Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
Released: 11th October, 2016
Purchase: Zavvi | Game

1.jpg

Rise of the Tomb Raider: 20 Year Celebration includes the critically acclaimed Rise of the Tomb Raider, nominated for over 75 “Best Of” awards, in which Lara Croft becomes more than a survivor as she embarks on her first Tomb Raiding expedition to the most treacherous and remote regions of Siberia.

Rise of the Tomb Raider: 20 Year Celebration also includes the new “Blood Ties” single player content, VR support, new Co-Op play for Endurance mode, “Ultimate Survivor” difficulty mode for the main campaign, 20 Year Celebration outfit and gun, and 5 classic Lara skins. Also includes all previously released Downloadable Content including: Baba Yaga: The Temple of the Witch, Endurance Mode, Cold Darkness Awakened, 12 outfits, 7 weapons, and 35 expedition cards. With over 50 hours of gameplay, this is the most comprehensive version of the award-winning experience.

• The Critically Acclaimed Action Adventure – In Rise of the Tomb Raider, Lara uncovers an ancient mystery that places her in the cross-hairs of a ruthless organization known as Trinity. As she races to find the secret before Trinity, the trail leads to a myth about the Lost City of Kitezh. Lara knows she must reach the Lost City and its hidden secrets before Trinity as she sets out for Siberia on her first Tomb Raiding expedition.
  • NEW “Blood Ties” Single Player Story – In the wake of her father’s death, Lara’s uncle challenges her ownership of Croft Manor. Lara is determined to reclaim her legacy and prove that she is the rightful heir, but to do that she will need to confront her past head on. Explore Lara’s childhood home in an hour of new Story Mode gameplay, and uncover a family mystery that will change her life forever. This new mode is playable in standard third person and can also be experienced in Virtual Reality mode.
  • NEW “Blood Ties” Nightmare - Lara’s worst nightmares come alive as hordes of the undead overrun her childhood home. Defeat hordes of infectious zombies to become the ultimate zombie slayer, before the nightmare overwhelms you! Compete with friends and create community challenges with card modifiers in an all new Nightmare Mode.
  • NEW Endurance Mode Co-Op: You and a friend must scrounge, scavenge and craft to survive the harsh elements by day, as well as lethal threats from enemies, both man and beast, by night. This is the ultimate test to see how long you and a friend can survive the sprawling, unforgiving landscapes. Fire takes fuel, cold kills the unprepared, food restores health, and everything must be caught, collected, or crafted. You start with nothing and must find everything. Work together and challenge others to your longest survival run and battle to the top of the leaderboards.
  • NEW 20 Year Celebration Content - Five classic Lara Croft skins as well as a reimagined outfit that pays tribute to Lara’s trip to Antarctica in Tomb Raider III. New content also includes the “Extreme Survivor” difficulty setting in Rise of the Tomb Raider that will severely limit your save points, crafting materials, resources, ammunition, and health – only the most resourceful and capable will survive this new extreme difficulty.
  • Includes all DLC – Includes all downloadable content that will extend your single-player campaign and will allow you to compete with friends. Three major releases will challenge you to survive the extreme conditions of Endurance Mode, explore a new tomb that houses an ancient terror in Baba Yaga: The Temple of the Witch, and combat waves of infected predators in Cold Darkness Awakened. In addition, new outfits, weapons, and Expedition Cards will keep you customizing, expanding, and challenging your friends to new adventures.

Last edited:
Now I truly regret selling my Digibook for the first game (needed the money at the time :( ).
I forgot there was a digibook for the first game. I got the CE with the figure and tin... wishing I'd gone for the steelbook instead now, because I have no room to display it all. I wouldn't be surprised if this gets similar treatment as well... steelbook and CE. Think I'll probably settle for this edition though. :)

• Thanks
Reactions: tridon
I forgot there was a digibook for the first game. I got the CE with the figure and tin... wishing I'd gone for the steelbook instead now, because I have no room to display it all. I wouldn't be surprised if this gets similar treatment as well... steelbook and CE. Think I'll probably settle for this edition though. :)

Yeah, this edition looks great! The first one was really nice -- shame I had to let it go. The freakin' thing goes for $200+ on eBay now.

I fully expect some Square Enix Store exclusive to pop up for this. Might even hear about it this weekend at SDCC.

