Oct 1, 2012
Pennsylvania
Release date: April 5, 2022
Purchase link: Best Buy
Price: $34.99
Group buy: hosted by apsmith21

c.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I think I won´t be the chosen one, that gets a steelbook without dents. A luck I ordered from Amazon, puuh:confused:
:D:naughty::spoil:

I think I won´t be the chosen one, that gets a steelbook without dents. A luck I ordered from Amazon, puuh:confused:
:D:naughty::spoil:
USA steelbook is a Best Buy exclusive

Other countries releases until someone gets delivery only then will it be known if steelbook in those countries has same finish as USA

Got to Best Buy this afternoon to get my ISPU copy and there was a massive dent, so I immediately returned it. I wasn't sure about getting another copy but a second store was on my way to the gym so I hopped off the train, went in , and found one on the shelf that looked pretty clean. When I got home and unwrapped it there where maybe 12 dents scattered along it. I was actually able to completely (or almost completely) fix most of them. The two that are still visible aren't so bad, so I salvaged it and it looks really nice.

Ugh that sucks. I can live with dents for a $19.99 steelbook but some of these higher prices makes it tough to settle

Reactions: JGCramp
Ugh that sucks. I can live with dents for a $19.99 steelbook but some of these higher prices makes it tough to settle
Yep, exactly. But it’s par for the course these days. Decided to give it to my sister so she can watch it with my niece and nephew (they all love the Scream films). I’ll eventually pick up another one. Looks like it’s going to sell out so I’ll probably grab one from Fnac since I have a discount code. I’m more confident it’ll arrive from France with less damage than from Best Buy.

got my copy. i really like the artwork and it doesn't hurt that's glossy :)
I even think the glossy one is the best. European one is just matte and nothing special. You can´t go wrong with the BB-one when you get one without dents.

Reactions: tono06
I even think the glossy one is the best. European one is just matte and nothing special. You can´t go wrong with the BB-one when you get one without dents.
Even when you get one mostly dent free now you get a nice imprint from the rotten tomatoes sticker and from the other dumb sticker Best Buy put on the package. Just don't shine a bright light on it and you will never see it. Unfortunately, I made that mistake. Never noticed on prior steelbooks but have a sticker imprints on the Scream and the Matrix Ressurections Best Buy steelbooks. Thanks Best Buy for your continued lousy quality assurance.

Even when you get one mostly dent free now you get a nice imprint from the rotten tomatoes sticker and from the other dumb sticker Best Buy put on the package. Just don't shine a bright light on it and you will never see it. Unfortunately, I made that mistake. Never noticed on prior steelbooks but have a sticker imprints on the Scream and the Matrix Ressurections Best Buy steelbooks. Thanks Best Buy for your continued lousy quality assurance.
Ouch, I hate that and that sticker-issue mostly was a German thing, because they always had to put their rating logos on it instead of using J-cards. Later it became more standard to print it on the cards. I have some that still have marks of it, but also realized that it mostly was related to the time the sticker were on there. Got the Tekken-Steelbook from bay and the seller didn´t remove the rating-sticker and now you see it and it looks awful. The UK-steel of Scream also has a sticker on it. Strange that they still do that. Best is to take a lighter, hold the steel vertical and warm it next to the flame very carefully. When it is warm enough remove sticker and then try to put some oil on the residues (just one little drop). Wait a while then. For cleaning that up you have to take a glasses cleaning cloth, because it has inclusions that take up dirt/dust and do not scratch the surface like most cleaning cloths do. They keep the dust on the surface and you distriute it and that causes the scratches, especially on high gloss ones. But it have to be these ultra-soft glass cleaning clothes. There are also somes that aren´t soft enough and also leave marks/scratche on the steelbook.

Ouch, I hate that and that sticker-issue mostly was a German thing, because they always had to put their rating logos on it instead of using J-cards. Later it became more standard to print it on the cards. I have some that still have marks of it, but also realized that it mostly was related to the time the sticker were on there. Got the Tekken-Steelbook from bay and the seller didn´t remove the rating-sticker and now you see it and it looks awful. The UK-steel of Scream also has a sticker on it. Strange that they still do that. Best is to take a lighter, hold the steel vertical and warm it next to the flame very carefully. When it is warm enough remove sticker and then try to put some oil on the residues (just one little drop). Wait a while then. For cleaning that up you have to take a glasses cleaning cloth, because it has inclusions that take up dirt/dust and do not scratch the surface like most cleaning cloths do. They keep the dust on the surface and you distriute it and that causes the scratches, especially on high gloss ones. But it have to be these ultra-soft glass cleaning clothes. There are also somes that aren´t soft enough and also leave marks/scratche on the steelbook.
Thanks for the tips, but it is actually a sticker imprint on the steelbook. Despite the sticker being placed on the plastic and not on the steelbook, there is still an imprint in the shape of a the sticker on the steelbook. Not sure what Best Buy is doing to cause this. Maybe they are just packing these super tight during shipment or just using extreme pressure to place the sticker on the plastic wrap. So weird as it just became an issue as never noticed it before.

Thanks for the tips, but it is actually a sticker imprint on the steelbook. Despite the sticker being placed on the plastic and not on the steelbook, there is still an imprint in the shape of a the sticker on the steelbook. Not sure what Best Buy is doing to cause this. Maybe they are just packing these super tight during shipment or just using extreme pressure to place the sticker on the plastic wrap. So weird as it just became an issue as never noticed it before.
Aah, ok - now I think I know what you mean - the sticker-image is visible on your steelbook and a kind of ghost-print or something like that. Did I understand that right?

Aah, ok - now I think I know what you mean - the sticker-image is visible on your steelbook and a kind of ghost-print or something like that. Did I understand that right?
Yes exactly. Happened on the last two steelbooks I bought from Best Buy, Matrix Resurrections and Scream. One was instore and one was shipped. Crazy because I have never seen that before. I am close to giving up on Best Buy.

Reactions: komor