RedFridge's hello thread

RedFridge007

Premium Supporter
Mar 7, 2019
UK
Just started a small steelbook collection and run into this forum, looks like I've missed out on a lot of pretty exciting group buys so far, hopefully will be able to catch some others later!

Is there anywhere with something like a glossary of code words and lingo? I couldn't really find any answers anywhere or a sticky FAQ thread, so for someone still quite new I've run into a few and have no idea what they mean...
What is a WeEt collection, assuming it's some sort of retailer? I've heard blufans tossed around a little too, this is a shop? Forum?
What does it mean for a steelbook when it's a WWA steelbook? Just saw a variation saying WEA too, hope I'm not just missing something obvious!
Sidenote - How come Asia/Korea seem to get all the cool lenticulars and steelbook designs? That's hardly fair!! :p

- RedFridge
Latest purchase: The Red Turtle steelbook - nice simple design for a lovely film.

NB Just found the calendar, that's actually amazing I love it

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles
Just started a small steelbook collection and run into this forum, looks like I've missed out on a lot of pretty exciting group buys so far, hopefully will be able to catch some others later!

Is there anywhere with something like a glossary of code words and lingo? I couldn't really find any answers anywhere or a sticky FAQ thread, so for someone still quite new I've run into a few and have no idea what they mean...
What is a WeEt collection, assuming it's some sort of retailer? I've heard blufans tossed around a little too, this is a shop? Forum?
What does it mean for a steelbook when it's a WWA steelbook? Just saw a variation saying WEA too, hope I'm not just missing something obvious!
Sidenote - How come Asia/Korea seem to get all the cool lenticulars and steelbook designs? That's hardly fair!! :p

- RedFridge
Latest purchase: The Red Turtle steelbook - nice simple design for a lovely film.

NB Just found the calendar, that's actually amazing I love it

Welcome to HDN.

WeEt is a Korean retailer. They have their own webstore and you can also get their releases through our GBs if you fear missing out on pre-order day.

Blufans is a Chinese retailer and their releases can only be purchased via group buys or later on via eBay or someone selling their copy on here.

WWA: worldwide artwork

WEA: worldwide exclusive artwork

If you come across any others or need help around the forum, feel free to PM. :)

Reactions: RedFridge007
@Apollon Thanks for the heads up mate !! I didn't know Blufans merchandise can only be purchased here :wow::wow::wow: i thought they had their website like any other retailer... but that explain why i couldn't find them :confused:
Thanks again :happy:

@Apollon Thanks for the heads up mate !! I didn't know Blufans merchandise can only be purchased here :wow::wow::wow: i thought they had their website like any other retailer... but that explain why i couldn't find them :confused:
Thanks again :happy:

You’re welcome. :)

They do have a website, but their stuff sells out in the blink of an eye... so a group buy is a great alternative.
http://www.blufanatics.com

The only instance they listed an item for sale on that site, is when they sold the Avengers Mondo. Everything else is via GB (for those who don’t live in China). GB is not an alternative option, it’s the main option.

Reactions: poldergal
Be warned even using the group buy is a waste of time I have yet to get one from the group buy I don’t even bother any more especially when you have serious scalpers waiting to rip the arse out of it on eBay

Thought this might be a good place to ask instead of cluttering other threads, is there any other advantage apart from maybe missing the pre-order date to using a group buy on, for example, the Spider-Verse FAC collection? Have bought from them before to the UK and that worked great, so it would just be an ensuring you get a copy, and requesting a collectable number (unless you can already do that on their site too?)

Unless you have a collectible number with FA already then you will probably need to get this title through the GB. It is very likely that it will sell out and not be available for regular purchase through their website. So, you're realistically looking at GB or if it's too soon for you, aftermarket. Those are your two choices really.

Unless you have a collectible number with FA already then you will probably need to get this title through the GB. It is very likely that it will sell out and not be available for regular purchase through their website. So, you're realistically looking at GB or if it's too soon for you, aftermarket. Those are your two choices really.
Oh I see, so a collectable number isn't where you can just pick a number when you order, but something you have to have already through something with FA?
Then something like the 'I want to buy' button on FA which sends you the order email link simply won't be quick enough for an item like this?
I really appreciate the help here btw, this will most likely be my first GB :)

Edit: gonna try rename the thread to something shorter