San Andreas - In theaters May 29, 2015

bloodsnake007

Ltd. Ed./Birthdays/Video Game Mod
Premium Supporter
May 18, 2013
AZ, U.S.A
[CONTAINER][MOVIE1]Title: San Andreas (2015)

Tagline: A rescue pilot survived an earthquake, this is what happens next

Genre: [GENRE]Action[/GENRE], [GENRE]Drama[/GENRE], [GENRE]Thriller[/GENRE]

Director: [DIRECTOR]Brad Peyton[/DIRECTOR]

Cast: [ACTOR]Alexandra Daddario[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Dwayne Johnson[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Carla Gugino[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Archie Panjabi[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Hugo Johnstone-Burt[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Art Parkinson[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Ioan Gruffudd[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Julie Brandt-Richards[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Colton Haynes[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Kylie Minogue[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Will Yun Lee[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Janell Islas[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Vanessa Ross[/ACTOR]

Release Date: [RELEASE]2015-05-27[/RELEASE]

Runtime: [RUNTIME]100[/RUNTIME]

Plot: In the aftermath of a massive earthquake in California, a rescue-chopper pilot makes a dangerous journey across the state in order to rescue his estranged daughter.[/MOVIE1][POSTER1]
6iQ4CMtYorKFfAmXEpAQZMnA0Qe.jpg
[/POSTER1][/CONTAINER]

From ComingSoon.net:

Starring: Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson! :cool:

sanandreasheader.jpg

"New Line Cinema and Village Roadshow Pictures’ action-thriller San Andreas, starring Dwayne Johnson, has dropped an earth-shattering trailer!

After the infamous San Andreas Fault finally gives, triggering a magnitude 9 earthquake in California, a search and rescue helicopter pilot (Johnson) and his estranged wife make their way together from Los Angeles to San Francisco to save their only daughter. But their treacherous journey north is only the beginning, and when they think the worst may be over…it’s just getting started."

popcorn2.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, just saw this in IMAX 3d, and it was as expected, but not necessarily in a bad way. You get what you pay for. The destruction scenes were entertaining and a few cool shots sprinkled throughout. The Rock was great as a lead even though he didn't have much to work with. This is an ideal role for the Rock in that it plays to his strengths and doesn't require anything too far off his comfort zone acting wise.

Alexandra and Carla were excellent eye candy, but I didn't care much about Alexandra's side story with the brothers. Alexandra is gorgeous, but I hope she takes some more challenging roles so she doesn't become type cast.

Reactions: RekLess
And yes, to echo the other posters thoughts, I'd go Mad Max over this movie. Unless you're a huge fan of destruction movies or the Rock, Mad Max should be an easy choice.

I thought it was a pretty good disaster flick. It's got The Rock and some excellent special effects. The screenplay was terrible. Some of the worst dialogue (or lack of) that I've ever seen. But as a fun, popcorn flick, I felt like this was 2 hours well spent.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: bloodsnake007