Samsung 6 & 8 series

Horhay

ホルヘ
Jan 27, 2009
San Pedro, CA
We knew CES would deliver internet-lovin' HDTVs, but we had no idea Samsung would be bringing along so many. In case LCDs aren't really your bag, the company has also managed to bring along the Series 6 and Series 8 plasma sets. Both lines are hailed as the "greenest plasmas yet" thanks to their Energy Star 3.0 ratings, and they're also among the first TVs to be wireless DLNA-compliant. Both lines are obviously compatible with the Yahoo!-powered Internet@TV functionality, and the Series 8 checks in at just over an inch thick with an inbuilt ATSC tuner. Comically enough, Sammy doesn't even bother mentioning what sizes these things will arrive in (and definitely no price / release date), but it sure does stop to gloat about all this newfangled technology.

http://www.engadgethd.com/2009/01/0...ected?icid=sphere_blogsmith_inpage_engadgethd

http://www.engadgethd.com/2009/03/27/samsungs-2009-hdtv-lineup-gets-priced-early

This is from back at CES currently the TVs are priced at BB, I like what Samsung is doing I wish I won the lotto lol

Yup :) if my dad ends up buyin a new home, I might invest on a 7000 series :) i am just thinking about it not sure yet :)

Well, you can't go wrong with Samsung, especially since their price point is lower than an equivalent Sony. I've got two Samsung LCD's and absolutely love 'em. I'm just wondering if I should have sprung for the top of the line tv since I'll probably be keeping it for quite a few years since it's a 52". It's hard to believe tv's can get much better every year but they do. Can't even imagine what it would be like having one of those OLED tvs.

Samsung F8500 is going to be my new tv once it comes to uk, samsung are claming its the closet to OLED PQ with out being OLED and if the prices of the 2012 series of plamas i think this could come in just under the £2000 mark, which is a third of the price of the OLED. Availble sizes in the uk will be 51" and 64". Im hoping for the 64" :D