Multi Resident Evil 2 (Remake) (2019)

bloodsnake007

Ltd. Ed./Birthdays/Video Game Mod
Premium Supporter
May 18, 2013
AZ, U.S.A

Resident-Evil-2.jpg

I was a indecisive fool. Already had the lenticular edition on order then i cancelled for the steelbook edition. Then i cancelled because i disliked the steelbook. Then i reordered the lenticular! :hilarious:

Unfortunately will now have to wait till Tuesday but at least ill be happy.
5055060987438.gif

played ~35 minutes

things I dont like:
- NO "Resident Evil" voice when pressing the start game button
- the game is very bright, so you have to adjust the brightness to reach the dark vibe of the first gameplay footage. the dark style should be the standard setting.
- the city part at the beginning of the game is short

Loving the look of this, but I'm too scared to play it... I daren't even try the demo. :ohno:

Then again, I said the same about RE7 but eventually picked it up anyway and really enjoyed it... even though it did cost me a few pairs of underwear. :BS: :p

• Haha
Reactions: bloodsnake007
Loving the look of this, but I'm too scared to play it... I daren't even try the demo. :ohno:

Then again, I said the same about RE7 but eventually picked it up anyway and really enjoyed it... even though it did cost me a few pairs of underwear. :BS::p
buy it. you will love it!
played 3h so far and it's fantastic. game of the year.

I dont like what they have done to knife ...RIP Knife it was a good time

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles
buy it. you will love it!
played 3h so far and it's fantastic. game of the year.

I dont like what they have done to knife ...RIP Knife it was a good time
Yeah, I'm almost certain I'll pick it up eventually and probably fall in love with it! Apart from RE7 it's the only Resi game (the original) I've ever played, but that was with a group of friends, so I just watched for the most part lol.

I still need to crack on with Red Dead anyway, plus a few other games... Rise of the Tomb Raider, L.A. Noire, Little Nightmares, Battlefront 2, Fallout 4 (to name a few). :dead:

Yeah, I'm almost certain I'll pick it up eventually and probably fall in love with it! Apart from RE7 it's the only Resi game (the original) I've ever played, but that was with a group of friends, so I just watched for the most part lol.

I still need to crack on with Red Dead anyway, plus a few other games... Rise of the Tomb Raider, L.A. Noire, Little Nightmares, Battlefront 2, Fallout 4 (to name a few). :dead:
I have also a lot of games I still need to play, but RE has top priority since the E3 reveal last year :D Rise of the Tomb Raider is an amazing game (the whole new trilogy is) and it's one of my favorites. I finished Shadow Of The Tomb Raider last week.

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles
played ~35 minutes

things I dont like:
- NO "Resident Evil" voice when pressing the start game button
- the game is very bright, so you have to adjust the brightness to reach the dark vibe of the first gameplay footage. the dark style should be the standard setting.
- the city part at the beginning of the game is short

You do get the cheesy voice.. just not on the initial screen for some reason. It shoulda been there from the start and should also have been even cheesier. I agree the initial run to the station was way too short.. they've refashioned parts though, I'm pretty sure you'll find the gun shop later on for example.

Been playing over the weekend - Hardcore mode and honestly choosing it was a mistake lol. A wide variety of elements I'm not into.. no zombie head stomping, every enemy is a massive sponge (10+ shots to the face and they still get up/3 shotgun blasts to the face still walking around WTF) first boss takes A HUGE AMOUNT of ammo to beat. I had to re-do a whole chunk of the game to get there with enough to beat him. You can run out of ammo in a heartbeat right after stocking up and feeling kitted out like Rambo. No standard unbreakable knife in your first run.. eh they're just finding el cheapo ways to increase the difficulty I think. Mr X, Lickers and Dogs are all a massive pain in the ass..more ANNOYING than terrifying. Not enough ink ribbons in this mode seriously every drop should be a collection of 3.. I went 90 mins without saving!

I'm near an impasse again and feel like I should just quit and start on normal because I wanted the tension but this goes beyond it into frustration. That being said..atmosphere is what I hoped for (old school music swap all the way) and controls and all are generally as I hoped they would be.. not too modern smooth but not all tank either. I do miss the cheesy voices and characters waving their hands about though lol.

