Requiem for a Dream (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
Release date: March 28th, 2016
Purchase link: Requiem for a Dream - Pre-order Saturday March 12 at 18:00 (UK time)
Price: £15.99
Notes: Limited to 2000 copies

11259503-1654372588544919.JPG

11259503-1254372588564476.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
My money has been taken out, the order status online says dispatched, but no email.

Has anyone had this before, something being dispatched but no email?

I usually get dispatch emails from Zavvi pretty quickly, but I've had the occasional email come in a day or so after it's marked as shipped.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: William
Ordered, after watching Clint Mansell perform music from this and other scores he's composed, at the stunning Symphony Hall in Birmingham yesterday.

Great music, great movie. Been a while since I last watched it.

Mine arrived today and I have to say that I am pleasantly surprised by how good it is.

I was a bit worried that it would not be that good in-hand, but that front cover on the steelbook is great!

Mine arrived today and I have to say that I am pleasantly surprised by how good it is.

I was a bit worried that it would not be that good in-hand, but that front cover on the steelbook is great!

Got a photo?

I'm hoping this isn't full gloss and more spot gloss varnish on the lines like the Canadian release

But my lines :(

Even if it wasn't going to be the same effect as the Canadian edition, I was hoping for something like the circles on the UK MOON Steelbook. We have the technology, but we won't use it.

Easily the best-looking of this week's five steelbook releases (IMO) and so much better without all that print, including the title, on the front as seen on the Amaray slipcover

(Certainly not convinced about the gloss finish, lack of de-bossing etc. on the KILL BILLS and I see even less reason for a an unsuitable gloss finish on YOUNG GUNS but suppose it was done as a contrast to the recent matte TOMBSTONE . . . )

Finally got my copy this week after getting a replacement for the pre-ordered copy that disappeared somewhere in the mail system. Really sharp looking edition. So close to being perfect. If only they'd spot glossed it like the Canadian release--and maybe a debossed title, but now I'm just nitpicking.

Here's some side-by-side shots for those interested:
1.jpg
2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg

Last edited:
Finally got my copy this week after getting a replacement for the pre-ordered copy that disappeared somewhere in the mail system. Really sharp looking edition. So close to being perfect. If only they'd spot glossed like it like the Canadian release--and maybe a debossed title, but now I'm just being picky.

View attachment 239647 View attachment 239648 View attachment 239649 View attachment 239650 View attachment 239651
Not that this title is unattractive, but I'm glad I have the Canadian release. I think the dual image shows up better, I love the spot gloss, and I prefer the spine with the larger title and less studio logos.

All that being said, this release does look very nice.

Nice pictures! You convinced me that I need to add to this my collection, in addition to the Canadian release. Once the price goes down, of course :thumbs:

Same, need to get it when the price drops. I love the gloss but in honesty i wish it had the same finish as the Canadian version

Reactions: DJ IXS
Finally got my copy this week after getting a replacement for the pre-ordered copy that disappeared somewhere in the mail system. Really sharp looking edition. So close to being perfect. If only they'd spot glossed it like the Canadian release--and maybe a debossed title, but now I'm just nitpicking.

View attachment 239647 View attachment 239648 View attachment 239649 View attachment 239650 View attachment 239651
Since we were discussing these steelbooks via PM not so long ago, take a look at @misformatt's comparison photos. :thumbs: