaining but I could be wrong.

I've been hooked on it since day one bud, and I've mostly just been roaming around... by the end of it I realised I'd more or less uncovered the entire map lol. I finally started to get stuck into doing a proper run on some missions yesterday though, and they're so much fun! I won't spoil anything, but a particular mission that involves Lenny in a saloon was bloody hilarious. :rofl:

Don't think I've really had any issues with shooting/aiming, but then I have auto-aim on. The only thing that I find a little frustrating is trying to pick stuff up when there's multiple items in close proximity to one another... it can take a bit of shuffling your character around to finally get him locked on to the one you actually want to pick up. So far I've only noticed a few minor glitches too, which surprised me, considering its size... I'm sure there's more out there waiting to be found though lol.

@Noodles I know!!! :woot: That bit with Lenny in the saloon was beyond hilarious! :rofl: :hilarious: Definitely my favorite moment in the game (so far) ;) And I completely agree (hell, so does the wife), the intro felt like something out of The Hateful Eight! :cool: AWESOME! :thumbs:

DAMN! :OMG: That's insane! I just hope with the success of this game, they decide to give us another Undead Nightmare! :woot: :hungry:

Reactions: Noodles
DAMN! :OMG: That's insane! I just hope with the success of this game, they decide to give us another Undead Nightmare! :woot::hungry:
Would love to see that! I reckon their main focus is going to be Online though, like with GTAV -- I'm still disappointed they never delivered on their original plan of doing more solo story content for that game. :(

I guess Spider-Man isn't game of the year after all. :( I mean what's so hot about Red Dead Redemption 2 anyways? To me it doesn't look all that entertaining but I could be wrong.
Am only a few hours in maybe(just hit Chapter 2) and so far it just feels like a second rate, GTA but set 100 years earlier..... its lacking some spark that GTA had me hooked with and I cant place my finger on it. Even GTA IV had better story/characters from what I recall....I'm just skipping everything I can at this point as I dont care. I just want to play and keep hoping/waiting for the fun to start.
Have buddies that are raving about it already.

Much more enjoyed Spidey(just finished the DLC before starting Red Dead if am honest) but I cant see me losing days on this unless am still stuck in that slow start(hopefully).
I really want to love this game as I still dip in and out of GTAV Online and was hoping for more of the same when this getsits online world.
If not, its back to GTAV and Destiny 2 - both of which I lose track of time and nights too and both of which have WAY better gun handling shooting physics/mechanics than this(which is weird to say seeing as GTAV is also Rockstar....meh)

Reactions: Lone Crusader
Am only a few hours in maybe(just hit Chapter 2) and so far it just feels like a second rate, GTA but set 100 years earlier..... its lacking some spark that GTA had me hooked with and I cant place my finger on it. Even GTA IV had better story/characters from what I recall....I'm just skipping everything I can at this point as I dont care. I just want to play and keep hoping/waiting for the fun to start.
Have buddies that are raving about it already.

Much more enjoyed Spidey(just finished the DLC before starting Red Dead if am honest) but I cant see me losing days on this unless am still stuck in that slow start(hopefully).
I really want to love this game as I still dip in and out of GTAV Online and was hoping for more of the same when this getsits online world.
If not, its back to GTAV and Destiny 2 - both of which I lose track of time and nights too and both of which have WAY better gun handling shooting physics/mechanics than this(which is weird to say seeing as GTAV is also Rockstar....meh)
Thanks :) that’s very helpful advise. I think I’m going to hold off on this since I have a lot of games that I haven’t played through yet not to mention my newest game, Assassin’s Creed. Odyssey which is massive and loads of fun to play.