Scream - 25th Anniversary (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) [UK]

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Release date: October 18, 2021 - February 27, 2023 (Reissue)
Purchase links: Zavvi - Amazon UK - HMV
Price: £26.99 - £24.99

Scream Front.jpg

Scream Back.jpg Scream Inside.jpg 61xMzl1i1QL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I went with the 4K+Blu-ray Amaray release looks better than the steelbook and lot cheaper

Amaray release also might include a slipcover

Amazon have taken payment for the 4K Amaray I should have delivery next week

Looks like it's Matte finish with Gloss on the knife, no clue how this guy got it

Don't see gloss, the only moving part was with the spine, couldn't see it there. More reflection was all around the knife actually, but that's probably just because of the color if it.
Either way any steelbook is better than amaray.

Looks like it's Matte finish with Gloss on the knife, no clue how this guy got it

The finish is matte and the knife is bare metal with translucent spotgloss. Looks quite good, but I don´t like that they brushed the metal vertical and the knive has this texture too and no knive looks like this (horizontal would have been correct).

Reactions: TGO
Don't see gloss, the only moving part was with the spine, couldn't see it there. More reflection was all around the knife actually, but that's probably just because of the color if it.
Either way any steelbook is better than amaray.
There are lots of amaray releases with slipcovers that are better than steelbooks

Some slipcovers have amazing artwork with embossing that are fantastic in comparison to some steelbooks
Some releases that come with slipcovers are more limited than steelbooks as some only come with initial first pressing and some can have very limited amount made and you sometimes might not even be sure you get a slip if you pre order
There are some amaray releases with slipcovers that sell for crazy amounts when a release no longer includes a slip

Steelbooks can be done very good sometimes but not always better than an amaray release with a slipcover

I purchase a amaray release when includes a slipcover sometimes over a steelbook or double dip when both good

Reactions: DMD4k and crib79
I know there's better art on amarays, which is often repeated on slip covers, and lately more often I like the arrangement on amarays, but I meant as the form of packaging, steelbook is always better. I value digipacks, and those digibooks with cardboard pages with discs in them, more than steelbooks. But never an amaray, whatever art is on it.
Those o-ring slips from major studios just repeat the art, they're often not sealed in plastic, come already brushed on corners. I feel like they're dirty.
The amarays are now often even more flimsy, because they're 'saving the planet' by cutting various shapes in its sides.
I have no idea why some crazy people pay any money for those slips. They're mostly American, I assume, who consider that 'exclusivity' from one of the chain stores like Target worthy.
I've noticed them pointing out in various collection videos on YouTube, that they've got slips of this and that, some even bought two or three amaray editions of the same release just for different slips. I'm looking at all that thinking, wow, everything is from one country and only amarays, my collection with 100s of digibooks, steels, and digipack boxsets from dozens of countries is way better and more exclusive.
I'd rather have the ugliest steelbook, or mediabook with all black text inside, in a language I can't read to boot, instead of any amaray, with or without a slip.

Last edited:
I've actually modified the 4K slips to fit Steelbooks in.
mainly for Blu-ray Steelbooks that I've got the 4K version amaray and popped an extra disc holder inside to store the 4K disc
If I can get hold of the Slip for Scream somehow, I'd do the same.

I know there's better art on amarays, which is often repeated on slip covers, and lately more often I like the arrangement on amarays, but I meant as the form of packaging, steelbook is always better. I value digipacks, and those digibooks with cardboard pages with discs in them, more than steelbooks. But never an amaray, whatever art is on it.
Those o-ring slips from major studios just repeat the art, they're often not sealed in plastic, come already brushed on corners. I feel like they're dirty.
The amarays are now often even more flimsy, because they're 'saving the planet' by cutting various shapes in its sides.
I have no idea why some crazy people pay any money for those slips. They're mostly American, I assume, who consider that 'exclusivity' from one of the chain stores like Target worthy.
I've noticed them pointing out in various collection videos on YouTube, that they've got slips of this and that, some even bought two or three amaray editions of the same release just for different slips. I'm looking at all that thinking, wow, everything is from one country and only amarays, my collection with 100s of digibooks, steels, and digipack boxsets from dozens of countries is way better and more exclusive.
I'd rather have the ugliest steelbook, or mediabook with all black text inside, in a language I can't read to boot, instead of any amaray, with or without a slip.
I understand that dirty and broken slipcovers are a letdown, but come on there are some really cool ones from the UK, France and the US, that I don´t want to miss in my collection and I think the Scream one will be a nice one as well. That thing with the Eco-cases is just an American thing at the time. Some years ago there were a lot of Blu-Rays from Germany with these cases , but newer releases don´t have them anymore. Especially the 4K-Amarays from all European countries mostly come with high quality cases and don´t have all that issues. My collection nowadays is mostly Amarays (with and without Slipcovers) and Mediabooks. Digibooks and Slipboxes are also cool, but I don´t like steelbooks anymore - they are always damaged (I cannot remember the last flawless one) and have to be in perfect shape to be not completely worthless - I cannot tell that from Amarays and Mediabooks. The Mediabooks are mostly in good shape and when the Amarays have slightly damages, but are not completely broken, it is still ok and you have the opportunity to change the case afterwards.
I agree to that thing with exclusives from different countries and different editions in general. This makes sense - I do the same and try to collect the better ones, no matter what languages are in the textbooks.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lenny Nero
And it's on its way, was about to buy the amaray as I assumed it was going the same way as the Italian release