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles
Yeah, this edition looks great! The first one was really nice -- shame I had to let it go. The freakin' thing goes for $200+ on eBay now.

I fully expect some Square Enix Store exclusive to pop up for this. Might even hear about it this weekend at SDCC.
Gah, no way?! That does suck... been there myself a few times - sold something cheap only for it to be worth 10x more a year or so down the line. :ugh:

Haha yeah, Square Enix do love their store exclusives! :greedy:

Ok now to hunt down the pre-order. Thanks @Noodles!
I'll keep an eye out for it going on sale through Amazon... so far I've only been able to find it on Zavvi.

• Thanks
Reactions: ash333 and tridon
Gah, no way?! That does suck... been there myself a few times - sold something cheap only for it to be worth 10x more a year or so down the line. :ugh:

Haha yeah, Square Enix do love their store exclusives! :greedy:

I'll keep an eye out for it going on sale through Amazon... so far I've only been able to find it on Zavvi.
BTW, @Noodles - I think Amazon's (regular) version for PS4 still has a release date of December!

Is it December 30th by any chance? I can't seem to find it at all on Amazon. :confused:
Yep December 30th (the "catch-all" date for there being no date set yet?)
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B013HMN66M/?tag=hidefnin-20
**UPDATE: Amazon has issued an email saying the release date is October 11. It appears that this listing is the 20th Anniversary Edition - but not with the art book, and maybe some of the other extras offered on the Zavvi version.
It runs at about the same price (with Prime) as the order I made at Zavvi with the 10% ZAVWEL54 discount. (Roughly $45.00)

Last edited:
Urgh what a bloody letdown...this is a terrible collectors edition

- No Steelbook

- No Trinkets

- No OST

- No Statue

Just DLC and costumes

How on earth is this representing 20 years of Tomb Raider aswell. I mean the games are alright and I enjoy them a little but in no way is this version of the games like the old classic ones, they are like a new IP with Tomb Raider slapped onto them.

What about if they gave us Tomb Raider 1-3 included within the disc. Least that would be celebrating the old games, not just an artbook with a 20 year logo on it.

Seriously I've waited a year for this thinking there would be a fantastic special edition and we didn't even get a Steelbook.

Oh not to mention the artwork is a rip from the Nathan Drake Collection

CnvLI-BUEAAiEji.jpg:large

. I mean the games are alright and I enjoy them a little but in no way is this version of the games like the old classic ones, they are like a new IP with Tomb Raider slapped onto them.

Oh not to mention the artwork is a rip from the Nathan Drake Collection

CnvLI-BUEAAiEji.jpg:large
I don't think I'm alone in saying that the reboot Tomb Raider was one of the most enjoyable gaming experiences I have had in the last 25 years I have been gaming. It was that good.
And it is kind of weird that you say the Tomb Raider cover is Ripping off the Uncharted cover, seeing as Uncharted started as a Tomb Raider ripoff in the first place!:LOL:

• Thanks
I don't think I'm alone in saying that the reboot Tomb Raider was one of the most enjoyable gaming experiences I have had in the last 25 years I have been gaming. It was that good.
And it is kind of weird that you say the Tomb Raider cover is Ripping off the Uncharted cover, seeing as Uncharted started as a Tomb Raider ripoff in the first place!:LOL:

No offence but if the reboot was one of the most enjoyable games you've had in 25 years then you really don't get much out of gaming considering how many amazing, better games there has been in a number of appealing and different genres to suit all tastes.

Anyway onto your next point.

Don't...just don't...don't be that guy

The Old Tomb Raider games and Uncharted are NOTHING alike. The Old Tomb Raider games...

Did not have a cover system
Did not feature wave after wave of enemies
Did not make Lara Croft bloody Rambo as she slaughtered them like a commando pro
Did not have cinematic cutscenes
Did not have Regen health but instead Medkits
Was not action focused
Was not character driven
Was more about survival then blowing **** up
Was not driven by a compelling story
Had no love interest
Had no main second character which came with her and was buddies with
Had no big set pieces
Focused more on hazards, traps and wild predators then human enemies
The multiplayer even tries to be like Uncharteds

I could go on

People just see the platforming and the fact they are both treasure hunters then follow the leader like sheep by going "they are the same" when the old games and Uncharted are nothing alike. NaughtyDog made sure they were doing it's own thing unlike Crystal Dynamics which basically went...

