Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: Robin Hood: Origins

Genre: All

Director: Otto Bathurst

Cast: Taron Egerton, Jamie Foxx, Jamie Dornan, Eve Hewson, Ben Mendelsohn, Tim Minchin, Paul Anderson, Björn Bengtsson, Josh Herdman

Release: 2018-03-22

Plot: A gritty take on the classic Robin Hood story.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Helpful Post
Reactions: Drum18
robin-1-1024x685.png
robin-2.png

• Helpful Post
Reactions: Drum18
There was an interview with the producer of the film Basil Iwanyk a while ago:
“The images of Robin Hood, the imagery we have, the production design, the stunt work that we’re doing—a lot of it was inspired by the John Wick stunt work. The stuff we’re doing with the bow and arrow, it’s the same thing that Keanu does with the gun."

So this is going to be John Wick with Bow and Arrows? That sounds cool to me.
Looking forward to seeing a trailer.

Is it just me... or does the clothing style seem way too "modern" for this?
Ha yeah, I actually had similar thoughts when first seeing Egerton's quilted style jacket... and Mendelsohn is looking pretty sharp for that era too!

• Thanks
Reactions: kaw
I personally think it looks kind of fun. I'm going to watch it.

But I have a prediction that it is going to be this years King Arthur. Which is a good thing if you liked King Arthur... but a bad thing for its Box Office returns.

Last thing I want to see is another Robin Hood film
that was my initial reaction, but if Taron brings abit of his Kingsman style to this, it could be the right spin on Robin Hood we've been waiting for.

I'l be honest, his Kingsman character impressed me enough that I'll see anything else with him in, so that was the convincing aspect so far. I'm willing to give it a chance off the back of that (and more so now I spotted Tim Minchin is also in it...thats intriguing me now.)

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database