Requiem for a Dream (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
Release date: March 28th, 2016
Purchase link: Requiem for a Dream - Pre-order Saturday March 12 at 18:00 (UK time)
Price: £15.99
Notes: Limited to 2000 copies

11259503-1654372588544919.JPG

11259503-1254372588564476.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I've seen this movie at least 4 times and I wouldn't mind watching it again. If you want to watch a movie with 0 repeat value, check out Lilya 4-Ever. Get ready to feel like **** after.

Reactions: spass
Good movie and performances, Jared Leto and Jennifer Connelly really shine in this and often some are suprised that Marlon Wyans is in this and even he is good in his role. I have yet to buy this movie but was considering it more recently, of course it moves up in the buying order with a steelbook release.

I see their using the movie poster artwork for this release as well, the same as the UK Amaray release and the Canadian steelbook which followed back in 2011, perhaps the back could have just been a normal image but I understand their matching the front in a way, it could turn out nice.

So same art as the Canadian Steel but ill go for it if it's glossy! Btw the movie is quite simply a masterpiece and ive watched it a number of times and plan on watching it many more!

Last edited:
Reactions: lolwut
It is. Still in stock on both sites.
Great movie and will probably pick it up if the first pics looks good. Never got the CA steel but have the Australian illustrated slipcover series edition.
Am just gonna have to bite on the Korean vesion arent I? Been toying with getting it for months now.

Chances are I'll jump on this Steel too.
Its my absolutely favorite movie (hence the Avatar) - brilliant acting, beautifully shot but not over the top, perfect soundtrack... as flawless as art can get IMO. On par, if not better than the book I'd go so far to say.

That said, its not one I can re-watch often, and when I do I have to detach a bit as its a damn dark subject matter and story. I usually watch it through the eyes of a movie fan ie studying the acting, camera angles/shots etc. Best way to appriciate it IMO too.

anyway, enough rambling :)

Bleak viewing for sure, but what an amazing film, and soundtrack to boot. I already own the Canadian but I'll double dip if this has a nice finish and inner art. For me repeat viewing holds up, I like my stuff dark.

I'll never forget the story my best mate told me on its release. This was his and his now wife's first ever movie they watched together when they started going out, didn't realise what they were getting themselves in for :D

Blue in the morning, purple in the afternoon, orange in the evening :)

Reactions: Obi Wan Dandobi
It's a pretty grim film which I think I've seen twice and don't have a desire to watch again.

Probably worth mentioning that the URL in the initial post actually just redirects to this thread, not the product listing page. ;) :whistle:

People seem to be missing the point-it's not meant to be a nice film-It's 'Trainspotting' minus the humour...a bleak,dark,beautiful film...

Well I am certainly not missing the point, I don't like the film but That doesn't mean it isn't a good film.

I've seen many movies like it and I can respect them but I just don't want to ever see them again if I can help it.

Reactions: Flash
Same artwork as the Amaray and glossy slipcover which looks really good and should look fantastic on a steelbook.
GOT to be a gloss finish for this one - no other option will do !
20160312_085726.jpg 20160312_085805.jpg

Reactions: SteelbookGenius666
Typical. Must have waited at least a year before getting the Canadian version. Less than a month after buying, it finally gets announced.

Will be waiting until the finish is confirmed before even considering this. If it has the same gloss finish this could quite possibly be the superior version. Much prefer the lack of text on the front, especially without the hideous “from the Director of Black Swan” at the bottom. I also prefer the back art to the Canadian version, feels slightly more appropriate, although this is clearly a matter of taste.
Only downside is the Zavvi version won’t have a DVD copy of the film. But hardly a deal breaker.

Reactions: Flash
Will these start getting dispatched this week?
This is the first pre-ordered title I have bought for over ayear now and was just wondering if they still dispatch around Wednesday time?

i've always loved that artwork and i like they matched the lines style on the back

sometimes i think about a parallel world where zavvi puts some effort on their releases and adds slipcases to make cool effects like this

sagmeister_03.jpg

sagmeister.jpg