Rumor: PS3 Slim in the wild?

Apr 2, 2009
taken from here:

quote:
So here's the deal.

I was walking around this underground marketplace in the Philippines, hoping to get a good deal for a PS3. Lo and behold out of nowhere i saw the PS3 slim. It looked EXACTLY like the rumored photos. I asked the guy and he said it was brand new and that our country had it first. I have a video and a few details.

What I know:

- It has a 120GB HDD.
- Two USB Ports
- The 'touch' button for eject and on seems to be gone, and there are now these random buttons.
- The ps icon is now white instead of colored.
- No more card reader
- PLAYSTATION 3 is gone, rather its PS3. It says this on the bottom as well for some reason.
- The guy was selling it with a Dualshock 3. Whether it is compatible is another matter.
- The guy was selling it for 20,000 pesos, which is roughly £250, which is roughly $410

2crueis.jpg

i say fake unless its releasing very soon

that is ugly. just looks really cheaply made. and why would the phillipines of all places get it first. has to be a fake. but does it even work? Are there alot of "fake" consoles out there in these asian/southeast asian countries? if so, do they actually work well? I know they sell alot of "fake" or "counterfeit" stuff over there.

*Unless somebody's stealing some from the factories and releasing them illegally.

that is ugly. just looks really cheaply made. and why would the phillipines of all places get it first. has to be a fake. but does it even work? Are there alot of "fake" consoles out there in these asian/southeast asian countries? if so, do they actually work well? I know they sell alot of "fake" or "counterfeit" stuff over there.

*Unless somebody's stealing some from the factories and releasing them illegally.

apparently the ps3 originally showed up in that area before anywhere else. so its no surprise that they were able to get one

With the recent leak of the PS3 Slim video from the Philippines, an employee from GameTrailers has confirmed that it’s real. Of course, one could make the argument that we have known it’s been real all along, but we really want to know if the system is for sale in the Philippines and when will Sony officially announce the system. While it could be assumed the official announcement will come at the Tokyo Game Show this September, Sony is still keeping hush on the topic.

Vespene - Vespene Gas/Editor & Graphics from GameTrailers posted:

“Sony can't keep leaks.
Spoiler: It’s Real”

This doesn’t officially confirm anything, right now. Could he be having fun with the GT forum members? It’s a possibility, but I’m leaning towards more the direction that the system is real and that the Philippine system is just a very early leak.

One way to find out for sure .... is the Phillipines currency really PESOS?

Thought that was only Mexico ...

I don't think it's that ugly. I must admit that I don't like the buttons on the slim, I wish they would have stuck with the touch sensitive ones. In the end it's not as fancy looking as our shiny ps3's, but it's not horrible. Just think of it as being "murdered out", and that's hip.:)

Last edited:
if it doesn't have touch sensitive symbols I'm going to be PISSED!... I love the current models, I'd just buy another one of them instead of a slim. :mad:

Last edited: