Resident Evil 5 Megathread - Alternative Edition as boxed or DLC?

Jan 29, 2009
Resident Evil 5, known in Japan as Biohazard 5 (バイオハザード5, Baiohazādo Faibu?), is the forthcoming installment in the Resident Evil survival horror video game series, which is set to debut for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360.[3] It will be developed and published by Capcom. Capcom officially announced Resident Evil 5 on July 20, 2005,[4] and is scheduled for release on March 5, 2009 in Japan, and March 13, 2009 in North America and Europe.

621.x600.timein.res_evil.open.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Demo comes out the same day as KZ2 (Feb 5th) so it will be a very busy day for me. I just pre-ordered the game last night so I'm ready. Ive played every other RE since it was released on PS1 why not play this one.:D

Jun Takeuchi, the game's producer, said that Resident Evil 5 will feature similar gameplay to Resident Evil 4. The player will control Chris Redfield similarly to how the player controlled Leon S. Kennedy in Resident Evil 4.[7] Much like its predecessor, this game will have the same over the shoulder view.[8] The game's environment will also play a significant role.[7] The game implements various lighting effects. If Redfield moves between bright and dark areas his eyes will have to adjust, causing the player to briefly lose some sight.[7] The Mercenaries minigame, which was featured in both Resident Evil 3 and Resident Evil 4, will make a return in Resident Evil 5.[9]

The game will also feature new types of enemies. The extended E3 2007 trailer revealed several sequences involving Redfield attacking hordes of fleet-footed enemies,[10] who possessed melee weapons.[11] Takeuchi has also stated the game's enemies will also possess human-like intelligence and awareness. Furthermore, he stated they will be different from the previous ganados.[7] Takeuchi said that they have "greatly increased the number of weapon variations" compared to the previous games in the series, while the requisite handguns and shotguns also return.[12]

In an interview with XBOX360ISM, Keiji Inafune stated that the game will feature some online elements.[13] Resident Evil 5's main story mode can be played with two players, in a co-operative online mode. The feature will allow players to enter or leave anytime during the game. Players will not always stick together, and can be separated at points during the gameplay.[9]

Trailers at Tokyo Game Show 2008, revealed an "offline co-op mode." This mode delivers the same co-op experience as offered by the online co-op mode, only with two local players controlling the action in split screen

Last edited:
As if we didn’t have enough to do this weekend already, Capcom has put together a rather unique way to release new information on Resident Evil 5. The game’s official site has tucked away videos, screenshots and developer interviews deep in its core. The only way to unlock them all is to help the site reach 100,000 page views. Currently it hasn’t broken 6,000 views. Get to it gang!

Great news for a fan like Splax haha

Next month Capcom Resident Evil 5 on the market launch. The fifth part of the series will be both on the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 appear. Until that time, the Xbox 360 with the demo that recently appeared on Xbox Live. PlayStation 3 owners can expect the demo next Thursday on the PSN.

Today we learn installation capacity of Resident Evil 5. This will be 5 GB take your HDD. Bad news for people with a 40 GB PlayStation 3

Well I have played the demo and I must say I really enjoyed it. You are thrown into two different levels with no clue what going on. I just have to get used to the messed up resident evil controls. I am really excited for this game now. I played a match on coop to and it was rather fun. you guys need to check it out.:)

Well I have played the demo and I must say I really enjoyed it. You are thrown into two different levels with no clue what going on. I just have to get used to the messed up resident evil controls. I am really excited for this game now. I played a match on coop to and it was rather fun. you guys need to check it out.:)

Control A is supposed to be like RE4...

I've been a Resident Evil fan since the first game, though I never really played RE4. I suppose if I had I might have known more what to expect, but after playing the demo I think I'm cancelling my reservation. It looks fantastic but completely loses me in the gameplay. I love the feeling of being swarmed by enemies but having such limited ammo just means dying early and often for me. I don't like having more enemies than bullets, I much prefer old school Resident Evil.

Haven't been online to download it. I think I'll wait till later and get this game at a cheaper price. KZ2 and MLB09 the show have taken my money for games at this point. They'll have a lot more playability. This game, after you beat it, what's to do?

I quit because you run out of ammo too quick... it was like dead space which I grew to like, because i could upgrade..

i really enjoyed the demo. not the most hardcore RE fan but i enjoy them. it's really hard though to switch back and forth between RE pace and COD pace.

i think the graphics are really good, but i'd be interested to see the full version because from all the movies i've seen and the two demo levels it doesn't really feel eerie and spooky like past RE have.

graphics are decent, shooting sux but when it hits their bodies its bad ass .... runnnig is stupid , hope u can change.