Oct 3, 2010
Drums, PA
Released: January 24th, 2017
Platforms: PS4, XB1, PC
Purchase:
Amazon US

1.jpg

Here’s the full press release sent out by Capcom:

"At the Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) E3 press conference today, Capcom, a leading worldwide developer and publisher of video games, announced Resident Evil 7 biohazard, the next major entry in the renowned Resident Evil series. Resident Evil 7 sets a new course for the Resident Evil series as it leverages its roots and opens the door to a truly terrifying horror experience. A dramatic new shift for the series to first person view in a photorealistic style powered by Capcom’s new RE Engine, Resident Evil 7 delivers an unprecedented level of immersion that brings the thrilling horror up close and personal. Resident Evil 7 is scheduled for release on PlayStation 4 computer entertainment system (the full gameplay experience will also be available via the included PlayStation VR mode), Xbox One and Windows PC (Steam and Windows 10 store) across North America and Europe on January 24, 2017."

Last edited by a moderator:
Whoa! The "mansion" looks well made and pretty detailed, but I think I'd prefer a statue of a character or something... would look pretty random just having a house sat on your shelf, and I'm not sure how big it is, but I expect it to take up quite a bit of room. Also, what the hell happened with the artwork on the steelbook? It looks as if they forgot to size it to fit the steel properly, because part of the title/text is missing at the bottom... although it looks fine in the reflection. Nice idea with the tape box... if they release that by itself with the game inside (hopefully the steelbook version), then I'd be all over it! :D

• Thanks
Reactions: bloodsnake007
That's loco, the detail on this mansion is pretty damn awesome! :thumbs: Thanks for the video @Noodles! :cool:

Still bummed out the game wont be in 3rd person perspective :meh: Or at least they should allow you the option on the menu! :angry:
Yeah man, the detail looks incredible! And if that slot in the back is for the game case, then it's actually not as big as I expected... I mean it's still a pretty decent size, but I was worried it'd be massive and take up quite a bit of space.

As for the game itself... I actually really like the look of it, but then I've never been in to Resident Evil before, so obviously the sudden change doesn't bother me. If anything it's the new style that's peaked my interest! Whether I'll buy it or not as a different question though... I'm sure by now you know I don't do too well with scary games. :p

• Thanks
Reactions: bloodsnake007
Anyone playing this? I really like how it looks and the mystery behind who the family are etc has me wanting to play the game... but as I'm sure you're all aware by now, I'm a huge wimp who struggled to even complete the demo. :LOL:

I've watched some playthrough videos on YT (just the first 30 mins of the game) which I didn't find too scary, and so it's really tempted me to buy it... obviously it'll be a lot worse actually playing it for/by myself though, so I'm still on the fence. :ohno:

Anyone playing this? I really like how it looks and the mystery behind who the family are etc has me wanting to play the game... but as I'm sure you're all aware by now, I'm a huge wimp who struggled to even complete the demo. :LOL:

I've watched some playthrough videos on YT (just the first 30 mins of the game) which I didn't find too scary, and so it's really tempted me to buy it... obviously it'll be a lot worse actually playing it for/by myself though, so I'm still on the fence. :ohno:

Honestly the game isn't scary at all imo. I've never regarded RE as a scary series and this one does nothing to change my mind, so when it comes to wimping out (unless you're the biggest wuss ever! :smuggrin:) I think you'll be fine. I guess I'm about halfway through and while it pulls a few haunted house tricks, I honestly wish the game was filling the dead air with a few more cheap scares here and there. Like classic RE you can go long stretches without interacting with any enemies at all. The main focus is on the family stalking you in designated areas (I had hoped they'd be more sporadic and random) and even then its pretty easy to outrun them. It can be tense at times of course if you're low on health but I don't think there's anything here that's going to make anyone poop themself! :D

Game got alot of good press but honestly... it feels kinda average to me so far. It knocks on the old formula of the series quite heavily, but most of it seems tacked on for the sake of appearance: stuff like limited inventory space never seems to be an issue and the puzzles are so few that you're never really collecting a bunch of stuff you have no idea what to do with - part of it is scale as well of course. The Baker house is no Spencer Mansion and along with that I feel like the sense of being trapped in a weirdo gothic labrynth is non-existent. Just hoping it gets better really!

For reference, REmake is one of my favorite games of all time (really like 2 and 4 as well!) so if I'm nitpicky it's only because I've wanted a reboot for years and this... isn't really what I had in mind even if I respect their choice more than simply rolling out another slog like RE6 again!