"Hey what can we do for the Tomb Raider reboot?"

"I know lets copy the crap out of Uncharted since that's doing well...but we'll have small RPG elements and small hubs instead of chapters"

"THAT'S BRILLIANT, lets do that"

The new Tomb Raider games are alright games and alright quality wise but they are just not Tomb Raider in the slightest. I mean hell the first game hardly had Tombs to raid, just those silly puzzle caves and even the second one looks like it doesn't have many.

NaughtyDog tried to do it's own thing while Crystal Dynamics decided to copy...even with a bloody cover art.

• Thanks
Reactions: Lukesablade
No offence but if the reboot was one of the most enjoyable games you've had in 25 years then you really don't get much out of gaming considering how many amazing, better games there has been in a number of appealing and different genres to suit all tastes.

Anyway onto your next point.

Don't...just don't...don't be that guy

The Old Tomb Raider games and Uncharted are NOTHING alike. The Old Tomb Raider games...

Did not have a cover system
Did not feature wave after wave of enemies
Did not make Lara Croft bloody Rambo as she slaughtered them like a commando pro
Did not have cinematic cutscenes
Did not have Regen health but instead Medkits
Was not action focused
Was not character driven
Was more about survival then blowing **** up
Was not driven by a compelling story
Had no love interest
Had no main second character which came with her and was buddies with
Had no big set pieces
Focused more on hazards, traps and wild predators then human enemies
The multiplayer even tries to be like Uncharteds

I could go on

People just see the platforming and the fact they are both treasure hunters then follow the leader like sheep by going "they are the same" when the old games and Uncharted are nothing alike. NaughtyDog made sure they were doing it's own thing unlike Crystal Dynamics which basically went...

"Hey what can we do for the Tomb Raider reboot?"

"I know lets copy the crap out of Uncharted since that's doing well...but we'll have small RPG elements and small hubs instead of chapters"

"THAT'S BRILLIANT, lets do that"

The new Tomb Raider games are alright games and alright quality wise but they are just not Tomb Raider in the slightest. I mean hell the first game hardly had Tombs to raid, just those silly puzzle caves and even the second one looks like it doesn't have many.

NaughtyDog tried to do it's own thing while Crystal Dynamics decided to copy...even with a bloody cover art.
I am in no way in the minority on the opinions I stated.

Last edited:
I agree that Tomb Raider was very enjoyable... I actually set out to collect all the trophies once I'd completed it, which is very rare for me to do. What's a great game to some, can be an awful game to others, and vice versa. Those damn opinions, man! :p

Truth is... if it wasn't for Tomb Raider, then games like Uncharted probably wouldn't exist, or at least be very different to what they are today. TR set the path, and I'm sure I recall a developer (my mind keeps picturing Neil Druckmann, but it may not have been him) from Naughty Dog even saying so themselves in a video once.

Reactions: C.C. 95
Anybody knows where I can pre- order this to get the Artbook edition? I asked on zavvi and they don't know anything.
@Noodles maybe you know something;)
You mean the one that's in the OP? If so, you can pre-order it from Zavvi here. :thumbs:

Not sure why they told you that they don't know anything... they even have this image up on their listing:

1.jpg

You mean the one that's in the OP? If so, you can pre-order it from Zavvi here. :thumbs:

Not sure why they told you that they don't know anything... they even have this image up on their listing:

View attachment 253726
Yes I ordered it from zavvi. There is only one version for PS4.
But when I contacted them this was their response:

Hello Tomislav,

Thank you for getting in touch about the content.

I can confirm as stated on site this will come with the following awesome items,

The Critically Acclaimed Action Adventure
Includes all DLC
NEW “Blood Ties” Single Player Story
NEW “Blood Ties” Nightmare
NEW Endurance Mode Co-Op
NEW 20 Year Celebration Content (which included the following)

Five classic Lara Croft skins as well as a reimagined outfit that pays tribute to Lara’s trip to Antarctica in Tomb Raider III. New content also includes the “Extreme Survivor” difficulty setting in Rise of the Tomb Raider that will severely limit your save points, crafting materials, resources, ammunition, and health – only the most resourceful and capable will survive this new extreme difficulty.

If there is anything else that we can do, then please do not hesitate to get in touch and a member of our team will be happy to help.

Kind regards,