A mixed bag that may be more mixed because I chose hardcore but seriously they should have let you choose between autosaving and ink ribbons any difficulty and I woulda been fine and not looking at a second do-over.

You do get the cheesy voice.. just not on the initial screen for some reason. It shoulda been there from the start and should also have been even cheesier. I agree the initial run to the station was way too short.. they've refashioned parts though, I'm pretty sure you'll find the gun shop later on for example.

Been playing over the weekend - Hardcore mode and honestly choosing it was a mistake lol. A wide variety of elements I'm not into.. no zombie head stomping, every enemy is a massive sponge (10+ shots to the face and they still get up/3 shotgun blasts to the face still walking around WTF) first boss takes A HUGE AMOUNT of ammo to beat. I had to re-do a whole chunk of the game to get there with enough to beat him. You can run out of ammo in a heartbeat right after stocking up and feeling kitted out like Rambo. No standard unbreakable knife in your first run.. eh they're just finding el cheapo ways to increase the difficulty I think. Mr X, Lickers and Dogs are all a massive pain in the ass..more ANNOYING than terrifying. Not enough ink ribbons in this mode seriously every drop should be a collection of 3.. I went 90 mins without saving!

I'm near an impasse again and feel like I should just quit and start on normal because I wanted the tension but this goes beyond it into frustration. That being said..atmosphere is what I hoped for (old school music swap all the way) and controls and all are generally as I hoped they would be.. not too modern smooth but not all tank either. I do miss the cheesy voices and characters waving their hands about though lol.

A mixed bag that may be more mixed because I chose hardcore but seriously they should have let you choose between autosaving and ink ribbons any difficulty and I woulda been fine and not looking at a second do-over.
I hear no voice JUST and sound effect as in the demo, hmm

I started on normal mode, but then I thought: I want to enjoy the game, so I quited and started playing on easy (and even on easy mode they need multiple headshots). After I finish both 1st runs on easy, I will play on normal mode ...at the moment I even plan to get the platin trophy.

Last edited:
played for 10 minutes, then sold on ebay... guess im too old for this ****... it was way stressful, those zombie attack animations were super annoying...

Hmm that's weird. Maybe it's tied to the original music/sfx DLC swap? It's definitely there on my game.
it seems so. googled a litte bit and few people mention also that it's because of the original music DLC. it's a damn shame ...they could a least add the voice in the standard edition, too.

played for 10 minutes, then sold on ebay... guess im too old for this ****... it was way stressful, those zombie attack animations were super annoying...

there is no expiration date for games. it's like you would say you are too old to watch movies or tv shows
I play games since 1992 ...today I'm 32 (I turn 33 soon) and enjoy games as I did as a kid/teenager.

the zombies are the highlight in the game. best zombies in a video game!!!

it seems so. googled a litte bit and few people mention also that it's because of the original music DLC. it's a damn shame ...they could a least add the voice in the standard edition, too.

there is no expiration date for games. it's like you would say you are too old to watch movies or tv shows
I play games since 1992 ...today I'm 32 (I turn 33 soon) and enjoy games as I did as a kid/teenager.

the zombies are the highlight in the game. best zombies in a video game!!!

i still play video games occasionally like the souls series, snes or indie games, etc... but i just couldnt get into this one... idk why exactly, the original resident evil 2 is in my top 3 video games of all time, and this one looks good as well... idk, maybe i grew tired of this type of games..

The music/sfx swap should have been an option without having to pay for it anyways. They're just milking the fans because they know they can and people want it. :angry:

Finally plucked up the courage to give the demo a go, and I was just getting in to it when my time ran out... damn my explorer instincts! Kinda hard to say whether I really enjoyed it or not, since 30 mins of a game this big isn't near enough time to properly judge it. One thing that did frustrate me though, were the amounts of shots it takes to take out a zombie... swear I must have shot some of them at least 20+ times overall, and they just kept getting back up, even after appearing to be dead for a good minute or so. I'll mostly likely pick up the full game once it's on sale anyway, because the demo alone made me feel a little nostalgic, which I don't get much with games nowadays.