Region A player

Nov 24, 2010
England
I'm in the UK and was looking to purchase a Region A/Multiregion player. Are there any sites (Non UK as prices are high over here!) you guys could recommend?

Thanks

I think there are not many region-free players out there...

About region A players, lots of US stores doesn't ship outside US, so maybe the best choice is ebay, looking for a trusted seller with thousands of positive feedback.

Remember though that you will have to pay customs and shipping costs ;)

Last edited:
Thanks, I thought Ebay would be my best bet, but I'm not too fond of buying such expensive items from there. Strange that US stores don't ship abroad?, never mind no massive rush in finding one

Yeah, I'd anticipated this. As I said I'm in no great rush. Only reason I wanted one is so I can watch Blu's that I get from Canada that are locked. I buy steelbooks to watch, I don't keep them sealed.....Yet! depends how addicted to collecting I get I suppose! Haha

Yes they do ship to the UK-sometimes there are restrictions to what they will ship (and I am not sure if BD players are part of those products) that will give you the message that it can't be shipped. For instance most major stores in UK won't ship their version of PS3 and other products to certain countries...

Amazon.com will ship to canada only media like movies and music. Electronics and everything else seem to be out of the question. I would assume it be the same for everywhewre else but what do I know.

Try looking in the UK magazine DVDReview. There are normally one or two ads in there for UK companies offering modified machines - Sony, Panasonic, Pioneer etc. They also usually offer a service of modifying your own machine for you - if it is a modifiable model of course.

Another possibility are the Oppo machines that are sold in the UK, Just Google "oppo".

Good luck with your search...

I'm in the UK and was looking to purchase a Region A/Multiregion player. Are there any sites (Non UK as prices are high over here!) you guys could recommend?

Thanks

http://www.movietyme.com :scat:

bought 2 from them and never had customs fees or any kind of problems, they also sell multi region players although there a little more expensive.

Try these guys too as customs ect is included in the price...

http://dvdworldusa.com

:D

p.s the 2 players i got from that site were £160.00 each delivered so not too high a price.

Last edited:
Well I just got all the way to the end on Amazon.com (but didn't complete) on a LG BD630 Network Blu-ray Disc Player. They were using Amazon Export Sales, Inc. I have a US to UK voltage converter, 2pin to 3pin, rated at 45w which should be OK if I need it. It's proper piece of kit; mind do most US BD players actually need converter or are they rated 110v to 240v and it's just the plug that needs changing ?

Finally what is LG BD630 Network Blu-ray Disc Player like as it's only $88 ?

Last edited:
any US players i have had ive used a convertor, i have thought bout just changing the power lead but i think the player itself takes a different power supply. Are you after a player under £100.00 only?

Well I just got all the way to the end on Amazon.com (but didn't complete) on a LG BD630 Network Blu-ray Disc Player. They were using Amazon Export Sales, Inc. I have a US to UK voltage converter, 2pin to 3pin, rated at 45w which should be OK if I need it. It's proper piece of kit; mind do most US BD players actually need converter or are they rated 110v to 240v and it's just the plug that needs changing ?

Finally what is LG BD630 Network Blu-ray Disc Player like as it's only $88 ?

There´s a brief review of the machine here, and it sounds like it should be pretty good. Some players have the ability to accept different voltages, but if you´re not sure, why not just use your voltage convertor?

Reactions: surfury
Theres a cheap insignia that I bought ... its not only region A, but region free with a remote code you type in (9113) Lets you choose the region.

I think it cost me $90 in store. If you are interested in that model and paying shipping of it from USA to UK then I can find out the exact model and price with some more digging.

Hi Wreck, if you could locate a web page that would be great so that I could look at the specs etc. I'm not looking for an all singing, all dancing Blu Player and Multi isn't essential by any means. Thanks again.