Multi Red Dead Redemption 2 - Ultimate Edition SteelBook

luke98

Premium Supporter
Jun 30, 2014
Alexandria Safe-Zone
Release date: October 26, 2018
Purchase link: GAME UK - Rockstar Warehouse - GameStop.com - EBGames AU - GamesOnly AT
rF6hnMg.jpg

• Thanks
Reactions: AlienKing
"The Red Dead Redemption 2: Ultimate Edition delivers all of the Story Mode content from the Special Edition plus additional bonuses for online including:

Bonus Outfits: Get two exclusive outfits for your online character. The Blackrose Bounty Hunter Outfit features a long oxblood-colored coat, a vest with gold pocket watch chain, and dark pants tucked into chocolate leather boots. The Copperhead Enforcer Outfit features a fur-lined saddle-brown leather waistcoat, two-tone gloves, and pinstripe black pants tucked into black leather boots.

Black Chestnut Thoroughbred: Outrun the competition with this thoroughbred racehorse in a striking black chestnut coat and also receive the exclusive High Plains Cutting Saddle beautifully crafted in jet-black leather with gold metal accents. This horse and saddle are available in online.

Free Access to the Survivor Camp Theme: Customize your own personal Camp in online with free access to the Survivor theme.

Free Access to Additional Weapons: Get access to the Volcanic Pistol, Pump Action Shotgun and Lancaster Varmint Rifle, free of charge from Gunsmiths in online.

Rank Bonuses: As a great start for all Ultimate Edition players, you can rank up faster in online, up to rank 25.

The Red Dead Redemption 2: Ultimate Edition is available for pre-order on the PlayStation Store, the Xbox Store, the Rockstar Warehouse and at other select retailers"

34202973_10156396230125097_4941683980870090752_o.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Not as good as yours @Noodles :(

What did I say in your custom steelbook thread aswell, lazy steelbooks featuring the games logo slapped on them.

For comparison as he might not like to toot his own horn :')

Red_Dead_2_SC.png

Shame
Hmm it's certainly not what I would've chosen for artwork, but I don't dislike it... although it's hard to tell for sure since they haven't exactly show the full thing! I'm curious as to what's on the back, and I like that it also comes with a slip. I think this might be the edition I go for anyway. :)

And thanks a lot for the compliments as always! :thumbs:

I think if you get into it you won't be disappointed :)
I wasnt totally hooked on the first one though even though I was told (by a reliable few sources) its basically a Western version of the GTA game, and up until the last few years(where I really got into games and broadened what I play), GTA and Tony Hawk games were all I really played(along with old NES/Megadrive games from the early nineties)

have a few things to trade into CEX tomorrow so might see if I can get a cheap copy on PS3 and try it again.

would rather get a feel for the first before committing to this one

Hmm it's certainly not what I would've chosen for artwork, but I don't dislike it... although it's hard to tell for sure since they haven't exactly show the full thing! I'm curious as to what's on the back, and I like that it also comes with a slip. I think this might be the edition I go for anyway. :)

And thanks a lot for the compliments as always! :thumbs:

No problem :)

I guess...I mean if it has a picture on the back then it might not be so bad.

Not as good as yours @Noodles :(

What did I say in your custom steelbook thread aswell, lazy steelbooks featuring the games logo slapped on them.

For comparison as he might not like to toot his own horn :')

Red_Dead_2_SC.png

Shame

Seriously, what is up with lazy Game studios making boring steelbooks and fans like this making epic looking steelbooks?

When will game studios understand that collectors hate that wall paper monotonous design with a company logo slapped on it. That is not a creative design for a steelbook and should never be used on any steelbooks...

Game studios need to realize that steelbooks are intended for Amazing appealing art that will look good to a majority of the fans eyes.. I would assume the steelbook community would all say the same and does not want some lazy a** wallpaper pattern steelbook with a logo on it versus this fan made steelbook that looks amazing.

Companies please, take notice on fan made steelbooks because they do much better then your design teams and Rockstar should fire the disigner that made this awful looking steelbook...

Steelbooks should display nice art because the metal casing shows art very vibrantly as well as detailed and to just put a stupid wallpaper with company logo on your strelbook design is a slap in the face to collectors!

Santa Monica Studios did the same thing with the God of War steelbook... It SUCKS!!!!!

Gaming companies please fire all your steelbook designers and either hire fans to make the steelbook art or hire Bluefans to make it because once again Rockstar like most gaming companies these days fail to understand what steelbook collectors want in the final design..

Who at Rockstsr thought it was a good idea to put a crappy monotonous design on the steelbook instead of art from the game on the cover?

