Rumor: PS3 getting cross-title voice chat in October

Jan 29, 2009
A VG247 source said today that Sony has informed developers of plans to incorporate cross-title voice chat in PS3 play by the end of October.

The feature will be added in Firmware update 3.10, we were told.

Cross-title chat is consistently one of the most asked-for features on PS3 – looks like Sony’s ready to deliver.

Last edited:
Max said it was happening too (from br.com)... and he generally knows what he's talking about.

I can't wait!

though with cross-game chats can you make them private? I like talking to certain people but don't want it broadcast to all my people in game.

Yeah blame it on the nieces lol!

It's not like i Rented it. I bought it...

here are some pics..

img0250yr.jpg

By caliblue15, shot with iPhone 3G at 2009-09-25

img0248ct.jpg

img0249vp.jpg

RUMOR: Cross game chat restricted to PSN subscribers

Cross game chat, a feature Xbox 360 owners have enjoyed for years, and one PS3 fans can’t wait to experience on PSN. Thing is, in order to experience the goodness, you might have to pay for it.

In the latest issue of PTOM, there’s a thread about PlayStation 3’s “Next Tech”, and in it, slew of details were divulged concerning PSN.

After talking about the possible 3D offerings in 2010, the mag delves into cross-game chat.

“Aside from the 3D goodness, cross-game party chat is the obvious “next big feature,” even though it might be restricted to paid [PSN] subscribers.”

Earlier in the same thread speaking about motion controls, the writer said this:

“Sony’s current service is one of the PS3’s best features, so we’d begrudgingly welcome a revamped PSN with extra subscriber functionality, like cross-game-chat and exclusive PSN downloads.”

gamesthirst.com/2010/02/16/ps3-cross-game-chat-to-be-restricted-to-paid-psn-subscribers/

i dont know how legit the source is, since i never read stuff from them really, but i posted it cause i believe this would happen if/when they release the paid psn subscription.

its something id be ok with. we've gotten along fine without it so far. if they do stuff like this that makes the paid network much better, i wouldnt mind paying it either.