Oct 3, 2010
Drums, PA
Released: January 24th, 2017
Platforms: PS4, XB1, PC
Purchase:
Amazon US

1.jpg

Here’s the full press release sent out by Capcom:

"At the Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) E3 press conference today, Capcom, a leading worldwide developer and publisher of video games, announced Resident Evil 7 biohazard, the next major entry in the renowned Resident Evil series. Resident Evil 7 sets a new course for the Resident Evil series as it leverages its roots and opens the door to a truly terrifying horror experience. A dramatic new shift for the series to first person view in a photorealistic style powered by Capcom’s new RE Engine, Resident Evil 7 delivers an unprecedented level of immersion that brings the thrilling horror up close and personal. Resident Evil 7 is scheduled for release on PlayStation 4 computer entertainment system (the full gameplay experience will also be available via the included PlayStation VR mode), Xbox One and Windows PC (Steam and Windows 10 store) across North America and Europe on January 24, 2017."

Last edited by a moderator:
*E3 2016 - UPDATE*

Here’s the full press release sent out by Capcom:

"At the Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) E3 press conference today, Capcom, a leading worldwide developer and publisher of video games, announced Resident Evil 7 biohazard, the next major entry in the renowned Resident Evil series. Resident Evil 7 sets a new course for the Resident Evil series as it leverages its roots and opens the door to a truly terrifying horror experience. A dramatic new shift for the series to first person view in a photorealistic style powered by Capcom’s new RE Engine, Resident Evil 7 delivers an unprecedented level of immersion that brings the thrilling horror up close and personal. Resident Evil 7 is scheduled for release on PlayStation 4 computer entertainment system (the full gameplay experience will also be available via the included PlayStation VR mode), Xbox One and Windows PC (Steam and Windows 10 store) across North America and Europe on January 24, 2017."

Haha my thoughts exactly! P.T. was scary enough, so this will no doubt be terrifying in VR. :ohno:

I probably won't be picking it up because I actually like to be able to sleep at night lol. But the game looks very promising! :thumbs:

• Thanks
Reactions: tridon

Watch the horrifying first 20 minutes of the Resident Evil 7 Biohazard demo from E3 2016.

Gonna be honest... the Resi games have never really interested me that much, but this one looks very cool to me. Just wish I wasn't a big girl's blouse when it comes to horror. :p

• Thanks
Reactions: bloodsnake007
  • Thanks
Reactions: tridon
Played the demo for a few minutes and it's definitely creepy... though it doesn't feel like Resident Evil. No familiar characters, all first-person... kinda feels more like a first-person Silent Hill. It's kinda weird.

Thought the demo was ass... not the good kind. :rofl: Decent atmosphere but straight up boring and about as far removed from Resident Evil as I can imagine. You could argue of course it's all in the perspective shift and under closer examination you are doing old school RE item gathering and shuffling from room to room. After 5 and 6 I've given up hope for the series I guess, but secretly still hope somehow the actual game is still third person camera and delivers more in the way of the action the oldies were known for.

Source: DualShockers.com
Resident Evil VII: Biohazard‘s developers have set out to revolutionize the franchise, and they certainly are doing a great job with the game’s graphics. During a panel at CEDEC 2016, the team showcased how those visuals have been achieved, thanks to photogrammetry.

Photogrammetry is the use of very dense photographic data to create the assets for a game, from the 3D model to the textures and even the normal maps. At the bottom of the post you can see the metric ton of images that the developers shared during the presentation.

Initially, the team had to overcome four challenges. This Resident Evil was the first native to PS4, the first FPS, the first compatible with virtual reality, and the first using physically based rendering.

In order to overcome those challenges, they looked into photogrammetry starting their experiments simply by using a bunch of iPhone cameras. Encouraged by the results, they purchased 140 DSLR cameras to create two arrays, one with 100 cameras for full body scanning, and one with 40 for facial scanning.

In the video below, you can check see the result of this technique on a character.