The markering posters will look great as a steelbook, but once again another studio with a LAME steelbook design...

Also, Rockstar has no Phone number to voice our concerns about the design being horrible... Its an automated voice that tells you to go to there website like most crappy companies do that dont have a real customer support number!

All studios need to do to get good steelbooks out there is allow the customers to have a say by either having a contest where fans send in there designs and then its voted on by the public like Americas Got Talent as well as do a survey on Rockstar.com where customers can vote on what they like to see in a steelbook..

A: LAZY Wallpaper monotonous with logo steelbook

B: Fan made steelbook like one above

C: Detailed scence from the game with nice scenery in the background of the landscape as well the main character on the cover..

All Steelbook Gaming design teams should be fired because they are whack at their job and lack in any real creativity!

Im still getting over the horrible God of War steelbook design with Santa Monica studios trying to do the same dumb elegant look as this Red Dead steelbook with a lame pattern and insinga on it.

The God of War regular plastic case game had a better cover which they shoulve used for the steelbook. Or the marketing poster with Kratos and son fighting a huge troll that was the cover as well in some regions for the regular plastic case.. Then the steelbook they put a lame pattern on it with no Art work on it in a great boring steelbook.. Thanks for ruing the God of War steelbook and Rockstsr looks like they are following the same path with their horrible steelbook design.

Its like the designer rolled out of bed that day, didnt feel like working and just slapped a simple wallpaper with logo on it and called it a day.. Rockstar steelbook team, you suck!

I might sound mean, but these companies are making billions from these franchises like GTA and Red Dead so they should ha e the decency to put better efforts into their premium packaging that us as consumers spend our hard earned money with them.

Their Ultimate version of $100 steelbook should get better design efforts when its not offering much more for the extra $40.. How is a wallpaper looking steelbook collectible when it looks like crap?

Who wants to collect a monotonous looking steelbook with the Rockstar logo on it versus a steelbook with gorgeous in game art work and detailed scenery?

Thanks lazy studios for making the worst looking steelbooks... Steelbooks are not meant to have an elegant wallpaper pattern and are meant for the billionth time; Eye popping Art work.... SIMPLICITY DOES NOT WORK WITH STEELBOOK DESIGNS!

Companies truly do not understand collector consumers over the average consumer and the reason why we have crap steelbook designs! Get with the steelbook program Rockstar because you are clueless with your steelbooks like most gaming companies are!!!

6 years to make an Amazing highly anticipated game and 2 seconds to pull that sh*t design steelbook out your a**..

No thought or time went into there steelbook packaging as well as companies can really in many ways step up their collector editions!!!

Companies think because they will just slap the “Limited Edition” or “Collectors Edition” on to a half a**ed lazy packaging we will still buy it.. Well, guess what gaming companies; yes, you will still have people buy it even with a crappy design, but there are others that you will lose as consumers when you show lazy collector editions such as this lame steelbook design and only care about your bottom line profits showing no passion towards the steelbook community and we are the ones buying these collector editions.

Noodles concept art is waaaaaay better!!!
Good Job!

Seriously, what is up with lazy Game studios making boring steelbooks and fans like this making epic looking steelbooks?

When will game studios understand that collectors hate that wall paper monotonous design with a company logo slapped on it. That is not a creative design for a steelbook and should never be used on any steelbooks...

Game studios need to realize that steelbooks are intended for Amazing appealing art that will look good to a majority of the fans eyes.. I would assume the steelbook community would all say the same and does not want some lazy a** wallpaper pattern steelbook with a logo on it versus this fan made steelbook that looks amazing.

Companies please, take notice on fan made steelbooks because they do much better then your design teams and Rockstar should fire the disigner that made this awful looking steelbook...

Steelbooks should display nice art because the metal casing shows art very vibrantly as well as detailed and to just put a stupid wallpaper with company logo on your strelbook design is a slap in the face to collectors!

Santa Monica Studios did the same thing with the God of War steelbook... It SUCKS!!!!!

Gaming companies please fire all your steelbook designers and either hire fans to make the steelbook art or hire Bluefans to make it because once again Rockstar like most gaming companies these days fail to understand what steelbook collectors want in the final design..

Who at Rockstsr thought it was a good idea to put a crappy monotonous design on the steelbook instead of art from the game on the cover?

The markering posters will look great as a steelbook, but once again another studio with a LAME steelbook design...

Also, Rockstar has no Phone number to voice our concerns about the design being horrible... Its an automated voice that tells you to go to there website like most crappy companies do that dont have a real customer support number!

All studios need to do to get good steelbooks out there is allow the customers to have a say by either having a contest where fans send in there designs and then its voted on by the public like Americas Got Talent as well as do a survey on Rockstar.com where customers can vote on what they like to see in a steelbook..

