Schindler's List (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Cine-Museum Art #??) [Italy]

Jun 29, 2011
Welcome to Schindler's List - Cine-Museum ART official Thread!

Universal has announced an impressive new year's release in 4K.
In Italy it will also be available in a collector's version created by the Cine-Museum staff!

Info:
Print Run: TBC
Release Date: TBC
Group Buy; Coonfirmed on Hi-Def Ninja
Link: TBC
Steelbook: WWA (artwork TBC)
Full Slip: Lenticular

Final Artwork Work in progress...

81755753_1769934883137335_3896636068870488064_o.jpg

SCHINDLER Bozza 5 (nuova citazione).jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm surprised it's not on the back of the steelbook itself to be honest. Unfortunately they seem to have gone slightly minimalist with the steelbook design on this one, which of course may appeal to some.

is this still confirmed as a lenticular slip? if so, Seema a little gimmicky for this type of movie......

While maintaining the frontal lenticular effect, we are sure to have respected the message and the value of this film.
We understand the seriousness of the theme addressed and all the choices have been made in a coherent way (for example a special gift will not be created, but a special commemorative card).
We find more bad taste to create cards of the characters as if it were a movie about avengers, this seems to us really out of place.

Thanks anyway for your suggestion, we are sure that the finished product will be excellent and austere.

is this still confirmed as a lenticular slip? if so, Seema a little gimmicky for this type of movie......

I was about to write the very same.
I do like the artwork, but will not add the slip to my collection, because it's a lenticular. It just feels out of place for a title like this (the same applies to the lenti releases of The Pianist and The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas).

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on this matter. @duckandrun
It's too late for this release now, but will you consider "normal" full slips in the future, too? Or is the Cine-Art line-up set out to feature lenticulars on every release? As nice as the Cine-Musem lentis are, personally I prefer an embossed full slip over a lenti. With the backsides of your previous releases, you've proven you do know how to pull off nice effects. Would be nice if you went "all out" and treated the front in the same fashion, for a change. :thumbs:

+1
..not really a fan of lenti slips either... A nicely spotglossed or otherwise highlighted slip looks much more classy..

If you're a fan of lentis just add a lenti magnet to the Steelbook...
and people who don't like those can easily remove them..

I was about to write the very same.
I do like the artwork, but will not add the slip to my collection, because it's a lenticular. It just feels out of place for a title like this (the same applies to the lenti releases of The Pianist and The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas).

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on this matter. @duckandrun
It's too late for this release now, but will you consider "normal" full slips in the future, too? Or is the Cine-Art line-up set out to feature lenticulars on every release? As nice as the Cine-Musem lentis are, personally I prefer an embossed full slip over a lenti. With the backsides of your previous releases, you've proven you do know how to pull off nice effects. Would be nice if you went "all out" and treated the front in the same fashion, for a change. :thumbs:

it seems very hard to find perfect mix for this release.
We'll do our best to produce best final effect and yes, maybe this title deserves probably this title also deserved a full slip variant.

thank you all for sharing your ideas.

+1
..not really a fan of lenti slips either... A nicely spotglossed or otherwise highlighted slip looks much more classy..

If you're a fan of lentis just add a lenti magnet to the Steelbook...
and people who don't like those can easily remove them..
At the end of the day a full slip no matter how "classy" is still just cardboard whereas a lentislip brings something extra to the table.

we are sure that the finished product will be excellent and austere.
Can't say I appreciate the title treatment on the front but can at least see where it (possibly) came from and why - maybe to allow enough space to fit "A FILM BY STEVEN SPIELBERG" in reasonably large print?
1547320045957.png
1547320219594.png

Shame, though, as a different title font would have been more appropriate / "austere" as those rounded swirls and loops look a bit odd ...

... and while there are indeed swirls and loops in the credits these are definitely less flouncy and more angular / "austere":-
1547320680770.png
1547322519173.png

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
RE: Quote on back:-
"World entire" sounds good to me with word positioning used to add emphasis to the phrase ... second part making as much sense as the first part,
"But man was created alone to teach you that whoever kills one life kills the world entire, and whoever saves one life saves the world entire."

Of course, "World entire" and "entire World" has the same meaning and both appear in the Talmud and in the Quran:-
Jerusalem Talmud, Sanhedrin 4:1 (22a)
"Therefore, Adam [from whom all humanity descended] was created singly, to teach us that whoever destroys a single life (in Israel) is considered by Scripture to have destroyed the whole world and whoever saves a single life (in Israel) is considered by Scripture to have saved the whole world."

The Muslim holy book the Quran, says in Surah 5 verse 32
"Because of that, We decreed upon the Children of Israel that whoever kills a soul unless for a soul or for corruption done in the land it is as if he had slain mankind entirely and whoever saved a life it as if he saved mankind entirely.”

Schindler's list returns to the cinema on the occasion of the 25th Anniversary!
A great opportunity for those who did not have the chance to see it many years ago ... it will happen in other countries also?

BANNER 25° ANNIVERSARIO.jpg

• Thanks
Reactions: CleverLoginName
Schindler's list returns to the cinema on the occasion of the 25th Anniversary!
A great opportunity for those who did not have the chance to see it many years ago ... it will happen in other countries also?

Yes, over here (Germany) it's coming back to the movies, too. In my town it's only one show, though - on the 27th, the Holocaust Remembrance Day. I don't know if it's like this everywhere in Germany or if other cinemas have more than the one show. Either way, I got my ticket and am looking forward to see it (not to mention the new print) on the big screen. I was way too young when Schindler's List hit the cinemas originally, so it's going to be a very special experience, I suppose.

• Thanks
Reactions: Radagast
Yes, over here (Germany) it's coming back to the movies, too. In my town it's only one show, though - on the 27th, the Holocaust Remembrance Day. I don't know if it's like this everywhere in Germany or if other cinemas have more than the one show. Either way, I got my ticket and am looking forward to see it (not to mention the new print) on the big screen. I was way too young when Schindler's List hit the cinemas originally, so it's going to be a very special experience, I suppose.

I always thought you were my age :D:p...i watched this in cinema

• Haha
Kinda late to the game, and I haven't read the previous comments. I like the front very much, but I would prefer a hand-drawn style front rather than a lenticular.
The new back is perhaps the most iconic shot from the movie, and the tagline could be debossed/carved into paper.
Looking forward to the final design.

• Thanks