Rogue One : A Star Wars Story - In theaters December 16, 2016

Drum18

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
May 3, 2011
Montreal
[CONTAINER][MOVIE1]Genre: Action, Adventure, Fantasy

Director: Gareth Edwards

Cast: Felicity Jones, Mads Mikkelsen, Alan Tudyk, Donnie Yen, Ben Mendelsohn, Forest Whitaker

Plot: Rogue One: A Star Wars Story, is the first film in the new series of standalone Star Wars movies from Lucasfilm. It tells the story of how a group of unlikely heroes unite to undertake a daring and seemingly impossible mission to steal the plans for the Death Star.[/MOVIE1][POSTER1]
qjiskwlV1qQzRCjpV0cL9pEMF9a.jpg
[/POSTER1][/CONTAINER]

IMDB:

Original announcement:
In addition to the episodes of a new Star Wars trilogy, Lucasfilm and Disney have begun development on multiple stand-alone movies that will offer new stories beyond the core Saga. Gareth Edwards will direct the first stand-alone film, with a screenplay by Gary Whitta. The film is due out December 16, 2016.

Gareth Edwards blazed into the filmmaking forefront with his acclaimed work on Monsters, a film he wrote, directed and served on as cinematographer and visual effects artist. The skill and vision readily apparent in Monsters earned him the high-profile spot directing this year's smash hit Godzilla.

"Ever since I saw Star Wars I knew exactly what I wanted to do for the rest of my life - join the Rebel Alliance! I could not be more excited & honored to go on this mission with Lucasfilm, said Edwards.

Gary Whittas screenwriting credits include 2010s The Book of Eli starring Denzel Washington. He is also well known as a journalist and editor in the video game industry, as well as part of the BAFTA award-winning team on Telltale Games adaptation of The Walking Dead.

Whitta states, "From the moment I first saw the original movie as a wide-eyed kid, Star Wars has been the single most profound inspiration to my imagination and to my career as a writer. It is deeply special to me,so to be given the opportunity to contribute to its ongoing legacy, especially in collaboration with a film-maker as talented as Gareth,is literally a dream come true. I'm still pinching myself."
ROGUE1_LOGO_V3_FIN_08-06-15_0.jpg
rogue.jpg

Last edited:
There are a few interesting stuff in this review, it's a bit long but definitely worth a shot. I have to say that I agree with most of the stuff that bothered me already watching it the first time (contains spoilers so if you haven't seen the movie acontains)

All of that is pretty spot on to be honest

Haha, those mentalists back in 1999 in complete denial coming out of a phantom menace. Think I've seen bits of that footage before
"It will be a great movie 20 years from now" lol

I like the term he uses, phantom menacing.... I've done that before - funnily enough with phantom menace onwards.
Same thing happened to me with dark knight rises I suppose.
I should of know better but because I love batman and was excited to see where the greatest superhero film (the dark knight) will lead too and how it will all end I originally walked out the cinema very happy, but not long after it was released on blu ray I realised how bad it was. Has some great scenes and I liked catwoman but over all it's a shocking film with a lot of sloppy flaws that Nolan should of noticed and fixed

And when you realise batman in the Nolan films has only actively been batman for 2/3 years out of the 10/11 years of becoming him (he's been a recluse for like 8 years by the time of rises) and then he gets his back broken, is out the game for another year but then manages to escape the harshest prison pit in the world that only one other has escaped from and comes back stronger than ever Lol give me a break... Anyway

Suppose it depends on your age and when your taste starts to develop, those people in the video from 99 apart from a few kids are adults and should of known better but the excitement of a new Star Wars films was still running through their blood and most looked like they had been camping for a week before release - imagine if you actually did that and the film turns out sh*t lol you would be in denial, whereas I was 13/14 when that came out so I saw it differently back then to how I do today. I loved it at 13 and when I got it on VHS I watched it all the time but as I got older I realised how bad those films are, how bad Ewan was and how anikan was a little b*tch (all 3 still have moments I love but overall they are crap like dark knight rises)

But his points on the characters was one of the things that did bug me about rogue one. I did find that odd. And never noticed how many times Riz says Pilot too. Lol

I would love to see the other scenes and how it was originally supposed to play out

• Thanks
Reactions: steelbookz4eva
Finally got to watch this yesterday as the Zavvi steel arrived early. LOVED IT!
Yeah there are things that can bug you, like missing scenes that were only used for marketing but on the whole I really, really enjoyed the film.

AND OH MY GOD THE MOMENT WHEN VADER GOES FULL BADASS AT THE END!

That was sooooo me in the movie theater (if I was a girl of course...)

I love genuine reactions like that! I didn't quite express my excitement the same way in the cinema, but I sure as hell wanted to lol.

Thanks for sharing Marc. :thumbs:

Reactions: Drum18