Last edited:
  • Helpful Post
  • Thanks
Reactions: Noodles and denizen
Honestly the game isn't scary at all imo. I've never regarded RE as a scary series and this one does nothing to change my mind, so when it comes to wimping out (unless you're the biggest wuss ever! :smuggrin:) I think you'll be fine. I guess I'm about halfway through and while it pulls a few haunted house tricks, I honestly wish the game was filling the dead air with a few more cheap scares here and there. Like classic RE you can go long stretches without interacting with any enemies at all. The main focus is on the family stalking you in designated areas (I had hoped they'd be more sporadic and random) and even then its pretty easy to outrun them. It can be tense at times of course if you're low on health but I don't think there's anything here that's going to make anyone poop themself! :D

Game got alot of good press but honestly... it feels kinda average to me so far. It knocks on the old formula of the series quite heavily, but most of it seems tacked on for the sake of appearance: stuff like limited inventory space never seems to be an issue and the puzzles are so few that you're never really collecting a bunch of stuff you have no idea what to do with - part of it is scale as well of course. The Baker house is no Spencer Mansion and along with that I feel like the sense of being trapped in a weirdo gothic labrynth is non-existent. Just hoping it gets better really!

For reference, REmake is one of my favorite games of all time (really like 2 and 4 as well!) so if I'm nitpicky it's only because I've wanted a reboot for years and this... isn't really what I had in mind even if I respect their choice more than simply rolling out another slog like RE6 again!
I am the biggest wuss ever. :p

I've only ever played one Resi (can't quite remember which one as I've lost track with them all), and even then I only played it when I had friends over to comfort me lol, so it took me a while to complete... I found it terrifying! :ohno:

Most of the complaints I've heard about RE7 come from fans of the series who don't really like how different this new entry is, which I can understand. Thankfully I'm not one of those fans and have no real connection to what came before it, so I'm all for something new!

Thanks for sharing your thoughts anyway mate... I think I'm definitely going to pick it up at some point, but maybe once it's in the sale. :)

I am the biggest wuss ever. :p

I've only ever played one Resi (can't quite remember which one as I've lost track with them all), and even then I only played it when I had friends over to comfort me lol, so it took me a while to complete... I found it terrifying! :ohno:

Most of the complaints I've heard about RE7 come from fans of the series who don't really like how different this new entry is, which I can understand. Thankfully I'm not one of those fans and have no real connection to what came before it, so I'm all for something new!

Thanks for sharing your thoughts anyway mate... I think I'm definitely going to pick it up at some point, but maybe once it's in the sale. :)

lol yeah perhaps this one will freak you out a little more in that case. Certainly the limited perspective coupled with some creaks and bumps throughout the house at random times has got me now and again. Then there's... Granny. :wtf::LOL:

I don't have too much of a problem with the new enemies, as I said in my last post I've been wanting to see RE receive a facelift for a few years now - feel they've been too hung up on boring characters to ever try anything new. Enemy variety on the other hand is a sticking point for me. So far there's only been a couple outside of the family members and well you know how it is the more exposed you are to something the less it'll start to worry you as a threat. Feel like the writing could have been better here too... plays on TCM/The Hills Have Eyes/The Evil Dead etc way too much to feel quite like its own beast. Still I'm not done yet so maybe the last act will offer up a good remix of the old formula. :watch:

lol yeah perhaps this one will freak you out a little more in that case. Certainly the limited perspective coupled with some creaks and bumps throughout the house at random times has got me now and again. Then there's... Granny. :wtf::LOL:

I don't have too much of a problem with the new enemies, as I said in my last post I've been wanting to see RE receive a facelift for a few years now - feel they've been too hung up on boring characters to ever try anything new. Enemy variety on the other hand is a sticking point for me. So far there's only been a couple outside of the family members and well you know how it is the more exposed you are to something the less it'll start to worry you as a threat. Feel like the writing could have been better here too... plays on TCM/The Hills Have Eyes/The Evil Dead etc way too much to feel quite like its own beast. Still I'm not done yet so maybe the last act will offer up a good remix of the old formula. :watch:
Well, I came across the game for a decent price recently so decided to just go for it... I've played on it for a couple hours now and so far I've not died from a heart attack. There's definitely been a few moments where I've jumped out of my skin though... some of those being caused by my own bloody shadow. :LOL:

Surprised to say that I'm actually enjoying it anyway. Not much makes sense to me at the moment as I haven't progressed much... mostly because I literally take one step at a time and it takes me a while just to pluck up the courage to go through a door. I've come across Granny a few times and she hasn't exactly done anything scary yet... but now you have me worried! :ohno:

I've never seen any of those films you mentioned, so I obviously won't spot any similarities in the game and may even enjoy it more for that reason. Have you completed it yet by the way? I'd be interested to know your overall thoughts if so... without spoilers, of course. ;)

@Noodles

I haven't finished RE7 as of yet. Must admit it was put on hold when Nioh arrived and has grabbed hold of me much harder than Resident Evil. Actually my aim was to finish up before Nioh came out but seems like it was pushed out almost a week earlier than I anticipated so I left off in the brother's 'funhouse' type area. I'll get back to it soon I'm sure. ;)

And see I told you it wouldn't cause a heart attack! :smuggrin: At least not yet. :naughty::p

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles