Schindler's List (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (EverythingBlu - BluPack #001) [UK]

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Release date: March 4, 2019
Purchase link: EverythingBlu (Pre-order January 10 8 PM UK Time)
Price: £39.98
Notes: 3 Discs (4K + Blu-ray + Bonus Blu-ray Disc)

packshot-social-media_1024x1024.png

Screen Shot 2018-12-04 at 23.30.51.png
11995437-1564632619645899.jpg

I can't believe how lazy this release has become. Lazy steel art, lazy slip art. After all the years of waiting and this is the half-arsed crap they give us. As someone else said - far too much effort on bundled junk you'll only look at once and not enough effort on the steel or slip.
I know right, and just what is Spielberg’s infatuation with the little red girl? The film is solemn enough without having to shove that tragedy in our faces every five minutes.

I know right, and just what is Spielberg’s infatuation with the little red girl? The film is solemn enough without having to shove that tragedy in our faces every five minutes.

Exactly! There should be more partying, streamers, balloons and party favors.

Seriously, I don't know what the hell people want from this movie. There was never going to be anything flashy about this.
I like the steelbook but I won't be purchasing any steelbooks. The movie was excellent and well deserving of Best Picture but it's not something I will ever watch again.

As requested by Steven Spielberg himself apparently.

The man made nothing relevant for the past 20 years, so no wonder he'd come up with such a ridiculous request. He's washed-up entirely. I mean, the point of a slipcase is to present some extra art, not to duplicate the steelbook. :dead: Reminds me of Zavvi's The Warriors and Once Upon a Time in the West.

Reactions: StifflersDad
Not digging this newest gambit by EB (and other retailers): jamming in a worthless fat folder of art cards that cost them $2 to make, in order to crank up the price.
(That seems to be the answer to why XL size - to fit a folder of worthless art cards. And EB Just announced their new slips - which appear to be XL....to fit folders of art cards.)
All of my art cards are instantly trashed.
I collect steelbooks -not art cards printed on an inkjet.
What next? XXL that include a stick of bubblegum and Henna tattoos?!

Not digging this newest gambit by EB (and other retailers): jamming in a worthless fat folder of art cards that cost them $2 to make, in order to crank up the price.
(That seems to be the answer to why XL size - to fit a folder of worthless art cards. And EB Just announced their new slips - which appear to be XL....to fit folders of art cards.)
All of my art cards are instantly trashed.
I collect steelbooks -not art cards printed on an inkjet.
What next? XXL that include a stick of bubblegum and Henna tattoos?!
1546713688246.png

Exactly! There should be more partying, streamers, balloons and party favors.

Seriously, I don't know what the hell people want from this movie. There was never going to be anything flashy about this.
I like the steelbook but I won't be purchasing any steelbooks. The movie was excellent and well deserving of Best Picture but it's not something I will ever watch again.
Yeah, it’s a masterpiece, that’s for sure. I’ve watched it 3 times. That’s enough for me. Heartbreaking and chilling, but also restores some faith that there was some humanity back then.

My gripe re: the red girl is purely an artistic one. Nothing more, nothing less.

• Thanks
Reactions: Stygian
I thought that smaller companies like EB would be better at listening to the discussion on forums like this to know what people like. Obviously that was just wishful thinking.
Maybe it’s better to first wait what the end product will be like before bashing it.
It could also be the reason why they are not listening anymore to people on this forum.

• Thanks
Reactions: DMD4k
Maybe it’s better to first wait what the end product will be like before bashing it.
It could also be the reason why they are not listening anymore to people on this forum.
reading is listening, whether they choose to do anything about what they read is entirely up to them. They may not hover over every thread at HDN, but they know what is said here in summary at times. I have had communication with them in the past, and if HDN or EB wanted to communicate directly we both could at any given time. There is no bad blood from HDN management's side.

There was some drama surrounding their first release based on the thread at this site, but much of it was from mismanagement and growing pains when trying to start something from the ground up. I commend them on the latter, but we don't need to be naive to say that it couldn't have been handled better. Business' no different than people live and learn. But in the end I can speak from years of experience of running this site that the #1 thing a retailer can do is improve quality. No one needs to give anyone benefits of the doubt on product, only just focus on your product and improve as the pictures afterwards if quality will feed the hype and thus bring success. Until then, members can speak their minds if they so choose. But what I'm getting at is ... there is no loyalty. Some may have personal morals they dont want to break, but I've seen MANY people who may bash something one day and then when the product is quality they are then later buying it. The only time loyalty comes into play larger is when 3-5 premium retailers are releasing the same movie thus there can tend to be a lot of crossover and when there is then folks can pick and choose more so based off customer service. etc.

But if Joe Blow Media somehow releases True Lies on blu-ray in a steelbook tomorrow then people will purchase despite not knowing who the heck Joe Blow Media is. Or the countless times someone says they'll never order from Zavvi again but six months later they are showing their recent Zavvi purchase. As a Community we share in the good and the bad, and the unfortunate at times from any retailers, but its not without the realm of possibility for any of us to be won back because these products are different by their CONTENT in that of MOVIE. Its not like I can say screw Hiland Milk im only buying Borden Milk now as its still milk. I could say screw Justice League but then later want to be buy Avengers........