Saving Mr. Banks (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Flloydo

Yo honey-dips, summertime, fine Jheri drippin'
Premium Supporter
Jun 4, 2013
UK
Reactions
25,982 1 0
Not seen this yet and will add it to the collection later down the line when it goes into a price drop. Artwork is bad so I don't think this will sell out

Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
Reactions
57,904 12 0
Good film IMO, and another clean design for the steel... not great, but not bad. Been meaning to pick it up on Blu for a while, so will just wait for a price drop on this.

Aug 18, 2013
Burbank, CA -USA
Reactions
351 0 0
FINALLY! I've been waiting for this since day 1. I'd given up hope. This movie had me so happy for the announcement of the Mary Poppins Steel. This made my month!

Mar 18, 2012
Bangkok, Thailand
Reactions
5,138 0 0
oh I love the film, terrific performances from both leading casts, especially Thompson.. :thumbs:

I know what they're trying to do here but isn't that to much empty space? let alone that would it be white or bare silver-ish metal finish? so I'd just prefer the regular poster over this...

saving_mr_banks.jpg

Actarus

Premium Supporter
Mar 28, 2014
フリード
Reactions
20,275 0 0
oh I love the film, terrific performances from both leading casts, especially Thompson.. :thumbs:

I know what they're trying to do here but isn't that to much empty space? let alone that would it be white or bare silver-ish metal finish? so I'd just prefer the regular poster over this...

View attachment 184846
Wonderful Disney movie once again, Saw This Twice and enjoyed it very much. The story behind how Marry Poppins got to be on the Big Screen is just a wonderful treat.

I agree @goufcustom they are trying to be clever by showing just the shadow part, it was passing until I saw Back Artwork. The Design is not well balanced and I agree full Poster should be used. I have the US Amaray and If I remember correctly it is this Artwork Poster with the usual textured Border on the slipcover. I think to leave it as it is, it is missing something. I love my Amaray Slipcover.

It is well Deserving of a Steel treatment indeed, I just wish they would have put more thoughts behind the design as it is way too minimalistic IMO, but I might just get weak and get it anyways.

Last edited:
Aug 23, 2013
Hertfordshire UK
Reactions
388 0 0
Why could this not have come out when the Amaray was released.
This film is a must see for any Disney fan
The story is great and the 2 leads superb
Will have to get this

ChrisIW

Premium Supporter
Sep 27, 2012
UK, on a parallel Earth
Reactions
2,814 0 0
The art doesn't make sense unless you see the full image!!!

They've just split a perfectly good picture it so they didn't have to find another image for the back :rolleyes:

Terrible.

chunk

Premium Supporter
May 27, 2013
Reactions
9,334 0 0
I love this film.. Emma Thompson had me laughing a lot.. keep thinking about picking this up on amaray but I'll get the steelbook now.. when it goes down in price:naughty:wish they'd used the whole poster and not split the image into two on the back and front but it could still look nice in hand:happy:

@harry , you wanted this to be released in steel:oohyeah:
:thumbs::thumbs:

I love this film.. Emma Thompson had me laughing a lot.. keep thinking about picking this up on amaray but I'll get the steelbook now.. when it goes down in price:naughty:wish they'd used the whole poster and not split the image into two on the back and front but it could still look nice in hand:happy:

@harry , you wanted this to be released in steel:oohyeah:
:thumbs::thumbs:
Thanks for the tagg chunk. I like the movie but i will wait to see pictures of the steelbook first

chunk

Premium Supporter
May 27, 2013
Reactions
9,334 0 0
Thanks for the tagg chunk. I like the movie but i will wait to see pictures of the steelbook first
Me too.. so much coming out over the next few months but this will be on my list to pick up somewhere down the line:D this was one you recommended I should see, and I really enjoyed it:notworthy::thumbs: