Horror-Theatrical Resident Evil: Welcome to Raccoon City - in theaters November 24, 2021

I loved it, and I want 5 more films! And a series!
6 movies and a series, paraphrasing Community slogan.
Love Kaya Scodelario, Hanna John-Kamen, only the guy playing Leon S. Kennedy is bland.
Set in 1998, "My Favorite Game" by The Cardigans and that annoying at the time, but nice to hear now "Crush" by Jennifer Paige (especially how awesomely they used it in a scene), Palm Pilots, pagers and Snake on Nokia, mentions of Planet Hollywood and renting from Blockbuster, all that is really cool for someone, who grew up in the 90's. I'd have found a place to add another nauseatingly everywhere song, ***** by Meredith Brooks! Put it in a sequel, ya hear!

Some scary moments, great cinematography, evil Umbrella soldiers, nice zombies and monsters. The only thing is CGI somehow got worse in 20 years since the first Resident Evil movie with Yovovich (I know how her last name is written, I'm trying to get people to pronounce it right too). Plus used, where it needn't be, like blood and goo dripping from the mouth, rendered backgrounds with actors shot on green screen (although, I suppose, standing near a burning helicopter for hours, that were likely needed to shoot a couple of lines of dialog, isn't feasible either).
Really cheesy ending too, but that's what I expect from such a movie. Still feels really cheap, like a DTV sequel with Olivier Grunner (look it up, teenagers).
So why is it good again, you might ask?
I've said it already - gotta like these actresses, love this genre, this film series, and have been a teen in the 90's. Everyone else - move along, nothing to see here, go rewatch Citizen Kane, or The Avengers, something similarly boring and generic.

Reactions: komor
Love Kaya Scodelario, Hanna John-Kamen, only the guy playing Leon S. Kennedy is bland.
Set in 1998, "My Favorite Game" by The Cardigans and that annoying at the time, but nice to hear now "Crush" by Jennifer Paige (especially how awesomely they used it in a scene), Palm Pilots, pagers and Snake on Nokia, mentions of Planet Hollywood and renting from Blockbuster, all that is really cool for someone, who grew up in the 90's. I'd have found a place to add another nauseatingly everywhere song, ***** by Meredith Brooks! Put it in a sequel, ya hear!

Some scary moments, great cinematography, evil Umbrella soldiers, nice zombies and monsters. The only thing is CGI somehow got worse in 20 years since the first Resident Evil movie with Yovovich (I know how her last name is written, I'm trying to get people to pronounce it right too). Plus used, where it needn't be, like blood and goo dripping from the mouth, rendered backgrounds with actors shot on green screen (although, I suppose, standing near a burning helicopter for hours, that were likely needed to shoot a couple of lines of dialog, isn't feasible either).
Really cheesy ending too, but that's what I expect from such a movie. Still feels really cheap, like a DTV sequel with Olivier Grunner (look it up, teenagers).
I've said it already - gotta like these actresses, love this genre, this film series, and have been a teen in the 90's. Everyone else - move along, nothing to see here, go rewatch Citizen Kane, or The Avengers, something similarly boring and generic.

These scenes in the darkness, where it gets to a fight and you see only the muzzle flash of the guns were real good. It is a little too much the video game as a film, but overall I thought it was good and the music as well.

Reactions: Lenny Nero

I get you love the film, but let's not start bashing other films, or call them generic - specially when we're are talking 'bout RE ...

:naughty:

:thumbs:

These scenes in the darkness, where it gets to a fight and you see only the muzzle flash of the guns were real good. It is a little too much the video game as a film, but overall I thought it was good and the music as well.
Yeah, that kind of copies Equilibrium. I also liked the continuous take from inside the Sheriff's car, made a regular scene seem more interesting, more 'immediate' and exciting.
Plus the all-in-one-place-at-one-time feeling I like, but rarely see or get, when the infected trucker passed Scodelario's Claire on the intersection.
More things like that would make an awesome Resident Evil. Bring some class to the genre in the likes of Michael Mann's style of dogma filming, add more long tracking shots, or POV, by Emmanuel Lubezki or Ed Wild.

I get you love the film, but let's not start bashing other films, or call them generic - specially when we're are talking 'bout RE ...

:naughty:
I did that intentionally, because some people do compare such unrelated films the other way, which is, indeed, stupid, and also because I do think they're generic. The more popular the film is, the less I like it, usually. There are some exceptions, but usually if something is popular = appealed to most people, means it is safe, means it's predictable, therefore boring.

Reactions: Space Cadet
Yeah, that kind of copies Equilibrium.
I get it - the scene with the clericer battle at the beginning, but the clericer shoots as a killer, Redfield is defending himself and shooting the way free. Also the clericer has a clear view even in the darkness and it is his profession to act in it with high precision. The RE fight remembers me more on the fights in the video game: an insane waste of bullets.:D

The RE fight remembers me more on the fights in the video game: an insane waste of bullets.:D
Oh yeah, you're right!

shooting machine gun GIF
GIF by Resident Evil: Vendetta

I'm all against 'political correctness' and pandering to the 'woke' crowd that studios do, going with the 'current party message' bordering on tyrrany, with shaming and communist censorship of everyone who speaks out against, and think it's time, and would go to support, a rally for "White Lives Matter" or 'Honkeys against Color Washing', but I don't see a problem here. I think they just hired whoever's prettier... :wacky:
This film like West Side story has bombed big time. I wonder why?

This film like West Side story has bombed big time. I wonder why?

IMO not one reason. When Spielberg started making WSS I thought to myself "this won't sell" and I was right. IMO it has nothing _new_ to offer today's audience - even done well. Same old same old. Musicals are not thing today in the movies. As of RE ... no stars, plot out of games, action out of games - soon on your netflix or whatever, why go movies.

Reactions: Lenny Nero
IMO not one reason. When Spielberg started making WSS I thought to myself "this won't sell" and I was right. IMO it has nothing _new_ to offer today's audience - even done well. Same old same old. Musicals are not thing today in the movies. As of RE ... no stars, plot out of games, action out of games - soon on your netflix or whatever, why go movies.
Musicals died in the late 50's and never recovered....