Contributor
Premium Supporter
Aug 30, 2010
Shoreham By Sea, UK

Attachments

• Red-State-Steelbook.jpg
    Red-State-Steelbook.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 288
This movie was awesome. never heard of it before. It was on Netflix listed as a horror. Kevin Smith directing and John Goodman starring, how bad could it be. It is definately not horror, well then again because there is an actual cult out there that does this sort of thing, I guess it is kind of horrific. I wish I could get it, But German releases are so expensive to get to the states. So I guess I will have to wait for an Ebayer to put one up.

Kevin Smith

Great movie, Im a huge Kevin Smith fan and deff. have to get this....

I used to be a huge fan of his earlier movies like Clerks, Chasing Amy and Dogma, but his recent outputs like Jersey Girl, Cop Out and zack and Miri didn't really do it for me. "Red State" sounds weird but interesting and as a steelbook its a 100% lock :scat:

I used to be a huge fan of his earlier movies like Clerks, Chasing Amy and Dogma, but his recent outputs like Jersey Girl, Cop Out and zack and Miri didn't really do it for me. "Red State" sounds weird but interesting and as a steelbook its a 100% lock :scat:

Yeah, i know what you mean, jersey girl was 'meh', but i did like Zack & Miri and my other half loves that movie.
Redstate is such a departure from even his newer, more commercial movies. It is a good film, and its worth a watch, but be warned its not as formulaic as you might think.

I'm surprised by the number of people who enjoyed this movie. I have to say that this was one of the 5 worst movies that I have ever seen. The acting was awful, the plot was embarrassingly bad, and there was absolutely no ending. I absolutely hated this movie. For those on the fence, I would highly recommend a rental or preview on netflix before buying.

Yeah, i know what you mean, jersey girl was 'meh', but i did like Zack & Miri and my other half loves that movie.
Redstate is such a departure from even his newer, more commercial movies. It is a good film, and its worth a watch, but be warned its not as formulaic as you might think.

I don't expect it to be formulaic at all. I read all about it and heard about Kevin's falling out with Harvey Weinstein about it in Sundance. I think Kevin is actually making a huge mistake with all this "me against the media and the business" rants. He should really go back to writing some good scripts and doing his hilarious "Evening with" gigs and should stay away from things he is just not so good at.

I got the Clerks BluRay as one of my first BD even though I already had the 3DVD edition and it makes to difference at all visually and I will also get Red State, especially as a German Steelbook, but blindly buying everything he has ever done, I don't think so (anymore).

Kevin smith did not write cop out

I don't think anybody "wrote" it to be honest . It seemed like a collecton of old jokes, stolen "ideas" and really really bad acting and complete lack of interest on Bruce Willis' part.

Kevin directed it though and he must be somewhat responsible for that mess, don't you agree?

Kevin smith did not write cop out

Have seen this yet but might check it out too and if it does it for me will bag this for sure :)

I don't think anybody "wrote" it to be honest . It seemed like a collecton of old jokes, stolen "ideas" and really really bad acting and complete lack of interest on Bruce Willis' part.

Kevin directed it though and he must be somewhat responsible for that mess, don't you agree?

I blame it on the studio and whoever wrote it.