Scream - 25th Anniversary (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) [UK]

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Release date: October 18, 2021 - February 27, 2023 (Reissue)
Purchase links: Zavvi - Amazon UK - HMV
Price: £26.99 - £24.99

Scream Front.jpg

Scream Back.jpg Scream Inside.jpg 61xMzl1i1QL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I actually don’t mind that. The perfect finish could make or break it.

Reactions: TGO
I think thats going to be linked to the amazon US listing, not the UK one. Mainly because its using the US promo pic with the digital code banner. I'd expect the UK release will be a zavvi 4k single disc exclusive, much like coming to America was.

Also, wasn't the last scream UK steel distributed by lionsgate? I'm not so sure if paramount even have the rights to release it over here, unless it's shifted over relatively recently.

Last edited:
Still cut. At least the most recent release of it was still cut. Its got the time sped shot of Casey at the start which indicates that its still cut.
Chances are the 4k won't be cut if it's an international release. The bluray has simply been the same old uk master recycled again and again.

@IRON MAN

This is the USA release that is listed on Amazon UK
The seller is Amazon US (Amazon Global Store)

Amazon US have been puting a lot of usa release listings recently on UK website in advance of USA release date
After release date in USA will be available to purchase for UK delivery address it's a import

UK will be getting a 4K steelbook but that's not been announced yet

• Helpful Post
Reactions: tommyh84
I haven't seen Scream in a long time, but I do remember the UK version being cut when it came out on VHS. Are all UK versions of Scream now uncut?
Chances are the 4k won't be cut if it's an international release. The bluray has simply been the same old uk master recycled again and again.

Scream has never been cut by the BBFC, it was censored by the MPAA to avoid an NC17 and this version was used for all theatrical releases. Unrated version has been released on US laserdisc, Danish DVD, German DVD and I think Japan also got a DVD release.

Last edited:
I think thats going to be linked to the amazon US listing, not the UK one. Mainly because its using the US promo pic with the digital code banner. I'd expect the UK release will be a zavvi 4k single disc exclusive, much like coming to America was.

Also, wasn't the last scream UK steel distributed by lionsgate? I'm not so sure if paramount even have the rights to release it over here, unless it's shifted over relatively recently.
Well Paramount own Scream now so maybe that's why
This also looks to done by the same people who done Pretty in Pink & Some kind of wonderful based on the design on the back which was also a Paramount release which was available on everywhere.
Also this hasn't got listing on the US site yet, has it?
And Amazon.de I believe have a Reissue of the Blu-ray set for a October 21 release

Scream has never been cut by the BBFC, it was censored by the MPAA to avoid an NC17 and this version was used for all theatrical releases. Unrated version has been released on US laserdisc, Danish DVD and I think Japan also got a DVD release.
But the UK blu-ray release is cut.
The shot of Steve outside just has a close up of his head falling back & then a brief shot of his corpse whereas the normal cut/unrated cut you can see his guts falling out.
The shot of Casey in the tree is sped up to not make the gore as noticeable.
The shot of Tatum in the garage door fades away quicker while in the normal cut/unrated cut shows her head being crushed for longer.
The BBFC might not have cut it but its definitely different than the US release.

Reactions: samdavies
@IRON MAN

This is the USA release that is listed on Amazon UK
The seller is Amazon US (Amazon Global Store)

Amazon US have been puting a lot of usa release listings recently on UK website in advance of USA release date
After release date in USA will be available to purchase for UK delivery address it's a import

UK will be getting a 4K steelbook but that's not been announced yet

We know Paul, hence the thread. The link can be easily replaced later.

Reactions: paulboland
This also looks to done by the same people who done Pretty in Pink & Some kind of wonderful based on the design on the back which was also a Paramount release which was available on everywhere.
And Amazon.de I believe have a Reissue of the Blu-ray set for a October 21 release
It's the Amazon US listing on Amazon UK
If you not aware Amazon US have a global store on Amazon UK
Those listings are US imports and go live on Amazon UK after USA release date has happened as in when in stock with Amazon US
Delivery is to UK address only for the amazon us imports

UK release is happening but it's not known yet if will trade wide release or a retailer exclusive

This might be for example a Zavvi exclusive in UK

Well it's a miramax film, it was originally anyway. I think their catalogue got divvied up amoungst numerous studios last year. Looking at it paramount released a scream trilogy set in the uk in October just gone, so it's evidently with them now, yes. It was with lionsgate beforehand though.

This listing is definitely the US one, as UK releases don't have digital codes anymore. It'll just be amazon pulling the listing from their US site (whether that's live quite yet or not) and listing it as one of their global store listings. There will be a UK release, probably with exactly the same artwork, but it'll more than likely be a zavvi exclusive.

But the UK blu-ray release is cut.
The shot of Steve outside just has a close up of his head falling back & then a brief shot of his corpse whereas the normal cut/unrated cut you can see his guts falling out.
The shot of Casey in the tree is sped up to not make the gore as noticeable.
The shot of Tatum in the garage door fades away quicker while in the normal cut/unrated cut shows her head being crushed for longer.
The BBFC might not have cut it but its definitely different than the US release.
Like I said, it's the US R-rated (aka theatrical) version censored by the MPAA. All known blu-rays use this censored version, if you remember the scenes being different you must have seen one of the other versions I listed, or you've found an uncensored blu-ray release that others aren't aware of. Just trying to avoid people being disappointed when they pay extra to import expecting a different version, hopefully they release the unrated cut but it's far from guaranteed.

Screenshot_20210805-174124_Chrome[1].jpg

Last edited: