Horror Chat Scariest horror movie you've ever seen?

PunkNinja

Bring The Good Times Home
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Jan 3, 2013
USA
What's the scariest horror movie you ever seen?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    261.4 KB · Views: 196
Takes a lot to scare me but the following succeeded

The Amityville Horror (original)
Amityville II - The Posession
The Haunted (TV movie)
Banshee Chapter
REC
The Descent
Ghostwatch

Reactions: PunkNinja
Well, when I was a kiddo, The Exorcist and The Evl Dead scares the ***** out of me. But now maybe my girlfriend when she gets upset :rofl:

Last edited:
  • Informative
Three films have literally scared the sh*t out of me where I've had to turn off the film and take a breather before returning to it. The American remakes for The Grudge and The Ring (if I had to turn off the remakes, I don't even want to attempt the actual Japanese ones) and then the remake of House on Haunted Hill. Funny enough, with that film, when I returned to it, the second half wasn't scary at all and felt like a completely different movie.

• Informative
Although William Friedkin doesn't consider it to be a horror film
The Exorcist is still the scariest film for me and ahead of its time. Will never forget my first viewing
Of the modern day era i would say REC and i actually thought the recent Under The Skin was eerie and unsettling
Also A Tale of Two Sisters from asia some films are scary for different reasons like Requiem For A Dream

I have to be honest, I don't think I've ever been genuinely scared at a horror movie. Most recently I remember being quite unnerved by the trailer for The Babadook, but not so much by the film

To be honest I used to think that The Exorcist used to be scary as **** but I've seen it so many times now that it's almost funny at some scenes now. I can't watch it with others because they get angry when there scared and hiding behind a cover and I'm sitting there smirking and laughing the whole time. Some folks might think you sadistic or deranged if it makes you laugh but who cares.

I think my new scariest movies would have to be Ju-On and it's American counterpart, The Grudge and Ringu and it's American counterpart The Ring. The story behind Ju-On is pretty damn scary and then to be intensified by a movie makes it all that much more scary. :dead::dead::hurting::smashed::dead::dead: I would also have to say that The Conjuring is up there pretty high too. :ohno:

• Informative
Three films have literally scared the sh*t out of me where I've had to turn off the film and take a breather before returning to it. The American remakes for The Grudge and The Ring (if I had to turn off the remakes, I don't even want to attempt the actual Japanese ones) and then the remake of House on Haunted Hill. Funny enough, with that film, when I returned to it, the second half wasn't scary at all and felt like a completely different movie.

I found the Ring to be much scarier than Ringu. The original was pretty creepy but the remake managed to ramp up the scare factor.

I haven't seen the grudge since it was released, it scared the hell out of me at the time. If I had to watch it again it would have to be during the day! :ohno:

I found the Ring to be much scarier than Ringu. The original was pretty creepy but the remake managed to ramp up the scare factor.

I haven't seen the grudge since it was released, it scared the hell out of me at the time. If I had to watch it again it would have to be during the day! :ohno:

I tell ya, between The Ring and The Grudge, I don't like being left alone with little kids that seem creepy anymore. :p

• Informative
The Omen Trilogy, (and the Exorcist) scares the bejebus out of me because of the direct tie in to religion.

same here. not so scared of the monsters in the woods type of things, than movies with religious undertows

very proud of my the exorcist digibook signed by mr. Friedkin

• Informative
I have to be honest, I don't think I've ever been genuinely scared at a horror movie. Most recently I remember being quite unnerved by the trailer for The Babadook, but not so much by the film

You still not seen Paranormal Activity though ;)

despite my best efforts to get you watching them haha

• Informative

In the Japanese version of Ju On : the Grudge, there were a couple more intense scenes that they left out of the US remake

In the Japanese version of Ju On : the Grudge, there were a couple more intense scenes that they left out of the US remake

Maybe the PG-13 version. You have to watch the R-rated version of the US remake, it's actually more disturbing than Ju-On. But both are equally scary.

I also think The Ring is scarier than Ringu.