Multi Resident Evil (Remastered)

Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
Capcom has announced that the original Resident Evil is being remastered for a digital release in 2015 on PC, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360 and Xbox One.

RE.jpg

The game will be based on the Gamecube version, will run at 1080p/30fps on PS4 and Xbox One and 720p/30fps on PS3 and Xbox 360. You'll be able to choose between playing the game in its classic 4:3 ratio or in 16:9 widescreen, and have a choice of control styles.

room.jpg

Here's some of the official blurb from Capcom:

"Using the latest resolution enhancement and 3D model technology, game resolutions and textures have been significantly upgraded, including 1080p support on next-gen consoles, resulting in characters and backgrounds coming to life in greater detail than ever seen before in Resident Evil. Not only will the graphics impress but the tense sound effects have been fully remastered with 5.1 surround support for a greater gaming atmosphere. Players are now able to choose not only between experiencing the terror at the classic 4:3 ratio or a stunning 16:9 widescreen mode but also the type of control scheme they play with. The classic control scheme remains for fans of the original play style or there’s an alternative scheme where the character moves directly in the direction of the analogue stick, utilizing the standards of the current generation of gaming. Both the control scheme and the display options can be toggled between at any time during gameplay."

char.png

Capcom has announced that the original Resident Evil is being remastered for a digital release in 2015 on PC, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360 and Xbox One.

The game will be based on the Gamecube version, will run at 1080p/30fps on PS4 and Xbox One and 720p/30fps on PS3 and Xbox 360. You'll be able to choose between playing the game in its classic 4:3 ratio or in 16:9 widescreen, and have a choice of control styles.

Here's some of the official blurb from Capcom:

"Using the latest resolution enhancement and 3D model technology, game resolutions and textures have been significantly upgraded, including 1080p support on next-gen consoles, resulting in characters and backgrounds coming to life in greater detail than ever seen before in Resident Evil. Not only will the graphics impress but the tense sound effects have been fully remastered with 5.1 surround support for a greater gaming atmosphere. Players are now able to choose not only between experiencing the terror at the classic 4:3 ratio or a stunning 16:9 widescreen mode but also the type of control scheme they play with. The classic control scheme remains for fans of the original play style or there’s an alternative scheme where the character moves directly in the direction of the analogue stick, utilizing the standards of the current generation of gaming. Both the control scheme and the display options can be toggled between at any time during gameplay."

One of my all time faves

AWESOME News!!!!! :thumbs: :cool: I've never played the GameCube version, always heard great things about it... now I'll be able to experience it!

I hope RE4 gets the same treatment! ;)

Resident Evil - Producer Announcement ESRB

I was always too much of a wimp to play the Resident Evil games, although I did play a lot of Resi 2 with friends back when I was at school. I might actually pick this up once it's out, being as though I never got to experience the original.

Glad to see them remastering something that is actually more than a year old.This should also put pressure on certain people to remake one of their classic games in Hd.I'm looking at you Kojima :squint:.

Last edited:
Reactions: cooey
The beginning of the video brought back a lot of memories. I used to play this game on Sega Saturn when I was like 6 and I would pretend to be Wesker from the intro video lol. I never made it past like the first 10mins of the game though. I hope it has trophies......