Rumors...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Karate instructor turned actor Chris Casamassa has revealed that filming is scheduled to begin on a third movie installment in the venerable Mortal Kombat franchise this September.

Casamassa, who played undead warrior Scorpion in the original film and its sequel, confirmed that he is set to reprise his role for a third outing during a chat with sgvtribune.com.

Directed by Paul Anderson (who would later go on to head the movie adaptation of Resident Evil), 1995?s Mortal Kombat became something of a cult classic among fans, and is regarded as one of the most successful videogame ? movie efforts to date. The sequel - Mortal Kombat: Annihilation ? failed to stimulate as much interest as its predecessor, however, and was met with considerable backlash from both fans and critics alike.
________
LovelyWendie99

Uma Thurman recently revealed that she is very excited to be apart of the next Kill Bill flick, after having a little one-on-one with Quentin about the story. She explained:

"We did chat, we did chat. He has not yet finished the script. I don't even really know if he's really started it, although I got a taste of some of his ideas and they are really good…He has started to share with me what he was thinking, and it's awesome."

Uma Thurman recently revealed that she is very excited to be apart of the next Kill Bill flick, after having a little one-on-one with Quentin about the story. She explained:

"We did chat, we did chat. He has not yet finished the script. I don't even really know if he's really started it, although I got a taste of some of his ideas and they are really good…He has started to share with me what he was thinking, and it's awesome."

He did. I also remember a few years ago that he wanted to do a third when blackmombas daughter was older to get revenge. I think blackmomba had the daughter? Anyways, maybe he'll still do that or something else?

1 was fantastic. 2 didnt litte more than finish the story for me (although the fight in the trailer was INSANE!!!!!)

either way, 3 will be a must see for me. great news!

Tarantino says he has written about 40 pages of a prequel to his hit film Inglourious Basterds and that it's a possibility the film could get made.

Apparently, it will depend on how the original does during awards season and he's also working on another project entirely, which he isn't saying much about.

The director has only revealed that it's going to be "smaller, less epic" and a "different genre entirely" from Basterds. He's planning on finishing that screenplay within 5 to 6 months.

wow,Most of the time Tarantino Keep's everything a secret and just surprises people with the film's he make's...he barely talk's about any future projects and he said that himself before.

just a rumor as it is...but i'd enjoy to see more from him,i just bought "From Dust till dawn" on blu-ray.

This would be awesome, it would explain the scar around Pitts neck and possibly feature him again and his glory days of whooping ass and earning his high rank?

This would be awesome, it would explain the scar around Pitts neck and possibly feature him again and his glory days of whooping ass and earning his high rank?

we kinda already know that tho. but i guess it would be nice to see happen

Ain't It Cool News is reporting that Alice in Wonderland director Tim Burton might be adapting another classic tale soon, but this time from the point of view of the villain.

The site says that Burton is interested in making a live action feature based on Maleficent from Disney's 1959 adaptation of the fairy tale Sleeping Beauty. Burton's Dark Shadows is "stumbling," according to AICN, so Maleficent could possibly be his next project.

Maleficent.gif

Variety says that producer Lionel Wigram, the creative force behind Guy Ritchie's Sherlock Holmes, has hired screenwriter Peter Straughan (The Men Who Stare at Goats) to update Alexandre Dumas' classic "The Three Musketeers."

Wigram, who oversaw the first three "Harry Potter" films, has set the project up at Warner Bros. Pictures.

The trade says that Straughan's script will play up the action and "sexier" elements of the story. No director or cast has been attached to the project yet.

Paul W. Anderson ("Resident Evil" films) is also developing a 3D version of the tale with the backing of Germany's Constantin.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=63258

Status
Not open for further replies.