Reign of Fire

Reign of Fire as a SteelBook?

• Total voters
LOVE. LOVE THIS MOVIE.
Imagine if this film was released NOW instead of in 2002!?...

You got Christian Bale, Matthew McConaughey, AND Gerard Butler fighting DRAGONS!!!!!

It would be Box Office GOLD!!! Sadly at the time it was released, Nobody really knew who Bale or Butler were. McConaughey was the only big name. And now with Game of Thrones being so huge, Dragons are more popular than ever! Talk about bad timing.

It only made $15 mil opening weekend. $43 mil total domestic. $82 worldwide.
I would guarantee the EXACT same movie if it premiered today would take in twice as much dough... at least!

Wow. I need to go watch this movie now.

Reactions: tridon
LOVE. LOVE THIS MOVIE.
Imagine if this film was released NOW instead of in 2002!?...

You got Christian Bale, Matthew McConaughey, AND Gerard Butler fighting DRAGONS!!!!!

It would be Box Office GOLD!!! Sadly at the time it was released, Nobody really knew who Bale or Butler were. McConaughey was the only big name. And now with Game of Thrones being so huge, Dragons are more popular than ever! Talk about bad timing.

It only made $15 mil opening weekend. $43 mil total domestic. $82 worldwide.
I would guarantee the EXACT same movie if it premiered today would take in twice as much dough... at least!

Wow. I need to go watch this movie now.

I couldn't agree with you more. If this was released today, it'd make a lot more money at the box office.

Instant purchase and never mind the 3 guys it has Isabella Scorupco in too fresh from Goldeneye. AWESOME film!

Sent from my LT15i using Tapatalk 2

I can picture phenomenal artwork for this bad ass movie. Maybe a dragons head emerging from the mist for the front cover. Maybe the castle for the back artwork. The potential artwork for this steelbook could be wonderful. A definite purchase from me. :scat:

The art for this could be fantastic.

Something like this for the front:

reign-of-fire.jpg

And something based on this scene for the inside art:

2002_reign_of_fire_008.jpg

Yep. I'd buy that. :thumbs:

Reactions: SpecialKay
Info & art bump :cat:

REIGN OF FIRE (2002)

Genre:
Post-Apocalyptic Action Fantasy
Studio: Buena Vista / Touchstone
Starring: Christian Bale, Matthew McConaughey, Gerard Butler, Izabella Scorupco
Director: Rob Bowman

Reign_of_Fire_movie.jpg

m00062_lrg_15.png

still-of-matthew-mcconaughey,-christian-bale-and-izabella-scorupco-in-reign-of-fire-(2002).jpg

LOL @ rotten tomatoes score :cautious:

....Reign of Fire is probably the best proper Dragon movie ever made :cool: :thumbs:

A very very poor film. Saw it on TV one night and it starts off well and goes down hill rapidly. Serious amount of flaws in the film and holes in the plot you could drive a tank through. Also serious misrepresentation with the above artwork as it never happens in the film. The budget for the film was clearly very low and sadly it shows.