Resident Evil: Apocalypse (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

snooloui

The 'Negative' Ninja
Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: April 11th, 2016
Purchase link: Resident Evil: Apocalypse (live)
Price: £12.99
Notes: Limited to 2,000 copies.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited:
Pretty happy about this getting a Zavvi release, the US artwork for this was the weakest of all the resident evil steelbooks by far plus my US copy had a bunch of dents in the back. Ordered :)

Seems to be quite a few Milla Jovovich steels being released lately... Fifth Element, Ultraviolet, and now these. Not that I'm complaining or anything. :D
Thanks for mentioning that, picked up Ultraviolet too :D

Last edited:
preordered Apocalypse and Retribution with the 10% discount code but i really hope they'll soon announce steelbooks for the other Resident Evil movies too otherwise i might cancel

preordered Apocalypse and Retribution with the 10% discount code but i really hope they'll soon announce steelbooks for the other Resident Evil movies too otherwise i might cancel
The rights for Resident Evil (as in the first film in the series) are owned by Pathé in the UK but for all other films the others films the rights are owned by Sony.
Unfortunately this reduces the chances of the whole series being re-released here a fair bit. :(

Reactions: Vaako
Guess this got released early as mine got dispatched this morning.

Yeah dispatched here too, Zavvi tend to send pre-orders more earlier than they used to, the release date is next week, so their making sure we get it before next Monday, in advance of the release date. This release is a day sooner than the last 3 steelbooks I received from Zavvi, the others had a dispatch message on Wednesday and arrived the next day. So expect to see it in the next few days or this week for us in the UK.

• Informative
Reactions: MrBMT
Just got this one

Attachments

• 1460013195540-1932600046.jpg
    1460013195540-1932600046.jpg
    377.9 KB · Views: 169
  • 1460013228707360804419.jpg
    1460013228707360804419.jpg
    521.1 KB · Views: 172
Nice clean artwork... will definitely be picking these up once they're under £10 each.

Thanks for the in hand photos! :thumbs:

Reactions: XCII
Still waiting on mine and the website is now showing the release date as 25th April! This, combined with the Dr Who Spearhead from Space delays, and another ordered bluray that hasn't been posted over a week after release (and is now not even listed on their site!) Has made me remember why I hate buying from Zavvi.

Still waiting on mine and the website is now showing the release date as 25th April!
Well that's... weird. Maybe they only got part of the print run in time for their initial release date and are still waiting on the rest or something. :confused:
If it was any other retailer I'd say contact support... but you've probably got a greater chance of winning the lottery than getting good customer service/a straight answer from them.

Last edited:
Well that's... weird. Maybe they only got part of the print run in time for their initial release date and are still waiting on the rest or something. :confused:
If it was any other retailer I'd say contact support... but you've probably got a greater chance of winning the lottery than getting good customer service/a straight answer from them.
Yeah. I decided to contact them yesterday as the site says in stock but they still haven't posted it, but I know it will be the general sort of response I get.

I quite like the front and back, it's just a shame that the spine on this one doesn't match Afterlife and Retribution.

I think I might just track down the first 3 from the US as they match a lot better and get rid of this one (or maybe use the front and back plates from this on the US version if it's not as good). It's not like we'll get a matching first part in the UK as Pathe still hold the rights to it here.

I quite like the front and back, it's just a shame that the spine on this one doesn't match Afterlife and Retribution.

I think I might just track down the first 3 from the US as they match a lot better and get rid of this one (or maybe use the front and back plates from this on the US version if it's not as good). It's not like we'll get a matching first part in the UK as Pathe still hold the rights to it here.
The US Apocalypse Steelbook is absolutely terrible FYI (yes, I have it) - IMO one of the worst steelbooks out there. Not my video, but here's one to show how bad the artwork, finish etc. is on it.

The afterlife steelbook is fine, but the same steelbook was released in the UK (by HMV if I recall correctly) so you may as well buy it locally rather than from the US.
As for original film and extinction they've both only been released in the US so you'd need to get them from eBay or the like.

Last edited:
I already have Afterlife and Retribution which were both HMV exclusives (at least originally), but thanks for the advice.

I had a feeling the finish wasn't very good on the first 3 (US versions), but like I say, I'd swap the front and back plates over. It's the matching spine I'm interested in. To be honest, I'd swap the UK version for the US one of Apocalypse if anyone was interested.