Premium Supporter
Jul 28, 2019
United Kingdom
SamuraiJack_MockUp_CE_PS4.png

Release Date: 21st August 2020
Retailer: Limited Run Games
Price: $130
Goes on Sale: 14th of August 2020

The game will be released on 21st of August 2020 but if you wish to buy this Collector's Edition it will be between 2-4 months to receive it. I don't really like this unknown fact about pre-ordering from LRG but this brings back memories from childhood :D

I might give the game a go anyway even if I am not going to grab the Collector's Edition.

Nice edition but it's one of those games where you don't know will be good or not

The issue I have with Limited Run is for the games you think SHOULD get a Steelbook like this, Jax and Daxter, Firewatch, Transistor, Oddworld, Yooka-Laylee and the Star Wars games, never do and the odd time it happens they are bland

Yet the most obscure or niche game gets a wonderful steelbook full of colour and a nice finish.

It's crazy

Reactions: Thoth
I find gameplay wise looking quite alright. Fast paced combat fitting for a Samurai game and considering is a small studio (Or so I think) they seem to have implemented a balanced number of mechanics such as dodging, disarming, stagger, multiple weapons/skills. I can't tell from the video if blocking is also part of the combat mechanics but it should definitely be. A samurai should always be able to parry! :D

I do agree with you on the LRG approach at creating these physical editions tho'. Would have been nice to have a steelbook considering the price. I kinda want to buy it but am afraid the collectible might be a cheap plastic copy and leave me disappointed. I also read today some comments from other LRG fans who were expressing their concern on shipping prices being high for Collector's Editions. Bundle that with Customs and taxes and I more than likely will skip it in the end. I wouldn't mind paying around £100 but if shipping and taxes will bump the price to £150+ then it's probably not worth it.

So far couldn't find the physical PS4 game anywhere in UK so I wonder if LRG is the only seller of physical copies.