Red Sparrow (Possible Blu-ray SteelBook) (Black Barons Collection #21) [Czech Republic]

Would you be interested in a WEA Steelbook edition(s)?

• Total voters

Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
Release date: TBA
Purchase link: TBA
Price: TBA
Note: from Black Barons: On condition the artwork has been approved, here is additional information: glossy varnish, front side embossed, double tray on right inside for two discs BD + Optional UHD, print run 2K.

mShEORD.jpg

39393052_2169715639931638_537905900334088192_o.jpg

Message from Jan at FilmArena:

Hello Guys,

sorry to interrupt you with The Black Barons topic on Sunday, but I think you might be interested about it.

The guys are finishing BB#17 PREDATOR premium edition and they came up with an idea of releasing their first WEA SteelBook editions.

We have had several phone calls on this weekend and they would love to create WEA SteelBook for RED SPARROW.
Do you think it is a good pick for WEA start?
Thank you for your comments.
Best Regards,
Jan

Last edited by a moderator:
Tommyh dropping the mike! Stiffler with a chance to come back strong.

Someone say something nice about the WEA :giggle:

A very promising first WEA steel for BB! Looking forward to seeing how this looks in the flesh.

One slight criticism... I would've preferred a darker shade of red.

Reactions: jonnybobbytimmy
A very promising first WEA steel for BB! Looking forward to seeing how this looks in the flesh.

One slight criticism... I would've preferred a darker shade of red.

And I'm not sure it needs any embossing, I can probably get on board with just the title and while I'm not entirely sure what the relationship is between FA and BB going on FA's WEA steels they go mental with the embossing so I'm envisioning something like JLaws entire head embossed or something (n)

Since when does Black Barons do WEA steelbooks? Isn't the whole point of BB all WWA steelbooks with WEA Full Slips with low print runs and cheaper than FAC releases? Since #1 The Terminator that has been the case and every release has had I think 500 copies except for The Terminator 750 copies and The Wolverine 400 copies. They have all been WWA sreelbooks with WEA Full Slips. So why does this have a WEA steelbook with 2,000 copies? Just release it under FAC, I'm probably missing something because I don't understand the point of BB with this release..
I actually like the WEA steelbook despite them using the same front image that has been on every other slip for this film, studio must not have alot of art choices that can get approved. I like the all red steelbook.

Last edited:
Since when does Black Barons do WEA steelbooks? Isn't the whole point of BB all WWA steelbooks with WEA Full Slips with low print runs and cheaper than FAC releases? Since #1 The Terminator that has been the case and every release has had I think 500 copies except for The Terminator 750 copies and The Wolverine 400 copies. So why does this have a WEA steelbook with 2,000 copies? Just release it under FAC, I'm probably missing something because I don't understand the point of BB with this release..
I actually like the WEA steelbook despite them using the same front image that has been on every other slip for this film, studio must not have alot of art choices that can get approved.

I imagine the relationship between BB and FA is similar to that Weet had with Kimchi, a smaller company with not enough captial to go it alone so use a bigger company to sell their product.

Reactions: Jaxxx
I imagine the relationship between BB and FA is similar to that Weet had with Kimchi, a smaller company with not enough captial to go it alone so use a bigger company to sell their product.
In my mind Blufans Exclusives and Blufans OAB was similar to Filmarena FAC and Filmarena Black Barons. My mistake. I just assumed Black Barons was Filmarena's way of their company copying Blufans model of OAB like Nova Choice, KimchiDVD Collection, HDzeta Silver Series, and so on.

In my mind Blufans Exclusives and Blufans OAB was similar to Filmarena FAC and Filmarena Black Barons. My mistake. I just assumed Black Barons was Filmarena's way of their company copying Blufans model of OAB like Nova Choice, KimchiDVD Collection, HDzeta Silver Series, and so on.
the majority of the FACs are WWA, only about 20-30% are WEA

the majority of the FACs are WWA, only about 20-30% are WEA
I know I own probably 90% of them but there are no Black Barons that are WEA's. BB's are all WWA steels with WEA Full Slips with limited print runs very very similar to what Blufans does with their OAB's expect they do Lenticular's sometimes, however when they started long ago they only did Full Slips for the first 15-20 releases.
So I never really got an answer, I thought that Black Barons was just another extension of Filmarena they same way OAB's are to Blufans. Tommy H was implying that Black Barons was more like WEET and Kimchi or like what Plain Archive did in the beginning for Novamedia for Drive.

I know I own probably 90% of them but there are no Black Barons that are WEA's. BB's are all WWA steels with WEA Full Slips with limited print runs very very similar to what Blufans does with their OAB's expect they do Lenticular's sometimes, however when they started long ago they only did Full Slips for the first 15-20 releases.
So I never really got an answer, I thought that Black Barons was just another extension of Filmarena they same way OAB's are to Blufans. Tommy H was implying that Black Barons was more like WEET and Kimchi or like what Plain Archive did in the beginning for Novamedia for Drive.
I believe your question was "since when..." well I believe the answer is since now.

• Thanks
Reactions: DMD4k

Yeah going by FA's write up on Black Barons it seems like they're a much smaller outfit who just use FA to shift their product

Dear collectors,

together with our Slovak colleagues - collectors and designers - we've just launched the Czechoslovak project called BLACK BARONS.

This is a project similar to the FAC, the Slovak team will work independently on collectible editions for the titles they choose and will be approved.

Ivan and Bedo are collectors and big film fans, they own large movie collections, in which you can find all FAC editions as well as other premium copies from Blufans, HDZ, NVM, PA, Mondo etc. These guys contacted us themselves, as well as travelled to our regular meetings showing how they can enrich local and international collectors. We found these signs as the main positive indicators that they are ready to work hard and to get better. Launching the project we have been preparing for the last few months. We considered offering these BB Slovak edition primarily to holders of FAC still collectible numbers or choose an independent line of selling, and according to all the polls and chats, not only between Maniacs, you were showing great interest, which pleased not only us but also our Slovak friends.

The existing test cooperation hinted that we can perfectly complement each other. It should be another positive element of our cooperation. Guys want to add new value. This does not mean that they will do again all the titles released in FAC. Our main common goal is to bring to collectors values, which they have not yet received, and with titles, to which they have not received. They will work with catalog titles and new titles.

Yeah going by FA's write up on Black Barons it seems like they're a much smaller outfit who just use FA to shift their product
Thanks! that makes a bit more sense. So Black Barons is not like what OAB and Nova Choice are to Blufans and Novamedia. So it's a completely seperate manufacture between FAC and Black Barons where Blufans and Novamedia it is not. I find it interesting there going to do a 2K WEA steelbook run, I like it. All the FAC WEA print runs are big, to big IMO alot of the time.

• Thanks
Reactions: tommyh84
Dear collectors,

we kindly inform you that after the first round of approval we have updated the visual of Outside Exclusive SteelBook Concept RED SPARROW upon the request of studio, talents and producers.

Kindly check below the updated beauty shot.

Best Regards,
Team Black Barons
mShEORD.jpg