Rockstar Energy Drink Mayhem Festival 2009

Glen-BoB

Grampie Blu-Clan
Jan 28, 2009
Dartmouth, NS, CaNaDa
Roadtrip option #1

a short video message from kerry king and tom araya of los angeles thrashers slayer officially announcing the band's participation in this year's rockstar energy drink mayhem festival tour can be viewed below. Slayer will co-headline the trek with marilyn manson, with welsh metallers bullet for my valentine also scheduled to appear on the main stage. One more "special guest" act will also appear on the mayhem main stage and will be announced at a later date (rumors currently indicate that it may be killswitch engage).

The festival billing is as follows:

Main stage:

Slayer
marilyn manson
bullet for my valentine
special guest (to be announced)

hot topic stage:

Cannibal corpse
the black dahlia murder
job for a cowboy
behemoth
whitechapel

jägermeister stage:

Trivium
all that remains
god forbid

mayhem co-founder kevin lyman, the man behind the vans warped and taste of chaos tours, is quoted as saying, "i think people thought we would have a hard time coming up with a lineup that matched up with 2008. Well, i think we did."

the dates are as follows (all dates are subject to change):

Jul. 10 - sacramento, ca @ sleep train amphitheatre
jul. 11 - san francisco, ca @ shoreline amphitheatre
jul. 12 - san bernardino, ca @ glen helen pavilion
jul. 14 - seattle, wa @ white river amphitheater
jul. 17 - phoenix, az @ cricket pavilion
jul. 18 - albuquerque, nm @ journal pavilion
jul. 19 - denver, co @ coors amphitheater
jul. 21 - kansas city, ks @ sandstone amphitheater
jul. 22 - st. Louis, mo @ verizon wireless amphitheater
jul. 24 - atlanta, ga @ lakewood amphitheater
jul. 25 - indianapolis, in @ verizon wireless music centre
jul. 26 - chicago, il @ first midwest bank amphitheatre
jul. 28 - toronto, on @ molson amphitheater
jul. 29 – scranton, pa @ toyota pavilion
jul. 31 - cleveland, oh @ blossom music center
aug. 01 - pittsburgh, pa @ post gazette pavilion
aug. 02 - detroit, mi @ dte energy music theatre
aug. 04 - boston, ma @ tweeter center for the perf. Arts
aug. 06 - virginia beach, va @ virginia beach amphitheater
aug. 07 - camden, nj @ tweeter center at the waterfront
aug. 08 - hartford, ct @ new england dodge music center
aug. 09 - washington, dc @ nissan pavilion
aug. 11 - tampa, fl @ ford amphitheatre
aug. 12 - west palm beach, fl @ sound advice amphitheater
aug. 14 - dallas, tx @ superpages.com center
aug. 15 - houston, tx @ cynthia woods mitchel pavilion
aug. 16 - san antonio, tx @ verizon wireless amphitheatre

marilyn manson and slayer last joined forces in the summer of 2007 for a 25-city co-headline north american tour. The two bands each played full sets, with bleeding through opening all shows.

In an august 2007 interview with the dallas morning news, slayer guitarist kerry king stated about the then-in-progress tour with manson, "i haven't seen any fistfights or anything yet. But there's a lot of gray area between our fans and marilyn's. We both mine the same depths. But you can always pick out his fans — they're the freaky-dressed ones — and you can always tell who our fans are; they're the simply dressed ones."

he added, "there was this girl in the middle of the last show that had her fingers in her ears the whole time we were on. I [expletive] loved it!"

last year's rockstar energy drink mayhem festival tour featured slipknot and disturbed on the main stage alongside dragonforce and mastodon. In addition, the tour had two second stages: One sponsored by jägermeister and featuring airbourne, five finger death punch and 36 crazyfists. An additional second stage featured machine head, black tide, suicide silence, the red chord, and walls of jericho.

Rockstar energy mayhem is produced by warped founder kevin lyman, his partner on the rockstar taste of chaos tour john reese, caa's darryl eaton, and jason garner, live nation chief executive officer of north american music.

Reactions: inu028
let me know if you want to come to the D glenn. haha. I really hate slayer but I really wanna see Manson, ATR, Trivium, Bullet for my Valentine, and God Forbid.

Denver? Dallas? where the hell are you, hahahaha. I can never remember where anyone is. Prolly be going to Boston on a roadtrip for it if we go. Waiting for the announcement about Heavy MTL 2009 in Montreal before any plans are being made. It'scoming soon by the look of the website. HEAVY MTL

Heavy MTL Festival

HEAVY MTL FESTIVAL in Montreal has now updated their site to say "2009" and "dates to be announced soon". Up until now it has just been speculation that this concert was gonna happen again. Can't wait to see who the acts will be this year. Will be hard to beat last years line-up which is still posted at their site. Now help me track down THEGIDE so I can meet up with him and get my METAL on!!!

Nice. Last year 2 of my roommates went to mayhem. This is prolly gonna be a definite for the Indianapolis show.

Yea, I'm from Central Illinois.