RoboCop Returns

Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
MGM is developing a new installment of RoboCop and has set District 9 director Neill Blomkamp to helm the picture, which is titled RoboCop Returns. The studio hopes to revive a franchise that began with the Paul Verhoeven-directed satirical sci-fi action thriller that Orion released in 1987. Original writers Ed Neumeier and Michael Miner are producing and exec producing, respectively. Justin Rhodes, who co-wrote the Terminator film that Tim Miller is shooting, will rewrite the script that Neumeier and Miner wrote years ago as a planned sequel to Verhoeven’s hit, an installment that never happened. That duo is creatively involved in moving forward their creation for the first time since the original.

Source: https://deadline.com/2018/07/roboco...des-ed-neumeier-michael-miner-mgm-1202424639/

Reactions: Drum18 and Sigill
He's old i get it but he played the role well. And with the returning old timers like Indiana Jones and Arnie in Terminator although i am sure he will play the human character the terminator was based on, age is but a mileage.

He's old i get it but he played the role well. And with the returning old timers like Indiana Jones and Arnie in Terminator although i am sure he will play the human character the terminator was based on, age is but a mileage.
Good point! Plus his old age/stiff joints would make him look even more robotic lol. Question is though... is RC actually able to age?

Good point! Plus his old age/stiff joints would make him look even more robotic lol. Question is though... is RC actually able to age?
There was never any age defying technology in Robocop. Simply combining robotics with human tissue but the tissue still ages.

It would seem a little unreal had he not aged TBH.

Only just heard the news and good choice of director going by how district 9 is but his films have been crap since then. Hopefully Copley is in it