Multi Resident Evil 2 (Remake) (2019)

bloodsnake007

Ltd. Ed./Birthdays/Video Game Mod
Premium Supporter
May 18, 2013
AZ, U.S.A

Resident-Evil-2.jpg

Finally plucked up the courage to give the demo a go, and I was just getting in to it when my time ran out... damn my explorer instincts! Kinda hard to say whether I really enjoyed it or not, since 30 mins of a game this big isn't near enough time to properly judge it. One thing that did frustrate me though, were the amounts of shots it takes to take out a zombie... swear I must have shot some of them at least 20+ times overall, and they just kept getting back up, even after appearing to be dead for a good minute or so. I'll mostly likely pick up the full game once it's on sale anyway, because the demo alone made me feel a little nostalgic, which I don't get much with games nowadays.

In this version the best method of dealing with zombies if you do in fact want to take them out (by design in terms of ammo/encounter rate I think it's clear they don't want the police station cleared out to maintain tension) the best method is to just kneecap them and then go stab happy with a knife to make sure they don't get back up. Knives will eventually break but they last a decent amount of time and you'll find enough of them as you go. The alternative is to stun them with a few shots and simply run past them. You find out the hard way anyways that trying to kill everything in this RE2 isn't really going to work! :D

Reactions: Noodles
In this version the best method of dealing with zombies if you do in fact want to take them out (by design in terms of ammo/encounter rate I think it's clear they don't want the police station cleared out to maintain tension) the best method is to just kneecap them and then go stab happy with a knife to make sure they don't get back up. Knives will eventually break but they last a decent amount of time and you'll find enough of them as you go. The alternative is to stun them with a few shots and simply run past them. You find out the hard way anyways that trying to kill everything in this RE2 isn't really going to work! :D
Thanks for the tips! Will definitely bear all that in mind if I buy the full game. :thumbs:

Reactions: Last Lizard
I hate the new knife system.

It's not really new as a defense item anyways, it's the same as in the original REmake although yeah as far as having to do this a chunk of the time early on especially it can be quite annoying. I spent a long time running out of ammo before I realised how useful knifing was in this game.. I was put off by how quickly they broke as grab-breakers but they last alot longer when slashing.. you can even stun lock some bosses with them.

I've cleared both hardcore runs now myself and finished up Leon's B run as well. Getting into some 4th Survivor mode..which is a giant pain in the ass just like the original version!

It's not really new as a defense item anyways, it's the same as in the original REmake although yeah as far as having to do this a chunk of the time early on especially it can be quite annoying.
yeah, but the RE1 remake has 2 knives ...the unbreakable original knife and the small ones that you can use only once.

yeah, but the RE1 remake has 2 knives ...the unbreakable original knife and the small ones that you can use only once.

I still see it as smoke and mirrors anyways. You get more than enough knives throughout the game to make up for the fact they break.. last run I was left with 4 of them unused in my item box. As long as you strategize a bit you should always have enough. Plus you can unlock an unbreakable knife if you really want it.

Of course I can understand not liking it though from the perspective of.. basically needing to know what's ahead of you in order to make use of all your supplies but I feel that's very much inkeeping with the old RE style anyways.. replaying the games and developing more efficient ways to get around was always part of the fun. It doesn't make those first runs as much fun though. I got pretty annoyed reloading old saves for a while.

You get more than enough knives throughout the game to make up for the fact they break.. last run I was left with 4 of them unused in my item box.
exactly, that's why I dont understand why they decided to use this new system. there is no differences in to have 1 unbreakable knife or 10 breakable knives.

Finished all the DLC modes. I would have preferred either a proper Mercenaries mode or just some actual sidestory content.. the speed run strat style stuff in Ghost Survivors just isn't really my thing. No Way Out was a little different at least.

Finished all the DLC modes. I would have preferred either a proper Mercenaries mode or just some actual sidestory content.. the speed run strat style stuff in Ghost Survivors just isn't really my thing. No Way Out was a little different at least.
same here.
I really thought that the Kendo and mayor's daughter dlc will have a sidestory (at least a 2 hours story). a missed opportunity

same here.
I really thought that the Kendo and mayor's daughter dlc will have a sidestory (at least a 2 hours story). a missed opportunity

Yeah the Kendo story in particular seemed like a really obvious one for this. I don't even understand why they made it some "what if" scenarios anyways.. they could have had each scenario be about how each character ended up in their predicament.. how Ben got caught by the Chief, how the daughter ended up killed by him, what led to Kendo's kid being bitten. The Umbrella troop we know about I guess. I suppose they had to keep the budget on it low but I'm sure they've made bank on this game so yeah..as with most DLC free or not feels like wasted potential.

Recently started playing this myself, haven't played much yet but what I have played looks brilliant.

Reactions: tha_lunatic