Rumors...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't understand why they just can't co-produce an avengers film with Spidey in it and split the international distribution 50/50

Yep money does talk, but with the profits of both film and merchandise it would be need to be serious money and I can't see Marvel/Disney willing to spend that just yet.

It's one of Sony's biggest titles and the money they earn from it is probably considerably more than what would be on the table for a rights buy.

---------- Post added at 09:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:28 PM ----------

With you all the way on that one.

Didn't Marvel/Disney pay Paramount or cut a deal for distribution for Avengers and few others but they are still getting money of some sort? I mean I don't see how they wouldn't do some similar to that. No doubt Spidey makes ton of money, but far far from Avengers 1B earnings.

Didn't Marvel/Disney pay Paramount or cut a deal for distribution for Avengers and few others but they are still getting money of some sort? I mean I don't see how they wouldn't do some similar to that. No doubt Spidey makes ton of money, but far far from Avengers 1B earnings.

Marvel hold the full rights to those titles and Paramount distributed them. Where as with Spider-Man Sony hold full rights and have no interest sharing any profits. :D

---------- Post added at 11:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:20 PM ----------

I don't understand why they just can't co-produce an avengers film with Spidey in it and split the international distribution 50/50

There were talks between Marvel and Sony with a view to featuring Spider-Man in Avengers 2 just after the first Spidey film came out. The demands that Sony wanted though were basically that they would be the bigger earner asking for if I remember correctly over 65% of the profit and also wanted Spider-Man to have more screen time than any of the other characters. They basically wanted to be the major benefactor. Marvel said get lost!

I would of as well, as much as I want to see Spidey along side the Marvel team to think the next Avengers movie would make that much mote just because Spidey was included is ridiculous, no wonder Marvel said get lost. BTW anyone know why Sony owns all of Spideys rights? I bet this is common knowledge among you folks. Why Marvel would have ever sold the rights to Spidey and the X-Men make me scratch my head.

Last edited:
The demands that Sony wanted though were basically that they would be the bigger earner asking for if I remember correctly over 65% of the profit and also wanted Spider-Man to have more screen time than any of the other characters. They basically wanted to be the major benefactor. Marvel said get lost!

Haha, I would have done more then just say get lost if I was Marvel. More like "get your face out of my office or my boot goes up where the sun dont shine" sort of deal. :p

Im mostly down with what Marvel has done on-screen but they seriously need to wake the eff up and give the big green man some justice with another stand alone movie for him IMO. :)

Reactions: psychoscot
Status
Not open for further replies.