Oct 1, 2012
Pennsylvania
Release date: April 5, 2022
Purchase link: Best Buy
Price: $34.99
Group buy: hosted by apsmith21

c.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
It's being released worldwide, don't think a group buy is needed. Also betting it'll be half price in a while.

Oh I get you but some folks still want me to help - they might have bad luck with amazon and always get a damaged steelbook, or like to get it earlier than where it's released where they are...

just really depends and why I always ask on the thread.

It's being released worldwide, don't think a group buy is needed. Also betting it'll be half price in a while.
Well, new Halloween movie was trash and the steelbook is $100-$150 in ebay now, so I don’t know about half the price thing. It’s basically gambling at this point.

Well, new Halloween movie was trash and the steelbook is $100-$150 in ebay now, so I don’t know about half the price thing. It’s basically gambling at this point.

The reason for the high eBay prices for the Halloween Kills and Dune steelbooks from the U.S. is because Best Buy hasn't put any copies in the stores. Only pre-ordered copies have been shipped to buyers so far.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: apsmith21
The reason for the high eBay prices for the Halloween Kills and Dune steelbooks from the U.S. is because Best Buy hasn't put any copies in the stores. Only pre-ordered copies have been shipped to buyers so far.
I don't follow Halloween releases as that franchise never interested me, so don't know what the deal is with that steelbook. If it's a real exclusive, and OOP, maybe it's reasonable for it to be $100. But Best Buy's Dune, as well as the subject of this thread, is a WWA steelbook available in numerous countries. If some people are willing to pay double/triple prices due to their limited worldview, it's their problem.
Of course there's always a chance any steelbook will get sold out, just the more places it's available, the less the likelihood of that happening.

Well, I got my copy in the store, so I don’t know what you’re talking about. It might come back in stock or it might not. “The Thing” never came back, some other releases came back. I don’t know if there is any way to know. I don’t really think whatever fantasies Bestbuy’s employees are telling people when they call and annoy them with questions as to whether something will come back in stock can be really trustworthy.

I don't follow Halloween releases as that franchise never interested me, so don't know what the deal is with that steelbook. If it's a real exclusive, and OOP, maybe it's reasonable for it to be $100. But Best Buy's Dune, as well as the subject of this thread, is a WWA steelbook available in numerous countries. If some people are willing to pay double/triple prices due to their limited worldview, it's their problem.
Of course there's always a chance any steelbook will get sold out, just the more places it's available, the less the likelihood of that happening.
Halloween ( the most recent) is also a WWA steelbook. There were dozens of WWA steelbooks that got super expensive specifically released by Bestbuy. Sometimes there is a difference in finish, but most of the time there is no difference and it’s a mystery for me why most of the time Bestbuy’s steelbooks are valued more, at least in US.

• Friendly
Reactions: milky
Well, I got my copy in the store, so I don’t know what you’re talking about. It might come back in stock or it might not. “The Thing” never came back, some other releases came back. I don’t know if there is any way to know. I don’t really think whatever fantasies Bestbuy’s employees are telling people when they call and annoy them with questions as to whether something will come back in stock can be really trustworthy.
so many people in other threads got Dune damaged or without discs. HK was a ghost really as well

Sometimes there is a difference in finish, but most of the time there is no difference and it’s a mystery for me why most of the time Bestbuy’s steelbooks are valued more, at least in US.
Oh yeah, I was surprised to find the BB version of Howard the Duck steelbook was debossed, while Zavvi's, which I bought, wasn't.

Got to Best Buy this afternoon to get my ISPU copy and there was a massive dent, so I immediately returned it. I wasn't sure about getting another copy but a second store was on my way to the gym so I hopped off the train, went in , and found one on the shelf that looked pretty clean. When I got home and unwrapped it there where maybe 12 dents scattered along it. I was actually able to completely (or almost completely) fix most of them. The two that are still visible aren't so bad, so I salvaged it and it looks really nice.