Rollerball (1975) (4K+2D Blu-ray Ultimate Edition) [Germany]

Dec 13, 2018
Release date: December 6, 2019 April 17, 2020
Purchase link: Amazon DE
Price: €51.99
Notes: With a cover made of fabric and black hot foil, this magnet box already excites externally. But inside there is a fine package: the BD / UHD Mediabook, a certificate (the box is numbered to 3,000 pieces), a digipack with the ROLLERBALL remake on Blu-ray, several art cards and booklets and a data CD with rare Press materials from all over the world.

Rollerball 1.jpg72276742_10156847178548020_6413374895874375680_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Price Update: 61.42
Special Features Added:-

Published in the limited Ultimate Edition as an exclusive collector's box including the 3-Disc Limited Collector's Edition in Mediabook (4K Ultra HD + Blu-ray + Bonus Blu-ray) with extensive bonus material, the brand new and previously unreleased documentary 85-minute documentary "From Rollerball To Rome - reverberation of a sci-fi classic ", double-sided poster, artcards and numbered certificate as well as 24-page booklet and print extras from all over the world.
The collector box will also be accompanied by the remake from 2002 on another bonus disc (Blu-ray) in digipak, as well as a bonus CD-Rom with additional material.

UHD / Blu-ray: "From Sweden To Stardom" - In conversation with Maud Adams; Making-of: "Return to the Arena"; Featurette: "The Fourth City" - A journey back to the original locations in Munich; Featurette: "The Bike Work" - stunt man Craig R. Baxley on the motorcycle stunts; Original Making of 1975: "From Rome to Rollerball"; 13 original trailer & TV spots [partially restored]; Audio commentary by director Norman Jewison; Audio commentary by author William Harrison
Bonus BD: "From Rollerball To Rome: How A Norman Jewison Classic Changed Sci-Fi Cinema"; 2 Vintage 8mm Reels: "Game On" and "Game Over"
Bonus BD: Remake ROLLERBALL (2002).

(Link to 4K Mediabook - Amazon.de )

@Grendel @Lordpercy @jasong

More info courtesy of Capelight Pictures:

The Ultimate Edition. With a cover made of fabric and black hot foil, this magnet box already excites externally. But inside there is a fine package: the BD / UHD Mediabook, a certificate (the box is numbered to 3,000 pieces), a digipack with the ROLLERBALL remake on Blu-ray, several art cards and booklets and a data CD with rare Press materials from all over the world.

Price should apparently be €49.99.

72276742_10156847178548020_6413374895874375680_n.jpg

I'm a big fan of these Ultimate Editions by Capelight (or anything by Capelight for that matter), but I'm not the biggest fan of the film unfortunately. Still, I'm excited to see how this turns out... I'm sure it'll look great as usual!

I'm a big fan of these Ultimate Editions by Capelight (or anything by Capelight for that matter), but I'm not the biggest fan of the film unfortunately. Still, I'm excited to see how this turns out... I'm sure it'll look great as usual!

While i'm enjoying the more obscure films getting the 4k treatment I can't help feeling annoying that a lot of classic mainstream classics are being ignored and would be better served by the format. Films like The Longest Day or Ben Hur......

While i'm enjoying the more obscure films getting the 4k treatment I can't help feeling annoying that a lot of classic mainstream classics are being ignored and would be better served by the format. Films like The Longest Day or Ben Hur......
I agree... a lot of classics seem to get ignored unfortunately. Obviously it's down to whichever studio owns the rights to said film and whether they want to put the time/effort/money into some sort of special release. If it were up to Capelight, then I'm sure we'd have amazing sets for all the classics!

Reactions: Lollard2002
I would have bought a 4Disc-Mediabook with the movie in 4K + Remake on Blu-ray and the Bonus Disc. I still don't know why the collector's box includes a seperate availble article (the Mediabook) and the Blu-Ray of the remake is in a Digipack, that looks deplaced a little bit. Although the extras are nice the overall impession is not excellent. It's ok for the price I think. My all time favorite of Capelight still is the Battle Royal 1+2 Mediabook.

Was this obscure? As I recall, it was very well regarded and IMDB shows a box office of 30 million USD or 137 million adjusted for inflation. That seems pretty respectable.
AFAICT, the budget was fairly typical for the time.

Just looked Grosses for 1975, this was the 14th highest grossing movie that year. No Jaws, but there was only 3 movies that grossed over 100 million Jaws, Rocky Horror and One flew over the Cuckoos nest (and Rocky Horror undoubtedly did it over several decades).

Anyway, I recall liking the flick, as did everyone I went with, which must’ve included my dad, if not my mom, since it was rated R.

Jonathan. Johnathan Jonathan

Was this obscure? As I recall, it was very well regarded and IMDB shows a box office of 30 million USD or 137 million adjusted for inflation. That seems pretty respectable.
AFAICT, the budget was fairly typical for the time.

Just looked Grosses for 1975, this was the 14th highest grossing movie that year. No Jaws, but there was only 3 movies that grossed over 100 million Jaws, Rocky Horror and One flew over the Cuckoos nest (and Rocky Horror undoubtedly did it over several decades).

Anyway, I recall liking the flick, as did everyone I went with, which must’ve included my dad, if not my mom, since it was rated R.

Jonathan. Johnathan Jonathan

Obscure in that it hasn't been constant in the public eyes over the past decades the way other films from the 70's like Jaws or Star Wars would be. I would guarantee you if you asked anyone under 45 I doubt they'd have heard of it.

Just got this and if you are thinking about it be quick as prices will get ridiculous and soon. It is a really great package for a film I really like and so glad for this as it’s more than I would have hoped for for this movie. Now for the same for Salute of the Jugger please.

My copy was sent from Germany last Friday. Still to arrive so looking forward to it. That's the second film I've had from Germany which was 4k and not available anywhere else. The other was Dog Soldiers.

All 3 Discs of this Collectors Box have faulty audio tracks.

- all audio tracks of the UHD-Master are 1/6 Second asynchronous
- the original soundtrack of the remake has some asynchronously parts
- the german 5.1 audio track has interchanged L-R-channels

With sending your invoice to "[email protected]" you can get replacement discs in Germany. When ordered from Capelight shop the replacement-discs will be sent automatically. Don't know how it's international.

source: DVD-Forum.at

Last edited: