Rumors...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last month, Zombieland director Ruben Fleischer mentioned that not only is Sony interested in a sequel, but if they can “crack” the story for a sequel, it will probably be shot in 3D. A few days later, a list of Paramount’s 2010 slate listed another Jackass sequel, Jackass 3D. Variety has now confirmed that both projects are in development. Who is signed? Who isn’t? When will the films go into production? Find out after the jump.

According to the story, Sony has already closed deals with helmer Ruben Fleischer and producer Gavin Polone to return for the 3D sequel, and screenwriters Rhett Reese and Paul Wernick are already working on the sequel’s screenplay. Of course, the stars of the original, Woody Harrelson and Jesse Eisenberg, are not yet signed, but the studio is in talks with the pair to reprise their roles. Harrelson has expressed interest in making another film, so I’m betting it will probably happen, eventually. I’m really glad the original creative team is signed on for the sequel, because it is their contributions that made the first film greater than the concept.

As for Jackass 3D, filming is scheduled to begin on January 25th 2010, with a release tentatively scheduled for later in the year. The first Jackass film was released in October, and the sequel hit in September, so I would expect the third installment to hit around the same time — fourth quarter 2010.

Source:
http://www.slashfilm.com/2009/12/01/zombieland-2-and-jackass-3d-confirmed/#ixzz0fHSzX20G

I am pumped for Zombieland 2 :oohyeah:

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/tvnews.php?id=63496

Twitter sensation @sh*tmydadsays is becoming a TV pilot with William Shatner set to play the larger-than-life dad at the center, says The Hollywood Reporter.

The CBS' family comedy project is based on the Twitter account, which has enlisted more than 1.17 million followers since launching in August by Justin Halpern.

The pilot will be executive produced by "Will & Grace" creators David Kohan and Max Mutchnick. Halpern co-wrote the script with Patrick Schumacker. Halpern and Schumacker co-executive produce the Warner Bros. TV-produced project whose title is expected to change if it goes to series.

Halpern, 29, had moved back in with his parents in San Diego, and on Aug. 3 he launched @sh*tmydadsays featuring comments made by his 73-year-old father during their daily conversations.

i think jerry stiller would be WAY funnier, but eh..whatev

Back in January it was rumored that Disney was developing another revisionist re-take on one of their cartoon classics for Tim Burton to direct. Maleficent, a retelling of the Sleeping Beauty story that focuses on the Mistress of all Evil. Heatvision confirms the previous reports, adding that Alice in Wonderland screenwriter Linda Woolverton was penning the script. The site also notes that Tim Burton may direct, but it is one of the many projects the filmmaker is circling. The screenplay for Alice in Wonderland was one of the film’s many short comings. I hope that Woolverton can turn this interesting concept into something much more.

Previously from Brendon Connelly:

The studio registered the domain name maleficentmovie.com some time last summer, so I’ve been waiting for news a while. Of course, until now I wasn’t entirely convinced it was going to be a live action picture - well, in so much as it will be live action, which I’m expecting will be probably to just the extent that Alice is - and not an animated spin-off, a la the Tinkerbell series or that Timon and Pumbaa picture.

One question is where this leaves Burton’s Dark Shadows, a film we had previously been told would shoot this year. Producer Graham King told CHUD last week that there was not yet a finished Dark Shadows script. Seeing as there’s no scheduled release date for the picture, and that Johnny Depp could easily find another one of his nascent projects to slip into place, I’d think we’ll be on hold a while before Shadows goes before cameras.

Burton also has his Frankenweenie stop motion picture gearing up to go, but even if he doesn’t co-direct that one, as he did The Corpse Bride, the nature of animation should allow him energy and time to overlap some serious preproduction on another film.

The character of Maleficent is a Disney creation, the original storyline having an un-named evil fairy godmother. Since appearing in their Sleeping Beauty toon - in which she had some quite brilliantly grotesque sidekick-minions that I’d love to see in the Maleficent movie - she’s cropped up in the House of Mouse TV series and the Kingdom Hearts videogames, both times as the supreme evil mastermind behind the heroes’ and heroines’ suffering. Essentially, she’s the BIG Big Bad at Disney. As such, I’m not sure they’ll let the adult Maleficent be a sympathetic character and if she’s really going to be the film’s protagonist, I suspect we’ll have to go back in time a little, a la Wicked, and find out just why she’s grinding her axes.

I definitely hope we get to see Maleficent in her magnificent Dragon form. Smaug’s new master Guillermo del Toro has described this as one of his favourite dragons, and it isn’t hard to see why.

http://www.slashfilm.com/2010/03/23...on-sleeping-beautys-evil-queen/#ixzz0j79FVUdE

I enjoyed the way they did Alice in Wonderland and I am definitely intrigued by the result of this movie. :scat:

The public hasn’t had a chance to check out Ridley Scott’s Robin Hood, which premieres at Cannes, but if the receipts are high, we may see more than one episode featuring Russell Crowe as the famous British character.

Speaking to the Times Online, Scott defines this film as an origin story, saying, “It is the beginnings of how the man becomes known as Robin the Hood…You don’t really get that until the last few minutes. When you realize that ‘Ah, this is who he is’. Let’s say we might presume there’s a sequel.”

From his perspective, the idea of a sequel seems natural. “If there were to be a sequel to Robin Hood, you would have a constant enemy throughout, King John, and you would follow his reign of 17 years, and the signing of Magna Carta could be Robin’s final act.”

Read the source for some great quotes about that semi-famous early draft of the script, in which Robin Hood and the Sheriff of Nottingham were the same character. Some pretty blistering comments in there about that take (”CSI: Sherwood Forest,” Crowe calls is) which makes the long development and rewrite process make more sense.

After the break, we’ve got word on possible films to follow Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs and Mulholland Drive. Yeah, I’m confused about that last one, too.

Pajiba has spoken to a source who “claims to be familiar with the Sony Animation studio,” and who says that a sequel to Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs has been put into development. Original directors Phil Lord and Chris Miller are reportedly attached, and the source material will be Pickles to Pittsburgh, the follow-up book to the tome used as the source for Cloudy. A natural progression, right?

Finally, there’s a quote from Laura Elena Harring that David Lynch is planning a sequel to Mulholland Drive. Or, if not a proper sequel, then a follow-up. Harring reportedly met with Lynch recently, and said last week that, “I’m very sure it’s coming, it’s being born. I cannot really tell you how I know.”

Honestly, no idea how much credence to lend to this one. But Harring did appear during the end credits of Lynch’s last dramatic film, Inland Empire, so, uh…yeah, actually, that doesn’t tell us anything at all. I’d love to see Lynch do another piece of fiction of any kind, so I’d be up to see him revisit some of the characters from the film many called the best of the past decade

/Film http://www.slashfilm.com/2010/04/12...-an-odd-mulholland-drive-rumor/#ixzz0kvt7aM9q

I have to see Robin Hood :scat:

At least, it already has a screenwriter.

Even though the world has yet to see what will come of Ryan Reynolds as Green Lantern, Warner Bros. is pretty confident the movie is going to be HUGE.

So huge in fact, that they have decided to forge ahead and hire a screenwriter to pen the sequel. Sources say that the studio has chosen Michael Goldenberg to write Green Lantern 2. Mike's other credits include Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix and Where The Wild Things Are.

They are taking a huge risk here, seeing as the first movie isn't even out yet. Plus, they don't even know if the first will flop or not.

Vapor warning: a gossip blog is reporting that Brad Pitt is the lead choice to play John Marston in a film version of the Rockstar Western video game Red Dead Redemption. Well, guess what? Sure he is! He’s Brad effin’ Pitt, which means he’s the first choice to play at least twenty-five percent of the leading roles floating around studio executive desks right now. But because the ‘rumor’ is now out there, it’s going to be everywhere, so we might as well manage expectations right now.

So does this mean that a Red Dead Redemption movie is happening? Or that it is happening soon, and with Pitt? No. It could happen, and if it does, there’s an outside chance that it would happen with Pitt, but don’t even start to thinking about getting hung up on this idea just yet. Go watch The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford again and be happy.

Here’s the rundown on just the first part of the plot of the game, which is a massively sprawling affair. This wouldn’t be a quick or low-budget thing if done according to the specs laid down by the game. All of which makes it a less likely proposition.

In the year 1911, John Marston, a retired outlaw formerly of a gang led by Dutch van der Linde, is taken away from his wife Abigail and his son Jack by government agents. The agents tell Marston that his family will be safely returned to him if he hunts down the remaining lead members of his former gang. Left with no choice, Marston travels to the territory of New Austin to capture or kill one of his old friends, Bill Williamson, who now runs his own gang of bandits out of Fort Mercer. Marston confronts Williamson at the fort, only to be shot and left for dead outside the fort. A rancher, Bonnie MacFarlane, finds him wounded, and brings him to a doctor to be treated.

After recovering from his wounds several days later, Marston begins repaying the MacFarlanes for their help. At the same time, he recruits help for a plan to attack Fort Mercer. Along with U.S Marshal Leigh Johnson of Armadillo, con man Nigel West Dickens, grave robber Seth Briars and drunken arms dealer Irish, Marston uses a Trojan Horse strategy to breach the fort and massacre Williamson’s gang, only to find that Williamson had already fled to Mexico to seek help from Javier Escuella, another member of Marston’s old gang. Irish agrees to take Marston into Mexico over the river border.

/Film http://www.slashfilm.com/2010/08/26/gigantic-rumor-brad-pitt-for-red-dead-redemption/#ixzz0xpdfrvJ6

I can see him playing Marston. :scat:

Unfortunately, sources are saying that a remake of "Back To The Future" staring Justin Bieber could very much be a possibility.

Justin Bieber is one of those celebrities that you either love or loathe. While most people old enough to drive seem to find the You Tube star turned pop singer Bieber to be annoying, his huge base of younger fans has made him a star.

Which might be why his newest rumored project might be taking on the Michael J. Fox role in a new reboot of the "Back To The Future" movie franchise.

Several British tabloids are reporting that Bieber is being considered for the starring role in the remake, assuming that "he is capable of acting at that level." When Fox took on the original role, he had a hit TV series ("Family Ties") and several hit movies under his belt.

Bieber is younger than Fox was when he starred in the first "Future" movie, and if took the role it would be written to reflect his younger age. "The most important part of the film is the time travel aspects," said one unnamed film executive. "In fact, some of the plot works better with a younger character."

The biggest problem with the idea might be that the three "Future" films are well-made and fondly remembered by audiences. Even if the remake does make it to the screen, odds are that it will face the same box-office fate as the recent remake of "The Karate Kid."

Status
Not open for further replies.