A: LAZY Wallpaper monotonous with logo steelbook

B: Fan made steelbook like one above

C: Detailed scence from the game with nice scenery in the background of the landscape as well the main character on the cover..

All Steelbook Gaming design teams should be fired because they are whack at their job and lack in any real creativity!

Im still getting over the horrible God of War steelbook design with Santa Monica studios trying to do the same dumb elegant look as this Red Dead steelbook with a lame pattern and insinga on it.

The God of War regular plastic case game had a better cover which they shoulve used for the steelbook. Or the marketing poster with Kratos and son fighting a huge troll that was the cover as well in some regions for the regular plastic case.. Then the steelbook they put a lame pattern on it with no Art work on it in a great boring steelbook.. Thanks for ruing the God of War steelbook and Rockstsr looks like they are following the same path with their horrible steelbook design.

Its like the designer rolled out of bed that day, didnt feel like working and just slapped a simple wallpaper with logo on it and called it a day.. Rockstar steelbook team, you suck!

I might sound mean, but these companies are making billions from these franchises like GTA and Red Dead so they should ha e the decency to put better efforts into their premium packaging that us as consumers spend our hard earned money with them.

Their Ultimate version of $100 steelbook should get better design efforts when its not offering much more for the extra $40.. How is a wallpaper looking steelbook collectible when it looks like crap?

Who wants to collect a monotonous looking steelbook with the Rockstar logo on it versus a steelbook with gorgeous in game art work and detailed scenery?

Thanks lazy studios for making the worst looking steelbooks... Steelbooks are not meant to have an elegant wallpaper pattern and are meant for the billionth time; Eye popping Art work.... SIMPLICITY DOES NOT WORK WITH STEELBOOK DESIGNS!

Companies truly do not understand collector consumers over the average consumer and the reason why we have crap steelbook designs! Get with the steelbook program Rockstar because you are clueless with your steelbooks like most gaming companies are!!!

6 years to make an Amazing highly anticipated game and 2 seconds to pull that sh*t design steelbook out your a**..

No thought or time went into there steelbook packaging as well as companies can really in many ways step up their collector editions!!!

Companies think because they will just slap the “Limited Edition” or “Collectors Edition” on to a half a**ed lazy packaging we will still buy it.. Well, guess what gaming companies; yes, you will still have people buy it even with a crappy design, but there are others that you will lose as consumers when you show lazy collector editions such as this lame steelbook design and only care about your bottom line profits showing no passion towards the steelbook community and we are the ones buying these collector editions.

Noodles concept art is waaaaaay better!!!
Good Job!

I always say that Steelbooks whatever they are for should have better artwork then the retail standard box art.

Reactions: Alf_1
I always say that Steelbooks whatever they are for should have better artwork then the retail standard box art.

agreed, but because studios print so much more of the amarays (esp in USA) this is why we see the traditional poster art they spent so much money marketing on the theatrical run ending up on that. So then they pitch that we love alternative art and its then hit and miss sometimes.

course not talking video games here ... but you get the picture.

Cant wait for RDR!!!! love western movies and games come very rarely

Reactions: Robsonmonkey
agreed, but because studios print so much more of the amarays (esp in USA) this is why we see the traditional poster art they spent so much money marketing on the theatrical run ending up on that. So then they pitch that we love alternative art and its then hit and miss sometimes.

course not talking video games here ... but you get the picture.

Cant wait for RDR!!!! love western movies and games come very rarely

I agree however it's worse when you see them do something like an art book or litho in the Collector's Edition which features art that could have been on the steelbook. Take God of War for example that came out recently, on the retail box art you have...

God-of-War-pxngame.jpg

Yet the Art of God of War book featured this on the cover...

9781506705743.jpg

I just don't get it

However just to mention that art book we got with the CE was SUPPOSED to have that cover above however what happened they changed it at the last minute and didn't tell people or show it on the websites where they were selling it. What we got with the miniature Artbook was...

51014168092a5742eea04ce1e1c6a8a480b33012274e694e7387c60ae50395ade6807207.jpg

• Thanks
Reactions: Alf_1
I think it can look pretty cool. Depends the final result, but if the result is like Assassin's creed Syndicate, I'm in

image-jpeg.195572

oooo am a sucker for a steelbook... might have to re-try the first game. Gave up a tad quick

The entire map of the original will be roamable in RDR2 and it's a prequel. If anything maybe try Undead Nightmare so you don't get burnt out if you decide to try the sequel. Undead Nightmare gives you a good taste of the atmosphere of the whole game.. it's just a whackier story and whackier enemies!