Schindler's List (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Cine-Museum Art #??) [Italy]

Jun 29, 2011
Welcome to Schindler's List - Cine-Museum ART official Thread!

Universal has announced an impressive new year's release in 4K.
In Italy it will also be available in a collector's version created by the Cine-Museum staff!

Info:
Print Run: TBC
Release Date: TBC
Group Buy; Coonfirmed on Hi-Def Ninja
Link: TBC
Steelbook: WWA (artwork TBC)
Full Slip: Lenticular

Final Artwork Work in progress...

81755753_1769934883137335_3896636068870488064_o.jpg

SCHINDLER Bozza 5 (nuova citazione).jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Editor here. :) The phrase "the world entire" is proper English, but a form that's often archaic. It's called a postpositive adjective—that is, the adjective comes after the noun it modifies. That structure often comes into English from translations of languages in which the word order works that way. Sometimes these phrases become common set phrases, and we regard them as fully communicative and natural. Some examples of postpositive adjectives: pound sterling, proof positive, the devil incarnate, God Almighty, heir apparent, professor emeritus, prince regent, code red, the body politic, sergeant major.

So this discussion isn't about whether "the world entire" is "proper English," but just about whether or not you happen to like the phrase. :)

The quote whoever saves one life saves the world entire comes from the Hebrew Jewish Talmud

This is the full quote from the Jewish Talmud
Whoever destroys a soul [of Israel], it is considered as if he destroyed an entire world. And whoever saves a life of Israel, it is considered as if he saved an entire world.

Schindler's Jewish workers present a gold ring, on which they got inspiration from the Talmud text ,The ring is engraved, to Schindler before he leaves to flee from the Allies
The quote engraved on the ring is Whoever saves one life saves the world entire

It's correct as that is what is engraved on the ring this actually happened

Hebrew to english translations can vary put that is the quote they engraved on the ring

The plaque outside Schindler's factory in Krakow is a copy of this quote in polish/english/hebrew

Photo of the lead model that was used to create the gold ring that was nearly thrown out years later after the war
Louis Gross holds the lead model his father Jozef Gross made for Oskar Schindler's ring in 1945
6978433099893640360no.jpg

Last edited:
It's perfectly fine English.

There's more than one way to say something.

See post above.....

I'll put it differently, it's not proper modern English. Its not like the holocaust happened long ago - this film does not capture something that happened hundreds of years ago (or one thousand years ago). I'm sure if one wanted to, he or she could speak Old English, which is more Germanic than modern English, but no one speaks like that anymore.

Anyway, I think the real problem is that the translation shouldn't have been done literally word for word as not all languages use the same style of syntax. The workers who did the ring with the original quote goofed up, but again, I understand why the quote was written as such on both the monument and the back cover.

Last edited:
I'll put it differently, it's not proper modern English. Its not like the holocaust happened long ago - this film does not capture something that happened hundreds of years ago (or one thousand years ago). I'm sure if one wanted to, he or she could speak Old English, which is more Germanic than modern English, but no one speaks like that anymore.

Anyway, I think the real problem is that the translation shouldn't have been done literally word for word as not all languages use the same style of syntax. The workers who did the ring with the original quote goofed up, but again, I understand why the quote was written as such on both the monument and the back cover.

dude, respectfully,, you need to get out more //

Reactions: MM3
Anyway, I think the real problem is that the translation shouldn't have been done literally word for word as not all languages use the same style of syntax.
Your input about it is a bit late now, the translation is not ongoing.
The workers who did the ring with the original quote goofed up, but again, I understand why the quote was written as such on both the monument and the back cover.
You think the workers goofed up because they engraved a direct quote. That makes no sense to me.

Guy just can't seem to admit he's wrong. :dunno:

There's nothing wrong with the quote. It's not like it's a misspelling on CM's part or anything. It appears exactly as it does on the monument and in the film :confused:

It's been re-threaded and gone over enough now. :yawn: Enough members here have been more than helpful in trying to explain it to him. Sounds like he would have a meltdown if he watched Baz Luhrman's Romeo & Juliet!! :spoil::giggle:

Moving on, I'm looking forward to hearing when this goes up for order......

Guy just can't seem to admit he's wrong. :dunno:

There's nothing wrong with the quote. It's not like it's a misspelling on CM's part or anything. It appears exactly as it does on the monument and in the film :confused:

It's been re-threaded and gone over enough now. :yawn: Enough members here have been more than helpful in trying to explain it to him. Sounds like he would have a meltdown if he watched Baz Luhrman's Romeo & Juliet!! :spoil::giggle:

Moving on, I'm looking forward to hearing when this goes up for order......

I was only pointing out that it's an awkward thing to read for modern speakers of English. Maybe if you paid attention you would notice I said "modern English." I would not have a meltdown over a movie based on a different era. What you said makes no sense.

Last edited:
Your input about it is a bit late now, the translation is not ongoing.
You think the workers goofed up because they engraved a direct quote. That makes no sense to me.

The workers were the one's who the quote was taken from. The people who did the monument took the quote from the ring engraving as pointed out. Also, this is what is written in the Jewish Talmud as someone also mentioned:

"Whoever destroys a soul [of Israel], it is considered as if he destroyed an entire world. And whoever saves a life of Israel, it is considered as if he saved an entire world."

..it's kind of an odd thing for "modern people" to watch a b/w movie..so keeping this in mind it fits kinda perfectly...:D

I was only pointing out that it's an awkward thing to read for modern speakers of English. Maybe if you paid attention you would notice I said "modern English." I would not have a meltdown over a movie based on a different era. What you said makes no sense.

..it's kind of an odd thing for "modern people" to watch a b/w movie..so keeping this in mind it fits kinda perfectly...:D

Not really... that would simply be an artistic style. I was speaking solely of modern syntax, not art. The era of the movie wasn't that long ago.

That would make it almost 3/4 of a century, actually... ;):giggle:

Lol, can't believe everyone's still banging on about the quote on the back... :rolleyes::sleep:

Haha! This turned into an unnecessary argument, but peace to everyone. Best wishes.

HI, we're still working (fighting :LOL:) to get artworks approval. process will take more time then we planned form some reasons.
We're sure that this is definitely best artwork and we'll work every day to make it happens!

Thanks for your patience!

• Helpful Post
Reactions: Basil