Rumor: Silver Dualshock Controller Inbound - Silver PS3 at E3 to coincide??

Jan 29, 2009
I work at Gamestop and according to our shipment notifications, we are receiving Silver Playstation 3 Dualshock 3 Controllers in the month of June. Here is the story:

At Gamestop the Playstation 3 Dualshock 3 Controller White Price Sticker Reads: Playstation 3 Dualshock Controller. Recently we had to resticker them and the new stickers read: Playstation 3 Dualshock Controller Black. (Check it out at your nearest Gamestop).

Anyway, we figured maybe they were planning on coming out with new colors for the controller because of the new relabeling.

A week later on our shipment notification we are expected to receive Playstation 3 Dualshock Wireless Controller Silver in the month of June!

[Pictures soon]

This brings up an interesting point, we all know E3 is June 2-4, so we will a Silver Playstation 3 be revealed from Sony at this years E3 to coincide with the Silver Playstation 3 DualShock Wireless Controller.??

Source: gamingvice.net/2009/04/12/silver-playstation-3-dualshock-3-controller-coming-to-us-in-june/

Last edited by a moderator:
i always wanted a white dualshock. i think they were only available in japan and i didn't want it bad enough to import. i would like to start seeing some more options stateside though.

i want a new ps3 just because i dont want to stress my 60gb and sometimes it gets a little too loud for my liking (i need to somehow clean the inside of it). but if a price cut and a silver ps3 are announced in june, i know what i want for my birthday =D